Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do you recommend to patch HD Goretex trousers  (Read 1537 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
What do you recommend to patch HD Goretex trousers
« on: July 01, 2007, 06:29:23 PM »

Whe I went down the other week I put a hole in the knee of my HD goretex trousers, does anyone do patches, or know how to patch :nixweiss:?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: What do you recommend to patch HD Goretex trousers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:24:25 AM »

I have patched Gore-Tex for backpacking.   Used these Gore-Tex patches from Campmor:

Campmor (800-226-7667) - $9.50, a Gore-Tex fabric repair kit includes four easy-to-use patches (two circular and two rectangular) that are large enough to mend quarter-size punctures or 3-inch rips in fabric.

A link to another company that sells them:  http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/0251.html

From my experience, the patches will peel off in time (depends on wear/washings) but it beats buying new gear.

Good luck.

(Duck tape also works but gets messy after a while.)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »

I have patched Gore-Tex for backpacking.   Used these Gore-Tex patches from Campmor:

Campmor (800-226-7667) - $9.50, a Gore-Tex fabric repair kit includes four easy-to-use patches (two circular and two rectangular) that are large enough to mend quarter-size punctures or 3-inch rips in fabric.

A link to another company that sells them:  http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/0251.html

From my experience, the patches will peel off in time (depends on wear/washings) but it beats buying new gear.

Good luck.

(Duck tape also works but gets messy after a while.)

Muchos Gracias Amigo :pepper:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 01:31:14 PM »

You are welcome Smiler.

Holes in GoreTex, considering the cost of GoreTex, has brought a tear to my eye.  Great stuff - GoreTex.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 09:18:39 AM »

Go to a military surplus store......if you live near a military base, they're everywhere.  I've seen bolts of Goretex material in those places.  Buy a yard, make a patch and sewn in on with carpet thread.  Works good.  If they don't have the Goretex fabric bolts, then I'm sure they have Gortex parkas and/or trousers that a GI pawned or the owner bought at a DRMO lot auction.  Find a raggedy pair that is cheap, cut out what you need and proceed as indicated above.  The patch will look great............shows you use your stuff!

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 09:05:17 PM »

The GORTEX is the waterproof breathable membrane that is bonded/sewn to the pants. Repair the pants first (sew/bond or whatever, just make patch at least one inch larger than the tear, in all directions, do this on the inside or outside of the pants. Then put a Goretex patch over the repair patch, once again at least one inch larger all around than the material patch, this must be on the inside of the pants. This is experience talking here, No leak, no problem been a couple years now. Got patch kit from Bass Pro Shop.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »

Great ideas guys thanks

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 21 queries.