Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Unique Metal Creations Hard-Bag Guardian REVIEW  (Read 17678 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Unique Metal Creations Hard-Bag Guardian REVIEW
« on: October 13, 2007, 09:19:56 AM »

Unique Metal Creations Hard-Bag Guardian

October 6th I ordered a Hard Bag Guardian along with a Tour-Pac Guardian from Unique Metal creations. This was on a Saturday evening. Shortly after placing my order I received an order confirmation. The following Monday I received a shipping confirmation along with a tracking number. On Thursday my order arrived.

Upon opening the box the first thing I noticed was the speckle powder coat finish. The box isn’t as big as you would think is required to hold two stands. They were both in there separated by some packing paper to keep them from rubbing on each other. Included in the packaging were instructions. Instructions! We don’t need no stinking instructions. OK I admit I read them. After removing the Guardian’s from the box I was surprised at the size of them or there lack of. The pictures on the web site make them look much larger. This is not a bad thing. Looking the stand over they appear to be very well made. Along with the powder coatings great appearance comes all stainless steel hardware, rubber feet and end caps in all of the ends of the tubing.

Out to the garage with the Guardian stands in hand. Since I have extended bags my first concern was if they would fit on the Guardian stands. My second concern was having to empty the bags like you have to do with some of the other products available on the market.

I opened the Hard Bag Guardian and than removed one of my saddle bags from the motorcycle and placed it on the Guardian. The bag fit without a single problem. The rubber grommet on the bottom of the saddle bag locked over the Guardian’s rail holding my saddle bag firmly in place. Since this was the lighter of the two bags next was going to be the test of the heavy bag. Off the motorcycle it came and onto the Guardian. Not a single problem. My saddle bag extensions cleared everything on the Guardian. My first concern had been addressed and was no longer a concern.

Next were the weight issues I had heard of with other stands. I opted to go right for the gusto and removed the lighter of the two bags from the stand. The Guardian was as stable with one bag as it was with two. Lets try this with the saddle bag lid open, you know for experiment sakes. Not a single problem. I even applied some pressure to the lid to see if I could upset the balance of the Guardian, not a chance.

The Hard Bag Guardian has an adjustable rubber stop on each side. This allows for multiple angle positions for your bags. I opted to allow my bags to lean out and away from each other to eliminate the chance of them falling in toward each other. This is just a train of though preference as I don’t foresee the bags moving at all.

Unique Metal Creations offers a package deal which includes a Tour-Pac Guardian along with the Hard-Bag Guardian. It was such a good deal I couldn’t pass it up.

The Tour-Pac Guardian has the same quality features as the hard-Bag Guardian. The top rails of the Tour-Pac Guardian have a soft plastic cover over them eliminating the chance of scratching your Tour-Pac. Looking at this stand it sure looks like it could be used for a multitude of things. I have been storing my Tour-Pac since 01 in an array of not so safe ways and locations. Now was the time for a change. I placed my Tour-Pac on the stand and the fit was perfect. Since the Tour-Pac is a bit cumbersome it sure was nice to have the plastic on the top rails. Once in position the Tour-Pac is very stable. As stated in the instructions it is not recommended to open the Tour-Pac lid while on the Guardian, so I did. As Unique Metal Creations stated the Tour-Pac may become un-stable and right they are. I found if I moved the Tour-Pac to one side favoring the lid hinge closer to the Guardian I was able to open the lid without any stability issues. Than again how often does one go in the Tour-Pac when it is off of the motorcycle! Nothing holds the Tour-Pac in place so you are able to move it around some on the stand. I don’t foresee this being a problem just an observation. Next is where to store the Tour-Pac and Guardian.

The size of the Guardians is relatively small and make for easy storage when not in use. For those that travel to the large events with their motorcycle in a trailer the Guardians would become a standard take along “tool”.

If you have a touring bike with hard saddle bags the Hard-Bag Guardian is must have.

http://uniquemetalcreations.com/page/1aeev/Catalog.html

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:27:05 PM by Puzzled »
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Unique Metal Creations Hard-Bag Guardian REVIEW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »

had been waiting on your review since you first posted about them. now will give the wife unit a  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: for an Xmas present! BTW great pix, and still love the extended bags john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 11:12:38 PM »

Thanks for the pics and the great write-up. 

I've seen the question asked before, but never an answer (also just searched the archives with no result) ... How do you post multiple pics in one post?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 11:22:54 PM »

Thanks for the pics and the great write-up. 

I've seen the question asked before, but never an answer (also just searched the archives with no result) ... How do you post multiple pics in one post?
The pictures are hosted somewhere else on the internet and he is using the image tag -
Code: [Select]
[img][/img] and inserting the URL in that to have the pictures show in his post rather then an attachment.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 11:30:12 PM »

Thanks, 'dood!  What do you recommend for a online storage site?  Are these reliable, or do the posts fail to load the pics sometimes?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 11:44:15 PM »

Thanks, 'dood!  What do you recommend for a online storage site?  Are these reliable, or do the posts fail to load the pics sometimes?
I don't have any first hand experience w/any of them. I've heard mention of "Photobucket" before, but I'm sure there are many more. I would start by Google-N "free photo storage" to see what that would give me.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 12:34:39 AM »

www.photobucket.com  Free and works great! :2vrolijk_21:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 10:51:54 AM »

I bought their saddlebag stand last year and like you have been very pleased and impressed with the quality and value.  Take very little storage room and are top notch quality.  Highly recommend. :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:36 PM »

pics are great, got something for the christmas list

iamtrker2

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »

Thanks for the review just ordered mine tonight

Ernie

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 03:03:49 PM »

I ordered the set sunday evening. Monday was presidents day. I received them on Tuesday! Wow that was friking fast! I am very happy with them and can't wait to get out in the driveway for some washing and waxing! The quality looks great and everything is as previously described! I would reccommend them to everyone!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 12:55:51 AM »

I have seen these, always bothered me that there was nothing holding them in place. If both are on the stand, you have never had a problem when washing or waxing one, and having the other one move around?

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 06:04:32 AM »

ordered, received and used them, working great  :2vrolijk_21:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 06:53:39 AM »

I have seen these, always bothered me that there was nothing holding them in place. If both are on the stand, you have never had a problem when washing or waxing one, and having the other one move around?

Never had that problem and I have had this stand for a few years. It's well balanced and you don't have to worry about it tipping over when you have just one bag on the stand either.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »

WOW, $37.10 shipping?? That raises the price up a little!!  :'(

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 06:55:09 PM »

I bought a set of these recently.  They are very well made.  Also, the tour pack stand work great as a Road Glide shark nose fairing holder too.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »

anybody lookin to buy the saddlebag rack ?? I have one in the box ..

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »

I'm bringing this back forward as I broke the saddlebag stand out recently for use with the new style bags. The 2013 (and earlier) bags went on the stands with no issues. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 08:03:49 PM »

Great stand! I use it on my 2009 and on my 2006 when I owned it.

I think the company must be out of business??? The link on the first page doesn't work.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »

Great stand! I use it on my 2009 and on my 2006 when I owned it.

I think the company must be out of business??? The link on the first page doesn't work.

I think you are correct. A quick search took me all to dead ends or parked domain names. That is a bummer if they closed up shop. Along those lines Bruiser's Inc did the same thing this past year.
2023 CVO Road Glide
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.