Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: It is here!  (Read 6345 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: It is here!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 06:26:14 AM »

eagle, I might just take you up on that offer. 8 degrees with snow. That doesn't sound too bad.  Desperate people do desperate things.  LOL  I just have to be patient. My day will come.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Rambling, my December 5th date has been moved to Feb sometime. No exact date is being given. Just adds to the worry factor.   :(
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
  • If you can accept losing, you can't win
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 10:03:22 AM »

J.J., Just one question.  When did the Dealer originally say your bike would arrive?  Was it on time?  I'm wondering if the MOCO is delivering these Screamin' Eagles on time, or are they running behind?  My Autumn Haze was supposed to arrive in December.  At least, that's what they said back in September.  Well, according to my calendar, it's December, but my Dealer doesn't have a delivery date yet from the MOCO.  I'm beginning to suspect it's going to be January before I get it, and the temperatures will be plunging into the low 60's here in Forida by then!   ;)  --  JR

Ramblin Man,

I ordererd on August 8th was given a ship date of October 12th it did not ship until November 5th and was ready to ride on November 13th.  So it was about 30 days late.  A very long 30 days I might add.  By the way Florida? you will have 2k on yours before I get another 200 on.  it is -9 today. :'(
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 10:19:09 AM »

J.J., Just one question.  When did the Dealer originally say your bike would arrive?  Was it on time?  I'm wondering if the MOCO is delivering these Screamin' Eagles on time, or are they running behind?  My Autumn Haze was supposed to arrive in December.  At least, that's what they said back in September.  Well, according to my calendar, it's December, but my Dealer doesn't have a delivery date yet from the MOCO.  I'm beginning to suspect it's going to be January before I get it, and the temperatures will be plunging into the low 60's here in Forida by then!   ;)  --  JR

Ramblin,

I have been hearing (and seeing the corporate memos) of official delays since October.  They indicated they were 6 weeks behind and intend to be back on schedule by May 06.  I put a deposit down back in early August, and I am told mine is not on the Q1 dealer allocation, so it will be sometime between April and June.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I am in Austin, and there is good riding weather pretty much year round.  I'd rather have one and not be able to ride it, rather than be able to ride and not have one.  Atleast you can hug and pet yours  ;)

It always seems like I am saying, "ahhhh, next year will be better".    :-/

84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 12:29:10 PM »

JJ great looking scoot as I say so myself……I really Love the way those Rineharts look on that bike…I also have Rineharts in the box that I am going to put on my bike but I was going to wait until after the 1000 mile service.  Just wondering what  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]air filter, PCIII or SERT?  What did you used and where did you get it???? For mine I am looking for a SE air filter and just don’t know which one to go with the PCIII or SERT….and who to let map it.
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 01:11:43 PM »

For mine I am looking for a SE air filter and just don’t know which one to go with the PCIII or SERT….and who to let map it.

Bubba, find the best "who" you can first, and then go with whichever one they're the most comfortable using.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 01:23:02 PM »

Just wondering what  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]air filter, PCIII or SERT?  What did you used and where did you get it???? For mine I am looking for a SE air filter and just don’t know which one to go with the PCIII or SERT….and who to let map it.
Bubba,

On the air filter, I would recommend a Ness Big Sucker.  It comes with a genuine K&N oiled filter versus the paper filter in the SE kit.  The backing plate is also a better design.  Here are two links where you can get a good price (much lower than the SE kit):

http://www.easternperformance.com/~easternp/pages-productinfo/product-595/category-3/carb-intake-and-fuel-injection-arlen-ness-arlen-ness-big-sucker-air-filter-most-an18-500.html

https://www.directparts.com/cgi-bin/dp.store/4395d4fa005629f4273f404623320647/Product/View/AN18&2D500

You'll note on the direct parts site that it says "will not work on 2006 models".  We have determined that this is an incorrect statement, which Ness has corrected on their site but DP hasn't caught up yet.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 03:39:01 PM »

JJ great looking scoot as I say so myself……I really Love the way those Rineharts look on that bike…I also have Rineharts in the box that I am going to put on my bike but I was going to wait until after the 1000 mile service.  Just wondering what  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]air filter, PCIII or SERT?  What did you used and where did you get it???? For mine I am looking for a SE air filter and just don’t know which one to go with the PCIII or SERT….and who to let map it.

Bubba,
I agree with 103 that being go with what your tuner wants to use they have to tune it.  Mine wanted to use the SE race tuner.  I did not have time to look for a filter so I had them go with the SE stage 1 paper.  I will be looking at the Big Sucker when it is time to change.  This was all done at my dealer except the pipes.  I baught the Rineharts from cyborg cycle at what I found to be a great deal 627.00 dealer install for free so they said ;).
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 11:11:58 PM »

My dealership says just put them on and it will run just fine.  Thats what they did to the first one that came in.  I havn't had a chance to talk to him but I bet it is lean........to say the least. He did the SE air filter and the SE Pipes which was what I was told.  However the dealership also said that the true test is to run it 200 miles and pull the plugs.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 11:26:22 PM »

My dealership says just put them on and it will run just fine.  . . . However the dealership also said that the true test is to run it 200 miles and pull the plugs.

[smiley=no.gif]  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 01:32:04 AM »

My dealership says just put them on and it will run just fine.  Thats what they did to the first one that came in.  

Was that the shop in LR, Hot Springs or Fort Smith?  Whichever it's a shop I hope I don't ever break down close to.  I still can't believe Hot Springs is being moved to Fort Smith next year.  Someone down there is mental  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 01:34:38 AM by twolanerider »

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 08:02:51 AM »

Ramblin Man,
I put a deposit down in early Sept. also. At that time Dec. was the date. Now I have a ship date of Jan. 20th.
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 09:09:28 AM »

Was that the shop in LR, Hot Springs or Fort Smith?  Whichever it's a shop I hope I don't ever break down close to.  I still can't believe Hot Springs is being moved to Fort Smith next year.  Someone down there is mental  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Has the new Bentonville, HD store broke ground?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 09:44:36 AM »

My dealership says just put them on and it will run just fine.  Thats what they did to the first one that came in.  I havn't had a chance to talk to him but I bet it is lean........to say the least. He did the SE air filter and the SE Pipes which was what I was told.  However the dealership also said that the true test is to run it 200 miles and pull the plugs.

I would look for a new dealer, That info is just plain wrong! You will need at least a stage one flash to the ECM, but it would still be too lean. The PCIII or Race Tuner is the way to go!

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2005, 10:05:25 AM »

That is not true.  Mine would not even run after they put the Rineharts on it with 5 miles on it.  They had to put it back to stock and put the miles on it, 500 like I said.  In order to make it run they would have had to DYNO and lets all agree without some break-in miles that is wrong.  Just my thought.
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 11:06:36 PM »

I may have mislead everyone a bit about the dealership in Little Rock that said just put them on and it will run fine.  What they did do to the first one is put Screamin Eagles Performance Mufflers and not the Rineharts and told me that it ran just fine.... I still just think that at the least it will be very lean……I still have not talked to to that guy about how his bike is running.
But if I do I'll post an update.
Sorry for any wrong info.......
Bubba
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.