Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Purrfect Sounding,Quietest,Best Performing Exhaust  (Read 5513 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Purrfect Sounding,Quietest,Best Performing Exhaust
« on: December 04, 2006, 11:53:04 AM »

Since it's so diffucult to decide which exhaust system to use on a stock CVO engine (Pipe, A/C, and SERT changes only), I thought I'd try to see if we can narrow it down. These seem to be the most popular changes for performance and sound. Trying to get that good Harley sound, but not too loud. Don't get upset that the Rineharts, Thunderheader, Borzilla, etc. aren't on the list, as they are better performing but too loud for this particular survey. Also please comment and post your observations. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Purrfect Sounding,Quietest,Best Performing Exh
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:35:50 PM »

Well Hoist,

An idea to help you would be to suggest you call Millers Custom Parts in Daytona Beach and ask to speak to DALE in the Exhaust Dept.   He has been putting on Exhausts for Millers for YEARS and has heard them all he can pretty much break it all down for you and will be a straight shooter.

386-761-0858
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »

Hoist,
So that your tally doesn't get skewed you may want to add another question...

Not voting, just want to see results.

This will keep vote accurate for what people really feel are the best, and those that want to know will be able to see results.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 12:43:13 PM »

Hoist,
So that your tally doesn't get skewed you may want to add another question...

[highlight]Not voting, just want to see results.[/highlight]

This will keep vote accurate for what people really feel are the best, and those that want to know will be able to see results.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Thanks dOOd, I'd like to add that, but don't know how to change the selections now that it's posted. Can you change it or let me know how? Thanks, Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 12:45:14 PM »

Well Hoist,

An idea to help you would be to suggest you call Millers Custom Parts in Daytona Beach and ask to speak to DALE in the Exhaust Dept.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 12:48:29 PM »

Thanks dOOd, I'd like to add that, but don't know how to change the selections now that it's posted. Can you change it or let me know how? Thanks, Hoist!
It's been done. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

FYI- In the top right hand corner of the poll you should see "Close", "Modify", and "Remove". To add/change something in your poll just click on "Modify" make changes and hit save.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 01:00:22 PM »

[highlight]It's been done.[/highlight] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

FYI- In the top right hand corner of the poll you should see "Close", "Modify", and "Remove". To add/change something in your poll just click on "Modify" make changes and hit save.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Thanks dOOd. Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 01:22:11 PM »

Well Hoist,

An idea to help you would be to suggest you call Millers Custom Parts in Daytona Beach and ask to speak to DALE in the Exhaust Dept.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 02:09:09 PM »

Hoist,

Thats Great that he was able to help you out.

Dale is a great guy and a good ole boy loves his 4 wheelers / mud....    His son is doing great with that 124 too ...    Glad he was able to help you decide and I knew he would be a great source of unbiased info for you.  

-harry

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 02:24:36 PM »

Hoist,

Thats Great that he was able to help you out.

Dale is a great guy and a good ole boy loves his 4 wheelers / mud....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 03:01:52 PM »

.... Hopefully, the bike will get here on time and I'll know exactly what to do to it when it does. Then you guys won't have to put up with all these questions. Instead, I'll be out breaking my new ride in. Thanks for everyone's help and patience. Hoist
Hoist,
No problems with the questions. Lucky for you, you found this place before your scooter showed up. Better to get the "good" information before you make decisions then after.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 03:16:39 PM »

Hoist,
No problems with the questions. [highlight]Lucky for you, you found this place before your scooter showed up[/highlight]. Better to get the "good" information before you make decisions then after.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

You got that right dOOD. You guys might think you're getting people to spend money here, but you're actually saving people money. Everyone I know sinks buku $$ on their Harley's. Only to find they bought crap or mismatched components. You guys have all the info so that we can make informed decisions before buying. There's a much better chance of making the right call and being happy with what you bought this way. Thanks all! Hoist!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:38:23 PM »

Hoist, I'm a little surprised that Dale thinks the D&D Fat Cats with the new quiet baffle would be too loud.  I have really been leaning that way since I know the Fat Cats put up some really good numbers.  And while the regular ones are a tad loud I thought the new quiet baffles (which they tell me cut the sound down by 50%) would be just the ticket.  Now you've got me wondering.  I explored the SPOs and you can look for some recent threads expressing concern (and data) that due to their somewhat unusual shape they will drag in sharp turns.  Decisions, decisions.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 11:15:15 PM »

Hoist, I'm a little surprised that Dale thinks the D&D Fat Cats with the new quiet baffle would be too loud.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 10:58:14 AM »

I have run with the V&H ovals on the V&H True Duals and found them just a little too loud

Now I have the S&S SPO's (on the V&H TD's) and they are just right on noise IMHO - meaty but not too obtrusive

The low end torque seemed to take a bit of a hit but I'm getting organised to fit the 575 cams so that should restore the low end Tq

The S&S SPO's are kinda bulky - but hidden under the bags they don't look too bad from the side

Mine have the ends painted matt black which helps the view from behind

I think there's an even quieter baffle available - the ones I have fitted are straight thru but I guess the size of the muffler body helps keep the dBs down

Actually the straight thru is great because you can see puffs of dust (or leaves! - or snow!!) being stirred up behind the bike even on idle and feel the exhaust pulses against your legs when you stand back there

And of course these things are stainless and should last forever - just right for a keeper of a bike

Cheers

Dave
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 10:59:51 AM by UK_Dave »
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.