Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Picked-up last night  (Read 3547 times)

jvall

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Picked-up last night
« on: December 14, 2005, 10:29:06 AM »

Picked-up my black & slate last night.The only problem was at an idle & cold, the engine would almost die -out then go back to a normal idle speed every few seconds. The mechanic said this is normal for a 103, and not to worry about it, as the problem will disappear after a 100 miles or so.Does this sound right to you?,or am I just worring about nothing.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 10:42:13 AM by 103tHunDer »

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Picked-up last night
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 10:52:50 AM »

Jvall- Don,t recall my 103 doing that when new. Depending on weather you can have that 100 miles on bike in 1 1/2 hour. Good photo
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 10:54:00 AM by ak »
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 11:09:24 AM »

Picked-up my black & slate last night.[highlight]The only problem was at an idle & cold, the engine would almost die -out then go back to a normal idle speed every few seconds. The mechanic said this is normal for a 103, and not to worry about it, as the problem will disappear after a 100 miles or so[/highlight].Does this sound right to you?,or am I just worring about nothing.
jvall,

My '05 did this also, and would actually stall on ocassion about 30 seconds after a cold start.  The dealer gave me the same BS about it being normal due to EPA emissions regs, etc., and never fixed it (offered to sell me a Race Tuner however).  It did not get any better after 100 miles, or 1000 miles.  I fixed the problem myself by adding a DFO to richen up the mixture slightly.  That solved the rolling idle and stall problems, as well as the hesitation at about 1800-2000 rpm.  To answer your question, No, it isn't right.  But if you want it fixed you will most likely have to do it yourself.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 11:34:32 AM »

My idle will stumble maybe once at cold start but after that it remains steady. Never heard of something like that changing after putting on some miles [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. I have the PCIII on my and that may have some thing to do with it. But to answer your question it does not sound right to me.

gator

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 12:28:47 PM »

Check your paint under floresent lighting/sun light that's how I found a major problem with my paint. Dealership had poor lighting and due to a snow storm could not look at the bike outside. Working with my dealer on the paint issue.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 01:00:14 PM »

Well congrats Jvall, your gonna be pleased.  Haven't had the idle problem your talking about, sounds like others have though.  It'll pan out, don't sweat it.

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 02:50:41 PM »

I have no idea about your problem, but I do hope you get it resolved...I just wanted to say CONGRATS on your new scoot!
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 03:13:32 PM »

Know of two 05s that had problems of identical description.  Dealers didn't fix either of them (and had to be almost forced to try).  The Stage I download when pipes and A/C were changed fixed them both though.

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 03:46:39 PM »

Picked-up my black & slate last night.The only problem was at an idle & cold, the engine would almost die -out then go back to a normal idle speed every few seconds. The mechanic said this is normal for a 103, and not to worry about it, as the problem will disappear after a 100 miles or so.Does this sound right to you?,or am I just worring about nothing.

Congrats on the new bike.  I have about 2500 on my Haze, and on cold start while warming at idle for a minute or so, it will miss once or twice, then resume normal idle speed.  Not thrilled about it, but it disappears after warm up.  

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
  • If you can accept losing, you can't win
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 05:39:32 PM »

Nice ride.  I have not noticed that in mine but then again it has not been started in about a month.  Weather :(    Again nice ride!
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 06:24:59 PM »

Nice scooter, you'll enjoy it. Mine will stall when it's cold but once it's warmed up it runs OK. The dealer told me that it's going to stall when it's cold, strange but all the other bikes I've had didn't have that problem.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 07:07:46 PM »

Congrats on the new ride.  I can't help on the cold running problem.  If it doesn't get better in a couple hundred miles I would take it back  and not expect to pay extra for some performance mod on a brand new bike.  I would expect it to run fine from startup to operating temperature.  Just enjoy it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »

Picked-up my black & slate last night.The only problem was at an idle & cold, the engine would almost die -out then go back to a normal idle speed every few seconds. [highlight]The mechanic said this is normal for a 103, and not to worry about it, as the problem will disappear after a 100 miles or so.[/highlight] Does this sound right to you?,or am I just worring about nothing.

jvall,
First off, nice looking scooter, enjoy it, and may you have many safe miles of riding. As for that engine problem this is the first I've heard of something like this, and I didn't experience it with my bike. I picked my
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 09:55:56 PM »

jvall,

Congrats on your new ride... It looks sweeet!

My '04 SEEG had this exact problem when it was new. My service manager at dealership said this not right, and was kind of baffled on what was going on. He called the MoCo, and they suggested new injectors. After the new injectors were installed the same problem existed. But NOT as frequent. This was quite embarrassng when a group of people are checking out the bike and it has this problem. You fire it up to drive away like a cooly, but it takes numerous attemps to get 'er going!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 10:13:01 PM by GROVER »

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 10:53:35 PM »

Congrats!  Let the adventure begin!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 06:09:55 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS....RIDE ..........RIDE SAFE.....BUT RIDE...........I WILL GETTING MINE HOPEFULLY AT THE END OF THE MONTH. HAPPY HOLIDAY AND EJOY YOUR NEW BIKE

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 10:09:58 PM »

Congrats jvall!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Had you planned on making any "enhancements"?  If you looked at any threads here, then you know that it's a popular hobby.  Also, it seems as if changing the A/C, Pipes and a pc or tuner actually make a difference.

Tough choice:  Take it back and put it on the dealer, or make the mods and hope for the best or... both?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.