Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Nolan Helmet or Shoei Helmet ???  (Read 15365 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Nolan Helmet or Shoei Helmet ???
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 11:05:12 PM »

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought if your helmet had the bluetooth module and your passenger's also had it, that you could communicate via the bluetooth connection with your passenger in addition to using your phone via a bluetooth connection??

The Bluetooth module will pair to one device.  So it could pair to another NCom Bluetooth module or a phone or a GPS unit (or whatever).  But only one device at a time.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 11:05:28 PM »

I'm new at this, Are you stating that I can use my Cell Phone with Blue Tooth capability to work the 2 Nolan Helmets ?

Is there a Kit that you buy and install into the Nolan Helmets or Can you just buy 2 Nolan Helmets with this feature already in place?

How does this all work ? The short simple version would be great....

Thanks....

Here are some links that kind of helped me to sort it all out.........  
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203037

This link shows how the bluetooth works rider to passenger, wireless intercom and bike to bike.  You can also use your bluetooth mobile but not at the same time that you're on the intercom system (see hd-dude's post above).  For the wireless intercom rider to passenger or rider to rider, all parties involved need to have the bluetooth kit, according to the Nolan rep.

http://ncom.nolan.it/system/ncom_intercom_bluetooth_eng.htm

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148324

http://www.thebonners.net/gbonner/

http://ncom.nolan.it/faq/Index_ENG.htm

I hope that you find these links helpful.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:25 PM »

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought if your helmet had the bluetooth module and your passenger's also had it, that you could communicate via the bluetooth connection with your passenger in addition to using your phone via a bluetooth connection??

You can, but not both at the same time.  If you're using wireless intercom with your passenger and your phone rings, you have to disconnect from the intercom to take the call.......as it was explained to me by the Nolan rep.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with the guy and he was very helpful.

He said that the two guys he always ride with, they just use the bluetooth phone to communicate rather than the intercom because they generally don't ride that close together (he said they're good up to about 60').

I can see where this helmet with these features will come in real handy on our group rides. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:12:33 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 07:09:46 PM »

Thanks guys for all this good info on the Nolan Helmets & Communicating with them... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I was speaking to a BMW Dealer today which carries the Nolan Line...He stated that when riding the Road King the static and noise from the bike engine and Rhineharts Dual Exhaust will make the intercom non functionally.   :nixweiss:

He basically told me not to waste my money on buying    >:( >:( >:(

The Basic kit
This is the standard equipment with the N-Com system, and is easy to install on the inside of your Nolan N-102 N-Com ready helmet. This is necessary to start ANY N-Com setup

or

The Intercom BoxThe Intercom Box allows wired communication between rider and passenger when installed in the rider's helmet.

I am sure that there are Harley Roadking owner on this website that have used this setup....I want to just be able to talk to my passenger while riding not answer the phone or listen to music....I Would love to hear there opinion on noise & static going threw the intercom system.......

Again Thanks for all your help....
2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 11:19:02 PM »

I'll let you know shortly, how the bluetooth intercom works on a loud Harley.  Somebody else can let you know about the other systems (and there are several) that are available out there.  Chatterbox is one of the big ones that's available.

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 11:39:53 PM »

Thanks guys for all this good info on the Nolan Helmets & Communicating with them... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I was speaking to a BMW Dealer today which carries the Nolan Line...He stated that when riding the Road King the static and noise from the bike engine and Rhineharts Dual Exhaust will make the intercom non functionally.   :nixweiss:

He basically told me not to waste my money on buying    >:( >:( >:(

The Basic kit
This is the standard equipment with the N-Com system, and is easy to install on the inside of your Nolan N-102 N-Com ready helmet. This is necessary to start ANY N-Com setup

or

The Intercom BoxThe Intercom Box allows wired communication between rider and passenger when installed in the rider's helmet.

I am sure that there are Harley Roadking owner on this website that have used this setup....I want to just be able to talk to my passenger while riding not answer the phone or listen to music....I Would love to hear there opinion on noise & static going threw the intercom system.......

Again Thanks for all your help....

Have had no static or interference issues from the bike.  No emissions from the bike have impacted the wireless com.  The bike isn't hardwired to any of the helmet com so nothing from direct connection either.  Ambient noise will just depend on how loud your pipes are.

For auxiliary hardware you'll need the "basic kit" in each helmet no matter what you do.  That's just the speaker and mic package that includes the various auxiliary wired connection points and battery charger connection. 

If you want more than just wired inputs from things like a CD player or GPS device you'll need either the Bluetooth module or the intercom kit.  The intercom kit is a volume control and interface module that attaches where the bluetooth module would otherwise.  It also includes the audio cable to go from helmet to helmet.  You'd need an intercom kit for each helmet.

The alternative would be one intercom kit and one Bluetooth kit if you wanted Bluetooth connectivity in one of the lids.  You could also do Bluetooth modules in each lid.  The Bluetooth module gives the volume and other interface controls for all functions that the intercom module would for only the intercom function.

Take a look here to see some of it visually:  http://ncom.nolan.it/module/Index_ENG.htm

Prices of $100 for the basic kit, $250 for a bluetooth module and $125 for an intercom kit are currently shown at this US vendor:  http://www.helmetshop.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=01-NCOM-11&Tp=

It was a quick look that found that vendor.  I've seen the stuff offered cheaper before.  It'd pay to shop a bit.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 08:26:57 AM »

Has anyone looked inter Blueant interphone . My wife and I use them with full face helmets. They work to 500 feet on intercom. and you can switch to Phone or Zumo when you need to change. So far the only draw back is with intercome on they only last five hours. But goo all day with Zumo or cell phone. Very simple hook up to helmets. We love them Never talked to my wife SO much in my life.  E- bay now sells them for 110. bucks del. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »

Has anyone looked inter Blueant interphone . My wife and I use them with full face helmets. They work to 500 feet on intercom. and you can switch to Phone or Zumo when you need to change. So far the only draw back is with intercome on they only last five hours. But goo all day with Zumo or cell phone. Very simple hook up to helmets. We love them Never talked to my wife SO much in my life.  E- bay now sells them for 110. bucks del. Billy

So am I correct in assuming that they're not built into the helmet like Nolan?  Do you have photos that you can post?

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.