Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Gel Seat pad  (Read 6016 times)

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
Re: Gel Seat pad
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »

Anyone have photos of the airhawk on their seat?
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 01:56:10 PM »

Anyone have photos of the airhawk on their seat?

I have used several gel pads and have not found them to be as comfortable as the Air Hawk.

Key is to not use much air in the Air Hawk seat.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 03:36:58 PM »

Mine looks essentially the same........I'm also very pleased with mine.......haven't bought one yet for the wife...but I'm expecting her to request it soon. As an aside, I bought a gel pad for the seat to try and get some relief when I was in Sturgis last year, but it was really uncomfortable (made it actually hotter).

Maybe it was just me.

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 05:49:59 PM »

I'm actually pretty well pleased with my Air Rider Gel Pad, BUT I'm open to better alternatives.  The gel pad does increase my tolerance of the stock seat, and as such I'm good for about 500 miles per day.  Towards the end of a 500 mile day, I'm wanting to get off it tho'.  It gets hot.  This Air Hawk thing.....does it get hot?  Does it increase your tolerance of the stock seat?  What is farthest you've ridden in one day with it?  Any trouble with hot spots toward the end of a high mileage day?  Finally, how much does it cost, and who sells 'em?  Thanks.

Henry

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 07:30:06 PM »

THanks, ordered one online today!
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 08:49:28 PM »

I'm actually pretty well pleased with my Air Rider Gel Pad, BUT I'm open to better alternatives.  The gel pad does increase my tolerance of the stock seat, and as such I'm good for about 500 miles per day.  Towards the end of a 500 mile day, I'm wanting to get off it tho'.  It gets hot.  This Air Hawk thing.....does it get hot?  Does it increase your tolerance of the stock seat?  What is farthest you've ridden in one day with it?  Any trouble with hot spots toward the end of a high mileage day?  Finally, how much does it cost, and who sells 'em?  Thanks.

Henry

Henry - I use the air hawk for rides of 300+ miles per day - less than that I never bother.  The Air Hawk does not get as hot as any seat I have sat - it has some air channels that allows air under the butt - less sweat basically and that equates to more comfort.  It does increase the tolerance of my stock seat and I have used it on the Mustang on my RK and on the stock seat on my SEULTRA.  Fartherest ridden in one day - almost 1,100 miles in about 18 hours.  Butt was not sore but most everything else was.  No sore spots - no hot spots. I have had no trouble with hot spots - sometimes let a little air out or add a little as it suits me.  Not much air needed.

Several places sell them.  Around $150 or less delivered - believe I read somewhere here that some were paying around $129 now.  Bought mine about 4 years ago.  Read the Air Hawk company made seats for folks in wheelchairs originally - comfort and elimination of sore spots was the primary reason for its invention.  Then somebody figured they would try it on a motorcycle.......

Here is a link to a website with pics of the seat inside and out (it has a cloth cover):

http://www.cyclesaddles.com/home/Accessories/Airhawk_styles.htm
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 02:06:03 AM »

Shootpool welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

might be an idea if you sign up to the new members thread and say hi

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 08:05:11 PM »

About five years ago I bought my wife a Pro Pad and she was reasonably satisfied with it. We just got back from a 1250 mile trip and the pad is starting to deteriorate. I didn't know what was happening at first. There was something on the seat with the consistency of donut glaze and smattering of elastic booger-like objects. The microfiber rag took both offending materials off.
 The Air Hawk looks to be the way to go. Thanks for the information.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007, 12:32:54 PM »

Before my trip to Gatlinburg I got an Air Hawk.
I got it for the interim until I can afford to fly to CA and have a Corbin built to order. Although after dealing with Jim 2 weeks ago the Corbin may be on hold ;D

Under 2-3 hours I probably wouldn't use it, looks silly.
But for long days it was "more" comfortable. I still had a sore butt, but nothing like riding with just the HD Comfort Stitch seat. Where did they get that name anyway  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

The Comfort Stitch got very hot after a couple of hours, unbearable almost. That was not an issue with the Air hawk, the venting really does work.

I didn't use it on the Dragon, I wanted to be completely "in touch" when riding that and similar roads.

I got the standard size, I think 14 x 18.  My wife tried and although she liked it she said the sides cut into her legs. So I may try the rectangle pad for her.

You do not need to tie it down, it doesn't move, and that is one less step when you stop, to put it away.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.