Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is anybody using the Nolan N-102 N-Com helmts with the intercom and bluetooth?  (Read 4103 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Would like to get some first hand review of the Nolan N-102 Ncom helmets with the intercom and bluetooth.  If you have this set up, I'd appreciate it if you'd give your opnion of how well it works.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic

Would like to get some first hand review of the Nolan N-102 Ncom helmets with the intercom and bluetooth.  If you have this set up, I'd appreciate it if you'd give your opnion of how well it works.
i know 2 Lane is running the helmet with bluetooth, i have called hima  few times and you couldnt tell he was on the bike at all...
as for the intercom, no idea

check out the helmet shop in daytona beach

http://www.helmetshop.com/items.asp?Cc=NCOM&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Sure JC, give a call anytime.  Be glad to tell you my experiences with the lid.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

It works too well.  2ln had it in Cripple, last year.  Led a bunch of us all over the damn place while he was yapping on the cell phone!!!   :huepfenjump3: :D :huepfenlol2:
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

It works too well.  2ln had it in Cripple, last year.  Led a bunch of us all over the damn place while he was yapping on the cell phone!!!   :huepfenjump3: :D :huepfenlol2:

It was brand new then.  Guys have to play with new toys!

All kidding aside it does work pretty well.  It's actually not at all fancy or over done.  Just very effective to its purpose.

It'll make a bluetooth connection to a phone or other bluetooth device (including another N-Com equipped helmet).  It and my Razr phone get along fine. 

Aside from the bluetooth connectivity it has two wired connection as well.  One for a wired intercom to a passenger wearing the same lid.  The other is an aux in for use with any other audio source.  The third line coming out of the lid is the power connector for the battery charger.

It's battery will stay up for normal use all day.  It is another charger to take on road trips.  But when you're already hauling one for the camera battery and the cell phone and sometimes the notebook PC what's one more.

You can hear the calls inside the lid just fine.  You will need to fully close the face shield when you receive a call.  Too much noise otherwise.  I've never had anyone guess I was on the bike when taking a call while riding. 

Voice command functions of your phone work through it ok as well.  It's a one button tap to answer or initiate a call.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

One for a wired intercom to a passenger wearing the same lid. 

Must be a tight fit!!!!!!
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3

Two heads are better than one I guess :2vrolijk_21:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR

Can this bluetooth be added to a Nolan N-102 N-Com helmet? I've got a really early one, mine just has a flip off cover where the connections would go, I think. Where would you get the device?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Definitely.  But it does let you see where you've been if you get her shoe-horned in there the right direction!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Can this bluetooth be added to a Nolan N-102 N-Com helmet? I've got a really early one, mine just has a flip off cover where the connections would go, I think. Where would you get the device?

MJ, the break the other parts down in to various kits.  You'd need two of them.  One would be the bluetooth module itself.  It installs where that cover is now.  It would install on to the other kit you'd need.  That is the "basic" audio kit.  It is the dual speakers and battery you'd need to snap inside the helmet.

The kit is easy enough to install.  I think I remember screwing with it for 20 minutes or so. 

I picked mine up at a shop in London a long time before they were released here in the states.  The electronics came here a lot later then the lids did.  They are here now though.  Just did a quick google search and found this place handling the accessories:

www.helmetshop.com

A little more effort might find someone cheaper.  I paid less than this place's costs when I got mine.  But it's at least a place to start.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Sure JC, give a call anytime.  Be glad to tell you my experiences with the lid.

I'm in southern Calif. on business for a few days.  However, I did have an opportunity to see/demonstrate the system at a cycle store.  I was more interested in the rider/passenger intercom as well as rider to another rider.  It all seems to work well.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR

Thanks for the info Don, just ordered the Nolan Bluetooth and the head stuff for the Nolan helmet. I am presently trying the Iphone and the tech said it will work great for phone use but since it is not stereo the sound of Itunes on the Iphone  using the bluetooth will not be too good. I am getting it mainly for the phone anyway. (Oh and they don't have a chrome model)  :-\

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

I'm in southern Calif. on business for a few days.  However, I did have an opportunity to see/demonstrate the system at a cycle store.  I was more interested in the rider/passenger intercom as well as rider to another rider.  It all seems to work well.

Rider to rider as a wireless intercom isn't what it's designed for JC.  Two of the units would pair with one another.  But it's still just a bluetooth connection.  So no satisfactory range. 

Rider to passenger intercom would be cheaper (and not use nearly as much battery life) with the wired connection between the two.  Second lid wouldn't even need the bluetooth module so you'd save some money too.  Bluetooth to bluetooth would work.  But the module will only pair to one device.  So if one helmet is paired to another you couldn't pair to a phone at the same time.

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.