Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Sherriff Joe Arpaio in AZ  (Read 5146 times)

SERYDER

Re: Sherriff Joe Arpaio in AZ
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2005, 12:52:27 PM »

Hear ye Hear ye....   Being an officer of the court, and a full time carry kinda guy, over the years, I have come to the decision that   "Every body that has a drivers license, must also carry a weapon, and be ready, trained, and prepared to enforce the laws of the land at all times..."
                                                 AMEN BROTHER !

As I currently reside in the REPUBLIC OF CALIFORNIA, I am not allowed to posess a "permit to carry". (I am a law abideing, Tax paying, non-criminal, US citizen, you understand).  I've recently purchased a couple of properties in maricopa county, and intend to relocate there soon, then you can belive I will be a LAWFULL "carry kinda guy".
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 04:11:41 PM by twolanerider »
04 FLHTCSE Blue
01 FLTRI W/ 95ci SE top end
51 Pan
74 NORTON 850 Commando "HI-RIDER"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2005, 01:48:44 PM »

Hey SERYDER, are you telling me that no one can get a concelled carry pistol permit in the state of Calif.????  Only criminals get to carry concealed?  Wow, guess I'd have to become a 'law-breaker' then.  I'd hate to move down on the 'food-chain'.  Har!  [smiley=rifle.gif]  spyder [smiley=skull.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2005, 06:01:36 PM »

Hey SERYDER, are you telling me that no one can get a concelled carry pistol permit in the state of Calif.????  Only criminals get to carry concealed?  Wow, guess I'd have to become a 'law-breaker' then.  I'd hate to move down on the 'food-chain'.  Har!  [smiley=rifle.gif]  spyder [smiley=skull.gif]

Here's a 2005 dated graphic showing whose who Spyder.

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 09:48:47 AM »

Anyone know which colors have higher rates of offences with guns?

I got a good guess...
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

thatrhinoguy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Fly Fast, Live Slow

• CVO1: '11 RUSE Reo Red / Black Ember
    • CVO2: '09 CUSE Ruby / Typhoon (Sold)
    • CVO3: '05 SEEG Two Tone Candy Cherry (Sold)
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2005, 12:39:47 PM »

In Maryland if a responding officer is of the mind that citizens should not own guns, you could be arrested for felony assault if you pull a gun in self-defense on your own property.

Makes me wonder again.... why do I live in Maryland?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:40:49 PM by thatrhinoguy »
'04 SSR   Ultra Violet
'02 Chevy Duramax Crew Dually

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 01:05:12 PM »

Rhino

Come on down to NC!

thatrhinoguy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Fly Fast, Live Slow

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 01:18:57 PM »

hd20003,

Got too many ties here. But I'm working on untying some. I plan to retire before too long. Then I’ll be out of here.

I thought things would be better with our Republican Gov., they didn’t increase taxes, but the doubled all the fees, and continue to jack up property assessments. The cost of owning and or using any thing here has increased dramatically.  Oh, and just try to get a permit to carry here.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 01:25:47 PM by thatrhinoguy »
'04 SSR   Ultra Violet

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 01:28:46 PM »

This is a perfect place

100 miles to the mountains
150 miles to the beach
Low taxes (if there is such a thing)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 02:22:57 PM »

Low taxes (if there is such a thing)

That's got to be one of those "relative terms."  And the more relatives you've got the longer is your term.......

thatrhinoguy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Fly Fast, Live Slow

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2005, 01:18:01 PM »

Hd2003,

My proximity to the beach / mountains is similar but not the taxes. N.C. or S.C. would be nice, but I had littler latitudes in mind say down around 15°N…....... like in the Caribbean mon.

trg
'04 SSR   Ultra Violet

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2005, 06:14:34 PM »

I am the nicest old biker you ever met whenever I ride through Maricopa county which is damn near everytime I want to get out of California.I mind my P & Q's, obey the rules of the road and even nod or wave at the cops. Maybe a stinkin goat roper would be happy in a tent in the desert in 110 degree weather, but this old Maine boy would dry up and die. So I put my SERK in 6th gear and and put put along at one mile over the posted limit till I get into Cochese (pardon the SP) county.

