Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HJC AC-12 Carbon  (Read 1911 times)

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
HJC AC-12 Carbon
« on: October 25, 2007, 05:42:37 PM »

picked up one of these full face helmets prior to our trip from Connecticut to Georgia and then Daytona and back to Connecticut.  Great helmet only weighs 3 lbs and it is basically the same as the HD FXRG helmet.  I would say though that with the flhtcuse2 there is a considerable amount of buffeting behind the windshield with a full face.  It vibrated my head so bad I thought something was wrong with the bike and was considering stopping until I put my head completely behind the windshield and the buffeting went away.  Would probably work on a bike without the fairing windshield combination.
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

dastark

Re: HJC AC-12 Carbon
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »

I have the limited prod. FXRG and it nice. I agree,very light weight. But full face is still not my favorite choice.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 03:48:28 PM »

picked up one of these full face helmets prior to our trip from Connecticut to Georgia and then Daytona and back to Connecticut.  Great helmet only weighs 3 lbs and it is basically the same as the HD FXRG helmet.  I would say though that with the flhtcuse2 there is a considerable amount of buffeting behind the windshield with a full face.  It vibrated my head so bad I thought something was wrong with the bike and was considering stopping until I put my head completely behind the windshield and the buffeting went away.  Would probably work on a bike without the fairing windshield combination.

Those member who have tried the clearveiw shields windshield, I wonder if this stops some of buffeting jdctss is talking about?   

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »

I had the EXACT same problem on my FLHTCUSE2,,,,,,,, until I took off the terrible stock windshield and put on the Clearview. The stock 9" windshield, with the curl-over at the top, dumped all of that disturbed air right about eye-level, causing a terrible problem with buffetting. The 12" Clearview, with the euro-lip, pushed the bubble up to where it just barely touches the top of the helmet. The difference was astounding. That stock windshield, may look cool, but is useless as far as I'm concerned.

:indian_chief:

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »

The 6.5" Clearview with the recurve I have has no appreciable buffeting below 90.

I use a Shoei RF 1000 full face and the spoiler on the back of the helmet also really helps with it's stability
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

Anyone know who makes the 'lightest' full-face helmet?  :nixweiss:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »

I have the HJC Flip up helmet with Clearview 9.5" with curve lip - works great - wind hits above the visor - also FWIW, I am 6'1.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.