Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hole in tour pack lid...Help  (Read 4680 times)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: Hole in tour pack lid...Help
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 08:30:53 AM »

the hinges take about an hour to install
but forgive me but I had to laugh when I saw that picture. Reminds me of Dave and the dremel grinding baffles.
here's a quick Fix, the TP is made of abs plastic, go to Home depot and get some 2-part epoxy FOR ABS PLASTIC, put a piece of duct tape on the inside tp act as a backer, then put a piece of blue tape on the holeand cut away enough to expose the hole (hope no one heard that phrase last night) you do this so you don't get the epoxy where you don't want it. mix epoxy and fill hole, popsicle stick works great, allow it to crown SLIGHTLY , carefully sand when done, and touch up paint. I found auto zone and such has a good match to most of HD colors for small touch ups.
OR, drill a hole in the other side to match and make up a story as to why the holes are there, like, to let the beaver breath
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 08:55:28 PM »

to let the beaver breath

:thumbsup: a breathing beaver is a good thing... i think !

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »

the hinges take about an hour to install
but forgive me but I had to laugh when I saw that picture. Reminds me of Dave and the dremel grinding baffles.
here's a quick Fix, the TP is made of abs plastic, go to Home depot and get some 2-part epoxy FOR ABS PLASTIC, put a piece of duct tape on the inside tp act as a backer, then put a piece of blue tape on the holeand cut away enough to expose the hole (hope no one heard that phrase last night) you do this so you don't get the epoxy where you don't want it. mix epoxy and fill hole, popsicle stick works great, allow it to crown SLIGHTLY , carefully sand when done, and touch up paint. I found auto zone and such has a good match to most of HD colors for small touch ups.
OR, drill a hole in the other side to match and make up a story as to why the holes are there, like, to let the beaver breath

At least the holes in my mufflers were both facing the ground where you can't see them...and I don't have those mufflers on the bike anymore.  I can't remember what I used the Dremel for last, but whatever it was, I remember thinking Larry would be proud of me when I didn't screw anything up.  I think the solution with getting a piece made to go around the hinges is a good idea.  That area is too visible to put "close enough" touch up paint on.  In the meantime, I would just tell anyone that asks to watch out for the high powered BB guns that are being shot at bikers.  That will get some attention.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.