Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Latest road rage video  (Read 6809 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Latest road rage video
« on: June 22, 2017, 08:43:21 AM »

???
Seems that this biker got cut off and thus decided to kick the side of the offending drivers car.  This prompted a chain reaction ya gotta see to believe.

He was damn lucky to keep the bike upright and (escape) the scene.............stay tuned for updates. :-\

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Newhall-road-rage-motorcycle-multi-car-crash-430061183.html

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Latest road rage video
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »

Never a good idea to fight with a vehicle 3-4 times your size no matter the circumstances.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »

Holly Crap...
Bill

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »

Never a good idea to fight with a vehicle 3-4 times your size no matter the circumstances.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, in this case.....wasn't a good idea for the car to pick a fight with the motorcycle.  :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »

When I start to feel the anger rise from the stupidity of some drivers and I want to give them a look or "what the heck" hand gesture (no, not the proverbial finger wave...), I feel a tap on my shoulder (whether Vickie is there or not) reminding me to remain calm and let it go.  You never know the exact attitude of the other driver and what they may or may not be carrying/packing OR if they choose to use their vehicle as the weapon as in this case.
Karma caught up with the cage driver (and wrong place/wrong time for the Avalanche driver) but it could have gone 180 against the rider with them skating pavement.... :nixweiss: 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:00:23 PM by Haird »

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 11:23:59 AM »

The motorcycle rider is a coward. What a rat, he took off from the scene and the accident that he created. I hope karma gets him in the next curve.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 11:35:42 AM »

The motorcycle rider is a coward. What a rat, he took off from the scene and the accident that he created. I hope karma gets him in the next curve.

We don't know what or who "started" the incident.  Something happened before what we see to precipitate the rider kicking the car.  Kicking the car is a dumass thing to do no matter what though.  People shouldn't fight with bears and bikes shouldn't fight with cars.

The rest is a no brainer though.  The accident was obvious.  The rider was a chickenchit.  Left the the scene worrying about his own ass when he knew someone else's might be jeopardy.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 11:47:48 AM »

When I start to feel the anger rise from the stupidity of some drivers and I want to give them a look or "what the heck" hand gesture (no, not the proverbial finger wave...), I feel a tap on my shoulder (whether Vickie is there or not) reminding me to remain calm and let it go.  You never know the exact attitude of the other driver and what they may or may not be carrying/packing OR if they choose to use their vehicle as the weapon as in this case.
Karma caught up with the cage driver (and wrong place/wrong time got the Avalanche  Caddy EXT driver) but it could have gone 180 against the rider with them skating pavement.... :nixweiss: 
Fixed that for ya  ;D Couldn't resist  :huepfenjump3:. Just sold the last of our 3 Avalanches the other night. I can tell the difference between one of those and an EXT from a long way off. lol

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »

Person that posted the video reported that there were some issues before it went this far. That's why they started the video. I'm sure that rider was about crapping his pants when that car swerved into him and then hit the wall in front of him. Only he knows what was going through his mind at the the time.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:59:28 AM by OBB »

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 12:57:32 PM »

Fixed that for ya  ;D Couldn't resist  :huepfenjump3:. Just sold the last of our 3 Avalanches the other night. I can tell the difference between one of those and an EXT from a long way off. lol

Dang it!  I don't like missing details like that and yep, you are correct.  I re-watched and caught the Cadillac emblem but missed it the first time.  I'm allowed one misstake mistayke mystake error a day.... :huepfenlol2:

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 03:26:35 PM »

Does not matter what happened before. He made the choice to create an accident and then he took of like a rat. I hope they catch him and that he gets maximum penalty under the law for this. 

Person that posted the video reported that there were some issues before it went this far. That's why they started the video. I'm sure that rider was about crapping his pants when that car swerved into him and then hit the wall in front of him. Only he knows what was going through his mind at the the time.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 04:25:43 PM »

That's a stellar example of the type of situation to not get into...

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »

If someone tries to cut you off, you LET them in. Then, when the opportunity SAFELY presents itself, you go AROUND him.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 06:34:48 PM »

8)
Given weight distribution and where it mostly is,  can make a car understeer or oversteer.  This car driver that tried to wipe out the biker,  found out the hard way that (front wheel drive) and a quick jerk of the steering wheel can show ya what oversteer is all about.  He deserved what he got,  but not the truck driver that caught up in it and got overturned as a result. :-\

Dennis97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 06:41:10 PM »

The biker shouldn't have kicked the car and just let it go. That is no excuse for the car driver trying to kill him which is what he was trying to do. The car driver caused the accident with his reaction to a reaction.
2020 CVO Tri Glide
2011 CVO Street Glide
2011 Road King
1997 Heritage Softail Springer

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »

Love how they are looking for the rider and dealing less with the driver tried to smash him. California logic.

I hate this state....