SEvet

• Junior CVO Member
    • AZ
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2005, 03:48:18 PM »

All I'm going to say is that Joe has always gotten my vote, and always will.   8-)
2015 Stage 4 Road Glide
Coming - 2016 Fatboy
Past rides;
2000 SERG w/SE heads, Race Tuner, V&H ovals
'01 FLHRI, 95"
2009 SERG Silver V&H Power Duals, 2" Fullsac baffles, HB

SERYDER

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 02:40:07 AM »

Just thought I'd mention, if anyone else missed it that SHERIFF JOE was the first to OFFER lodgings for the "FULL TERM OF HER SENTENCE" in his "tent city", to the Los Angeles county Sheriff, for the incarceration of Paris Hilton.
                                             DECLINED
  He has made it mandatory in Maricopa County that you spend your entire sentence incarcerated for alcohol and drug crimes. Yep, Mike Tyson is real nervous. He is potentially going to do allot more time for the 1/8th oz of COKE he was caught with, than the RAPE he was convicted of awhile back.
                                             DAMN
  He was the first "SOUTHWESTERN STATE, COUNTY SHERIFF" to make it mandatory that upon completion of your "ENTIRE" term of incarceration, A legal CITIZEN check will be made. If it is determined after your completion of detention that you are not a citizen or legal resident of these UNITED STATES, you will be turned over immediately to the DHS/INS (thats the boarder patrol JSZ)
 When asked by a national television network news "TALKING HEAD", with the backdrop of an immigration demonstration containing numerous people waving a large number of  Mexican flags for their cameras, about his PROFILEING of MEXICAN LOOKING individuals, his reply was along the lines of -I am not out looking for illegal aliens "BUT"  if you break the law in MARICOPA COUNTY, and come into contact with " MY BOYS", your citizenship will be checked. If you are not legally supposed to be in this country it is MY DUTY as sheriff to turn you over to the proper authorities.

Yep, I gotta Admit... I LOVE THIS GUY !!!
04 FLHTCSE Blue
51 Pan

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2007, 06:55:14 AM »

Sounds to me like, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".  
Fact, in New York City, a few years ago there was a statistic that there were over 40k people killed in crimes involving guns.  During that same period, in the entire country of Japan, there was, get this, 1!
Why, because in Japan, if you commit a crime and a gun is involved, it is mandatory death penalty.  To be carried out within one year, and a maximum of one appeal.
Seems that they are on to something.
Australia, having similar laws, had 12 deaths from guns during that report.
Just had a 14 y/o walk up to a kid in his neighborhood out here,  and shoot him dead over a video game.  The kid that was killed was 12.  They are trying to determine how to try the kid that did the shooting.  It was his fathers gun, that was just kept in an unlocked drawer by the bed.  The father said it wouldn't make sense to have a gun that he couldn't get to if an intruder came in.  Now he whining about the neighbors giving him a hard time.
Life is rough ain't it. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]  

A year or so ago, an English tourist visiting Singapore wa arrested for jumping up and down on car bonnets and he was ordered to be whipped in public.  His family were so outraged that they organised an appeal on morning TV and everyone who rang in said the same, "He shouldn't have done it"

If this Sherrif was to run for government over here he would walk in to 10 Dowwning Street as Prime Minister.  We are as liberal as you guys now and jail means holiday time.

SERYDER

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2007, 02:55:11 AM »

I'm an "OILFIELD BRAT",Went to SINGAPORE AMERICAN SCHOOL,KINGS Road,Class of 77(yep older dude) LEE QUAN YEU never said VANDALISIM IS LEAGAL for foreigners. ALTHOUGH, when the foreign media gets involved the sentences seem to be reduced by a few strokes, PLEASE NOTE- I SAID A FEW... The law breakers still get STROKES, and time @ CHANGI is not as nice as GITMO....
04 FLHTCSE Blue
51 Pan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.