Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shoei Multitec and headset ?  (Read 4954 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Shoei Multitec and headset ?
« on: November 10, 2007, 10:45:10 AM »

Went to the International MC show last nite. Tried on lots of flip front helmets. My favorite for feel and fit was the Shoei Multitec. The seller was a honda dealer who said the helmet was a perfect candidate for a J&M headset and showed me the ear pockets where the speakers would fit. So, this AM I called another local Honda shop who is the nearest J&M dealer and they said they wouldn't do a headset in a Multitec due to problems with previous installs. Bummer. Can't call J&M as it's Saturday, so my question for ya'll is has anyone here put anykind of headset in a Shoei multitec?  I've been wearing a Nolan X1002 for about 14 months but have become disenchanted with it due to a couple if issues. Hard to open and close and the vents don't stay open, etc.

Thanks, Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Shoei Multitec and headset ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:30:01 AM »

Don't know about the shoei but based on your previous problems, you might want to look at the Nolan N102.  You can open this helmet with one hand (either hand, since it's in the middle) with large gloves on.  They've also improved the face shield articulation.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 02:49:30 PM »

The Shoei had several features that I realy liked. One biggie was I could wear my Oakleys. On the Nolan, I had to wear a pair with straight ear pieces. The other one I liked was how easy the shield is to change. I never really figured out how to easily change the shield on the Nolan. I just really hope I can get the headset installed inthe Shoei. I took a good look at my Nolan, which has a factory J&M headset installed, and it looks like they use a hole saw to make a little extra room for the ear piece. I'll know more tomorrow when I call J&M. If it won't work, I'll return the Shoei. I didn't see any Nolan Helmets at the show, or I would have tried one on.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »

Update:  Over the weekend I sent an e-mail to J&M.  The owner John Lazzaroni, replied on Sunday no less, saying they don't do the installs at thier location, but that Sierra electronics does, and gave me their info. ww.sierraelectronics.com  Called them this AM and no problem. Just ship it to them and they will complete the same day and ship back. They also sell Shoei's with J&M installed. Wished I'd have know that before, but I paid $60 bucks less than their price, but now I 'll lose some of that with shipping. Planning to leave for a Big Bend trip on the 30th, so hopefully I'll have it back by them.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:51:30 AM »

Sierraelectronics.com 

http://www.sierraelectronics.com/

This website doesn't mention anything about bike comms, do I have the correct link?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »

Oops, my bad. Got in a hurry. Try this: www.sierra-mc.com

Robert

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 03:47:10 PM »

Oops, my bad. Got in a hurry. Try this: www.sierra-mc.com

That's better, thanks
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46:24 PM »

Talk about fast service.  I mailed the helmet to Sierra on Monday using 2nd air. They called me today for the CC # and said it would be done today and shipped out.  Tracking # shows it to be back here Monday.  That's a 7 day turnaround.  Not bad.  :2vrolijk_21:

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 09:35:35 PM »

I traded the NOLANs for the MultiTec at Bikeweek in march for my wife & myself. The multi-tec is much quieter. The lens seals better and you can change the shield with your eyes closed, the NOLAN takes two men and a small handed boy to change shields and when you try to ride with the shield open that green flip down thing (that does no good because it is not dark enough) is right in your line of vision. I have Chatterbox speakers in mine, very easy install, cheek pieces are removeable (and come in different thickness's to match whatever size jaws you have). Having the cheek pieces out of the way made speaker install a breeze. The Helmet Shop in Daytona is the cheapest I could find for either the Shoei or the Nolan and will ship them to you with any speakers you want pre-installed (install is free to). Give them a call. Just the shield changing alone would keep me from going back to the NOLAN EVER. If you ask they will also swap the clear shield that comes with the SHOEI for the same thing with the PIN-LOK buttons already installed for no extra charge. This makes it easy to use anti-fog insert in spring, fall and winter but remove in summer.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.