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 07:39:44 PM »

that happend to me when i was young and dumb, hurts like hell too...and the police made me pay to fix there damn car, good to know a bike can take a hit like that and you can ride it out
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 08:11:12 PM »

The car driver caused the accident with his reaction to a reaction.

i respectfully disagree.  the initial 'incident' most likely stemmed from the car driver cutting off the biker (as per witness).  the guy probably didn't see him, happens all the time.  the guy on the bike should have just backed off and let the guy go on about his business.  how many times have you heard a biker mention that he felt bad because he accidentally cut someone off?  the biker reacted badly.  if he had just let it go, the guy in the caddy would have had to make a trip to the er.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »

Nope. Not at all. Rider caused the accident and fled the scene. Mandatory jail time. He better hope nobody in the car got hurt or killed.

The biker shouldn't have kicked the car and just let it go. That is no excuse for the car driver trying to kill him which is what he was trying to do. The car driver caused the accident with his reaction to a reaction.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 06:21:36 AM »

Nope. Not at all. Rider caused the accident and fled the scene. Mandatory jail time. He better hope nobody in the car got hurt or killed.

:-\ I believe Dennis 97 has nailed it as to what went down.  When driving,  it is how you react to a situation that determines how insurance comes into play.  e.g. you're going down the road and a deer jumps out of the ditch in front of you.  If you go ahead and smash into the deer and bend the car up,  you're much better off as to how insurance will cover it than if you (react) and jerk the wheel and end up smashing into a tree to avoid the deer. :drink:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »

Guy driving the car is a moron, as evidenced by his reaction.  The biker didn't kick his door because he thought his door looked like it needed a kick, there was a reason.  But the the driver's reaction after that was idiotic. Rode rage moron.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 08:18:14 AM »

since we cannot see what happened before the video started.....

what i see is the biker chose to come up the left side of the car and kick it.
the car swerves before he can get his foot back to the bike.
was that swerve intentional? or a bad reaction to the kick?

the start of this chain reaction was a kick. had the biker not done that then this accident  would not have happened.

maybe the car would have still tried to take him out in another mile ( dont know what was going on before this )

but in my opinion this was all caused by a biker kicking a car
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »

Nothing showing what caused/provoked the door kick.  Without that info, we are all speculating.  My speculation is the driver did "something" and the biker reacted - badly.  Still think the driver is a moron to have caused all that from a kick on the door.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »

Biker is the he moron. He kicked the door. He started the whole chain of accident events.
That was intentional hence he is a moron. We don't know why the driver reacted the way he / she did so untill we know it's hard to pass judgement.

Nothing showing what caused/provoked the door kick.  Without that info, we are all speculating.  My speculation is the driver did "something" and the biker reacted - badly.  Still think the driver is a moron to have caused all that from a kick on the door.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 06:02:58 PM »

Biker is the he moron. He kicked the door. He started the whole chain of accident events.
That was intentional hence he is a moron. We don't know why the driver reacted the way he / she did so untill we know it's hard to pass judgement.

The initial reaction of the driver of the car is to swerve INTO to bike.  Aggressive move, the kick from the biker was dumb, the move by the driver could have killed the biker and may give a hint of what had happened before the kick.  Still no idea why the biker kicked the door, not shown here.  There was a reason for that kick.  We disagree, fine by me.  Driver is the moron. 

Have had cage drivers - for no reason at all - take an aggressive move to try to run me off the road.  Not lately, and thankfully, not that frequent.  But it has happened and all I was doing was staying in my lane while they intentionally tried to swerve into me, running me onto the should or actually off the road.  Not funny, but from the big grin on one of the $%#&* faces, you would have figured he found it funny.  So I have a prejudiced opinion here. No excuse for a car to try to hit anything intentionally, and if the biker had been killed, could have been manslaughter.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »

The initial reaction of the driver of the car is to swerve INTO to bike.  Aggressive move, the kick from the biker was dumb, the move by the driver could have killed the biker and may give a hint of what had happened before the kick.  Still no idea why the biker kicked the door, not shown here.  There was a reason for that kick.  We disagree, fine by me.  Driver is the moron. 

Have had cage drivers - for no reason at all - take an aggressive move to try to run me off the road.  Not lately, and thankfully, not that frequent.  But it has happened and all I was doing was staying in my lane while they intentionally tried to swerve into me, running me onto the should or actually off the road.  Not funny, but from the big grin on one of the $%#&* faces, you would have figured he found it funny.  So I have a prejudiced opinion here. No excuse for a car to try to hit anything intentionally, and if the biker had been killed, could have been manslaughter.

The predicate act may not even matter that much.  If I say a bad word to someone and that someone responds physically it so some form of assault or worse (depending on the damage done).  Words do not beget a physical response.  It would seem, at least to my layman's perspective, that a boot (regardless of the predicate act that led to it) on a fender would not beget 3500 pounds of car at highway velocity running your ass over or off the road either. 

