Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Best Pipes  (Read 5131 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Best Pipes
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 12:56:04 PM »

2UP,

Be sure you buy the right Hooker pipes from Direct Parts.........there are two type's available.

***** The ones they have on sale are for 88" and 95" motor's.*****

With the 103 motor you want the one's for above 95" which they have never put on sale to date. The pipes are larger to accomodate the exhaust flow better of the larger motor's.

Good Luck!

Fatboy,

I think the Hooker mufflers are the same, but the head pipes are different for the over 100 inch bikes (for the systems that come with head pipes).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 08:18:55 PM »

Robert.  36 holes will keep you busy. Interesting comments about Eagle vs Dwarf.  We are faced with the re-build decision soon. Receiving lots of mixed advice. Might need to give you a call to chat about pros and cons.
Where are you located?   Best of luck-  Let's ride someday.  I am "supposed to" get my new bike on Saturday. Saw it in the shop yesterday. Pipes being put on tomorrow.
Chris

Chris, I manage a 36 hole municipal golf course.  We're in our 6th year of Tiff Eagle on one course. It's been pretty good so far, but has been more time consuming and expensive that we had budgeted for. The last two courses we planted, we went back to dwarf. Suits our clientel and budget a little better. All the hybrids originated from your area, so you guys should have all the latest info and tricks of the trade, uh.  LOL  Hope we can meet someday. Tee it up in the AM and ride in the PM.

Later, Robert

GlideBoy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 08:46:50 PM »

I, too, was conflicted between Hooker and V&H.

My Harley service advisor recommended V&H; I'm waiting for them to come in...

Update: my Vance and Hines Ovals were installed today - nice!

I'm including a photo from their Website and the Link, where you can listen to the exhaust sound
http://www.vanceandhines.com/a201_ovals_drs.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 08:58:03 PM by GlideBoy »

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 01:18:30 AM »

Hello, 2Up
I've got a pair of the V\H slip on Ovals they only have about 2000 miles on them. I'm going with something else. Email me ISelBulls@Charter.net Don Davis. And we could work out something.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 04:17:01 PM »

Hello, 2Up
I've got a pair of the V\H slip on Ovals they only have about 2000 miles on them. I'm going with something else. Email me ISelBulls@Charter.net Don Davis. And we could work out something.

Don, you sell those V/H slip on Ovals, what you got in mind?

Hmmm, Bull seller...thinking a Nut Fry for the West Coast CVO guys....lol

jeff

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 07:39:06 PM »

Jeff,
I'm getting I think the Freedom package, Brad up at Freedom cycles is telling me it would work better for me, Not sure yet or I might go to Mitchells H-D in Modesto and have them put on the Rineharts. Are you interested in the Ovals  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2005, 08:52:48 PM »

Jeff,
I'm getting I think the Freedom package, Brad up at Freedom cycles is telling me it would work better for me, Not sure yet or I might go to Mitchells H-D in Modesto and have them put on the Rineharts. Are you interested in the Ovals  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Don,

No on the Ovals and Yes go with Brad at Freedom Cycles.

I have actually been in your shoes...whoops boots as I have had Rinehardts and tuned by Jack at Mitchells HD with a SERT and it was good however, Brad at Freedom can get that scooter of yours to haul the mail as he installed the Freedom Exhaust PC III and High Flow on my 06 CUSE and I love it. In addition I just went with Freedom's new CAM setup and grrrrr really improved my torque a whole bunch. So my vote is Freedom

I just rode through your neck of the woods this morning returning from Reno to Visalia

jeffj

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2005, 09:31:23 PM »

Jeff,
Hey! your the guy I talked to Brad this morning, and he said that a guy in Visalia had just picked up his bike and that he had put the new cam in it.
P.S. Have you ever had Rocky Mountain Oysters there good!
If you ever get up this way let me know maybe we could get together. Thanks for the info.

Don

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 09:48:26 PM »

Jeff,
Hey! your the guy I talked to Brad this morning, and he said that a guy in Visalia had just picked up his bike and that he had put the new cam in it.
P.S. Have you ever had Rocky Mountain Oysters there good!
If you ever get up this way let me know maybe we could get together. Thanks for the info.

Don

When you going to decide on exhaust?

I love Rocky Mtn. Oysters, use to eat them 3 or 4 times a year when I lived in KS

Yeah next time I am in your area I will pm you before, so we can hook up

jeffj

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 11:30:29 PM »

Jeffj
 I was on the fence on which guy I was going with, both of the guys are very good explaining things to me. but there has been a very large number of you that have said the same thing about just how good Brad is. I've also read about the problems different guys have had with the Rineharts, So I think I'll call Brad Fri. and try to get it in. If you don't mind me asking what did they charge you for the Cam. Maybe I'll get myself an early chrismas gift and have them do it all at the same time. Please do let me know if your up this way and I'll do the same.

Don
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.