Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Half helmet  (Read 10802 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Half helmet
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 09:53:29 PM »

Back of the Head Trip. Camera battery dead. Ain't you guys lucky. No more pics of me! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 10:02:12 PM »

your right can't see difference from "novelty" helmet!  so no melon head! john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 10:07:25 PM »

your right can't see difference from "novelty" helmet!  so no melon head! john

My old helmet's padding is shot, so it sits further down. This one fits snugly and has much better padding, besides the better shell. Not much different in looks. It sits just a little higher. I can live with this. Thanks for forcing the issue Terry. You've made Binx happier about what we were wearing, with your graphic description of my splattered brain. ::) Let's see if it holds up to the Hoist 100 MPH Test! They didn't do that one for DOT! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 11:18:47 AM »

I told you I'd let you know how I like it. Well I like it! It rides up in the wind much less than my old helmet ever did. It's light and comfortable too. And it looks fine. So, it seems to be the best way for me to go on this. Ordering a second one today. I just hope I don't run into any 7 lb. spears being chucked at my head! ;) Hoist! 8)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »

I told you I'd let you know how I like it. Well I like it! It rides up in the wind much less than my old helmet ever did. It's light and comfortable too. And it looks fine. So, it seems to be the best way for me to go on this. Ordering a second one today. I just hope I don't run into any 7 lb. spears being chucked at my head! ;) Hoist! 8)
Howie,
I hate when those spears things shoot for your head! How much difference in size/wt in your helmet vs DOT version? john
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 07:33:35 PM »

Howie,
I hate when those spears things shoot for your head! How much difference in size/wt in your helmet vs DOT version? john

Hey John, the DOT one required 3/4" of additional padding to pass. So that's 1-1/2" wider overall, still giving it that "melonhead" look, to me. I don't think it would be much heavier than the non-DOT one. The non-DOT one looks as minimal as my "toy" helmet, but supposedly proves excellent impact protection. I hope I never have to find out anyway! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 07:21:25 PM »

Well, these guys were great to deal with. They said 4 weeks and I got the second one today. 3 weeks. Good company. Good helmets. Good customer service. Highly recommended! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 10:15:05 PM »

Well, these guys were great to deal with. They said 4 weeks and I got the second one today. 3 weeks. Good company. Good helmets. Good customer service. Highly recommended! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
Howie,
glad these guys worked out and you like helmet, feel bad that the NEXL people were idiots. I do kinda like that helmet you got, I wonder if the black carbon fiber is close to the Black Crimson? john

Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 09:33:36 AM »

Howie,
glad these guys worked out and you like helmet, feel bad that the NEXL people were idiots. I do kinda like that helmet you got, I wonder if the black carbon fiber is close to the Black Crimson? john

Not sure about the CF look helmets John. I went with the Flat Black ones. They don't have that CF look to them. It's a smooth black matte finish. We're very happy with them. Hoist! 8)

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 07:31:03 PM »

I ordered the DOT version the other day and was given a 6-week delivery estimate, hopefully it will still be small enough to remedy my difficulty of half helmets exhibiting parachute like characteristics while strapped to my head.

Gregg

REGGAB

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 11:35:25 PM »

I see they make one in green.  Gotta have it.  In addition to my Watermelon, I also have a Watermelon sized head.  They may have to make one bigger than their Large for me.  So I expect a huge wait time.  I'll call 'em on Monday.

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 12:13:54 AM »

Super Seer makes a darn good half helmet. They mainly make helmets for motor officers but they have civilian models also. You can order with your Harley-Davidson paint code and they get a good match......

http://www.superseer.com/helmets_touring_custom.asp

LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

RDJ ROADKING

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 11:25:23 PM »

Got me a black candy from carbon fiber got it on ebay they have a site there took about 12 day's to get it i wear it all the time its the dot approved 1 u get 3 different liners with it @ different sizes they will replace the liners free if needed it is also very lite and mine does'nt pull when im riding...i have a se windsheild on the roadking..................

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 10:02:22 AM »

Super Seer makes a darn good half helmet. They mainly make helmets for motor officers but they have civilian models also. You can order with your Harley-Davidson paint code and they get a good match......

http://www.superseer.com/helmets_touring_custom.asp

I checked out the site and they do look excellent.  Lots of options, too.  The liners look pretty thick, though. 

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

hdchic07

• '07 Dyna Street Bob
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 11:33:57 AM »

And here I thought it was just me with the HD 1/2 helmet and the wind.  No, I don't have a windshield, and in IL there is no helmet law (so I don't wear one...drop it), but on the occassion that I go to MO, or other states where it is required, I want something better. 

Thanx for the info Hoist!
If you don't take that risk, how will you ever know?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 21 queries.