Whomever was "wrong" or instigated is irrelevant.  If I say someone (for example) moderates like they ride a Honda they don't get to strike me.  If I put a boot on your fender they don't get to run my ass over.

Granted.  I should be smarter than to put a boot on the fender.  There are still thresholds though.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 06:27:42 PM »

The predicate act may not even matter that much.  If I say a bad word to someone and that someone responds physically it so some form of assault or worse (depending on the damage done).  Words do not beget a physical response.  It would seem, at least to my layman's perspective, that a boot (regardless of the predicate act that led to it) on a fender would not beget 3500 pounds of car at highway velocity running your ass over or off the road either. 

Whomever was "wrong" or instigated is irrelevant.  If I say someone (for example) moderates like they ride a Honda they don't get to strike me.  If I put a boot on your fender they don't get to run my ass over.

Granted.  I should be smarter than to put a boot on the fender.  There are still thresholds though.

Glad you didn't say that someone moderates like they ride a Vespa with training wheels & a little rubber horn on the handlebars. That would have been...harsh.  Vehicular homicide is a thing.  Bopping a car into a bike is a thing.  Kicking a car from a bike is a thing, too.  The bike bopping by the car, in the scheme of things, is worse.  Watching that moron car driver oversteer, over react & slam brakes then hit the wall & then flip a truck - have seen driving like this, from the same perspective as the camera.  Beyond bad driving.  Did not see much smart in that video.  Biker had some luck, no doubt.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »

Glad you didn't say that someone moderates like they ride a Vespa with training wheels & a little rubber horn on the handlebars. That would have been...harsh.  Vehicular homicide is a thing.  Bopping a car into a bike is a thing.  Kicking a car from a bike is a thing, too.  The bike bopping by the car, in the scheme of things, is worse.  Watching that moron car driver oversteer, over react & slam brakes then hit the wall & then flip a truck - have seen driving like this, from the same perspective as the camera.  Beyond bad driving.  Did not see much smart in that video.  Biker had some luck, no doubt.

The Travel Gods (who are a thing) should kick both their asses.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 07:10:04 PM »

I agree with naitram in that we don't see what happened before the video and his other points are important too.
From what I have read in other articles the person who took the video claimed the car driver cut off the bike when changing lanes.
Who knows why that happened? Whether it was a deliberate act or just car driver stupidity and distraction with no intent to run over a biker. So we have one violation with attempted homicide at worst if motive could be found or proven, then at least it would be an improper lane change or maybe reckless driving depending on state laws.
Then the next act of biker striking car is a deliberate criminal act of vandalism and could be considered the cause of everything that happened afterwards such as injuries and property damage to all vehicles involved.
Again the act of the car moving towards the biker after the kick could have been a deliberate act of payback to the biker but without a confession that could be hard to prove since in many instances a car driver will look at a cause of concern and it's natural to "steer where you look" so if you were in a car and felt or heard a loud bang on one side of your car would you turn and look at it? Odds are yes. This shows up best on cases where someone runs off the road and into the next utility pole or tree, they looked at a tree and drove to it....It is also why they teach bikers who see a pothole or muffler or another obstruction in the roadway, look for an escape route and don't fixate on the object or you will run over it.
I think of the old saying "two wrongs don't make a right" when it comes to chain reaction events like this and wonder if anyone in the chain could have broken the chain of events and deescalated the situation......

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 07:12:26 PM »

The Travel Gods (who are a thing) should kick both their asses.

^^^^^^This!

Sometimes it is better to take the high road and let the a$$hat cager continue on its way. Thus, letting karma work in your favor, eventually (smiting the cage driver lol)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »

this is way an ole hillbilly sees it. two (2) fools just met each other. neither one of those two are very smart. if, I was the judge both would be paying the caddy driver bills for quite a while.both made bad decisions. of, course I am not from ca. and I hear they do things different out there. oh well! 

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »

They sure so. Bassackwards

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 09:08:52 PM »

The law is the law. The rider will be found guilty if identified.  If first time offense probably probation and a few grand out of his pocket. He deserves way more than that!  Felony on his record would be appropriate.

this is way an ole hillbilly sees it. two (2) fools just met each other. neither one of those two are very smart. if, I was the judge both would be paying the caddy driver bills for quite a while.both made bad decisions. of, course I am not from ca. and I hear they do things different out there. oh well!

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »

The law is the law. The rider will be found guilty if identified.  If first time offense probably probation and a few grand out of his pocket. He deserves way more than that!  Felony on his record would be appropriate.
got it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »

Haha. I know. I am off my soap box.
Now back to the originally scheduled programs.

got it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 01:08:47 AM »

every one missed the real crime,,,,operating a cell phone/camera while operating a motor vehicle. so the the man that filmed this whole event and my guess probably what started the deal in the first place between the dumb azz in the car and the bike. all three could have made better decisions. tapping out   :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:11:45 AM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 01:16:42 AM »

every one missed the real crime,,,,operating a cell phone/camera while operating a motor vehicle. so the the man that filmed this whole event and my guess probably what started the deal in the first place between the dumb azz in the car and the bike. all three could have made better decisions. tapping out   :nixweiss:

Listening to the instructions from one person to another at the end of the video I was left with the impression of the driver wasn't doing the filming.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »

:P
If they find the biker and the whole deal ends up in a court trial with a jury, I would recomment that (Road Dad) be excluded as a jury member. ;D

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »

I don't see this pointed out in any of the responses, but read it elsewhere.  The car is 100% at fault as they broke the law crossing into the HOV lane at a point it's a solid line and you're not allowed to enter.  And the motorcycle was there and is allowed there.  I'm not from CA or familiar with HOV laws (Iowa doesn't have them) so I can't say this statement is factually correct, just what I read elsewhere.  Rider is still a jackass for kicking the car.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »

Haha yeah I agree. I might not be open minded in this case  :2vrolijk_21:

:P
If they find the biker and the whole deal ends up in a court trial with a jury, I would recomment that (Road Dad) be excluded as a jury member. ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »

I don't see this pointed out in any of the responses, but read it elsewhere.  The car is 100% at fault as they broke the law crossing into the HOV lane at a point it's a solid line and you're not allowed to enter.  And the motorcycle was there and is allowed there.  I'm not from CA or familiar with HOV laws (Iowa doesn't have them) so I can't say this statement is factually correct, just what I read elsewhere.  Rider is still a jackass for kicking the car.

This is what's been further reported in the news.....the car came across the double yellow line into the car pool lane.  Happens often on the congested Callfironia freeways.  The odd thing.....I'm not sure why this car driver didn't wait until he got to the next express lane entrance as the traffic wasn't bad at the time of this incident. 

I can tell you that this same thing has happened to me...more than once....where a car or truck will come across the double yellow and push me up against the wall.  And then they'll act like I did something to them.  Often they'll just not look in their mirrors or turn their head....they don't check blind spots and look twice for motorcycles.  It's a way of life for motorcyclists in California.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »

The car is 100% at fault <snip>

I'd rather not have that on my tombstone.

While true, it doesn't matter what the laws are, cages will do what they do. The law doesn't protect you at all -its just what they do to the other guy after he does something to you.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 11:10:53 AM »

Have decided (as a viewer of old tv shows on late a night) that the innocent party in this encounter will be the one that Perry Mason defends in CA court.  Considering that, it could be possible that the guilty party (who will admit guilt in a preliminary hearing) was not even driving the car or riding the bike. 

;D

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 12:13:14 PM »

I'd rather not have that on my tombstone.

While true, it doesn't matter what the laws are, cages will do what they do. The law doesn't protect you at all -its just what they do to the other guy after he does something to you.
agreed!! here lies 100% not at fault.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 08:26:58 PM »

This has been an interesting read.  I ride in traffic all the time and have had many instances of cars turning into me over the years. I have learned to let it go. My wife helps me with this since I used to have a really bad temper.  I have (and do sometimes) pull up next to offending cage and 9 out of 10 times they are clearly sorry and did not see me.  Since I spend so much time in traffic I drive very defensively and have really reduced the occurrences of this.  I can tell many times when a driver is using a cell phone and can pick them out long before I get to them now. I avoid them with both the bike and my truck! 

In this case the biker was stupid and make a mistake kicking the car (just isn't worth it). Typically nowadays that will put in trouble with the law due to road rage laws. The cager was very wrong and clearly was trying to steer into the biker. I would guess that would be serious grounds for intent to harm with a deadly weapon at a minimum ( I don't know for sure but do know this has occurred before).  As stated both made mistakes (regardless of what happened before) and caused innocent people to be hurt and a tremendous amount of damage for something that was probably small and would have been forgotten shortly.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2017, 11:46:47 AM »

The biker got lucky. Looks like two stupid azzes caused a great deal of damage to innocent non participants. Wonder if the chickenchit would have stopped if his Mom was in the Caddy. To leave the scene without checking on the crash victims is not only a crime it's something I would not want to explain to God when my time comes to stand in front of him. :soapbox:

MTguns

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 12:39:50 PM »

!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2017, 12:41:37 AM »

8)
Given weight distribution and where it mostly is,  can make a car understeer or oversteer.  This car driver that tried to wipe out the biker,  found out the hard way that (front wheel drive) and a quick jerk of the steering wheel can show ya what oversteer is all about.  He deserved what he got,  but not the truck driver that caught up in it and got overturned as a result. :-\

X2. To bad innocent people had to get caught up in it though
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 21 queries.