Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Can HD Survive the downturn (Article on MSN.com)  (Read 6538 times)

screaminchickensrule

• Senior CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN CHICKENS RULE

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC ORANGE & BLACK
    • CVO2: 2006 SEUC BLACK & GREY
    • PREMIER AUTO AND CYCLE SALES
Re: Can HD Survive the downturn (Article on MSN.com)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 12:48:26 PM »

Hold on to them dollars. Bury them in the back yard. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

That is why it will get worse!!!
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.  ~Author Unknown

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 12:09:13 AM »

been watching 4 stock closely, garmin, home depot, harley and wells fargo.
wells fargo has the least percentage of bad housing loans of all the finance companies we work with in property preservation side of the business, garmin has sgood overseas sales, home depot as most people seem be fixing up their houses  rather than buying a new one, and of course harley, yes population is getting older however, when it turns more funds will be available to spend.  Just another cycle of up and downs.

Being from Olathe, Ks, I can see why you'd be interested in Garmin. I truly believe that they have the BEST customer  service representatives in any industry. If you ever have the need to call them, they are always knowledgeable and efficient.  They sell a fantastic product and back it up. It is companies like this that are going to succeed in business.

RedBone

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE Copper Canyon
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »

We had a Harley dealer close here in SoCal this week. That means our HOG chapter is disbanded. The reason is "they lost there lease".  Doc

What dealers???

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »

HeHe!!! They can't be doing too bad! I just got my dividend check today for my 1 share! 24 cents, 96 cents for the year!!! I love making them mail me a check worth less than the postage!!! And I never cash em either!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »

H-D survived AMF, nuff said !

B B

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 05:48:20 PM »

H-D survived AMF, nuff said !

B B
some say that AMF's $$ put into R&D was the only reason they're still a viable company.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

some say that AMF's $$ put into R&D was the only reason they're still a viable company.  spyder

Well all that postage on my 24 cent dividend checks has to be KILLING them now!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »

Well all that postage on my 24 cent dividend checks has to be KILLING them now!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist!
Do ya have the stock certificate framed in your 'stable'?   8) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 06:00:21 PM »

Do ya have the stock certificate framed in your 'stable'?   8) har!  spyder

HeHe!!! Yep! Binx got it for my BDay last year! With a lil plaque on it that reads "May your stock soar and your Harley roar"!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 06:12:33 PM »

HeHe!!! Yep! Binx got it for my BDay last year! With a lil plaque on it that reads "May your stock soar and your Harley roar"!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
   :coolblue:  spyder

MontyB

• Amazing! You can actually SEE the laws of physics breaking!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Twilight
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 09:22:20 PM »

A wise man once told me that the job of the press is to sell newspapers.  If the media was in the elevator business, elevators would only
have TWO buttons -

One would say "SOAR" and
the other would say "PLUNGE".

How would that make you feel about taking an elevator ride??

A good perpective to keep in mind.
cheers
"Good news, Marge!  I've learned how to walk naked on stilts!"
Iron Butt Assn #33622
Tennessee Squire

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 01:29:50 AM »

I think I'd offer to trade my elevator stock to Hoist for the HD stock.

When the gas goes back up, all the cagers are going to have to buy bikes.

I believe Spyders right AMF did HD much more good than harm.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 01:32:45 AM »

I've heard this line of crap a 1,000 times and the AMF PR guy that managed to start this urban myth should be in the spin doctor's hall of fame. All the R&D money in the world didn't get people to buy crappy motorcycles that leaked oil like sieves and didn't run for chit AND had lousy paint. Only customer loyalty did that. What AMF's investment in machine tool technology did was give Vaugh Beals and the rest of the buyout team something to begin to build solid motorcycles with AFTER AMF went the way of the rabbit down Alice's hole.

End of sermon

B B
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:34:50 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 01:38:03 AM »

I've heard this line of crap a 1,000 times and the AMF PR guy that managed to start this urban myth should be in the spin doctor's hall of fame. All the R&D money in the world didn't get people to buy crappy motorcycles that leaked oil like sieves and didn't run for chit AND had lousy paint. Only customer loyalty did that. What AMF's investment in machine tool technology did was give Vaugh Beals and the rest of the buyout team something to begin to build solid motorcycles with AFTER AMF went the way of the rabbit down Alice's hole.

End of sermon

B B

The management team was at least smart enough to develop the Evo with Porche (which is what really saved the Co) and sandbag it til they got the Co back from AMF! So there endeth the lesson! (Hub) ;)

Hoist! 8)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 04:46:53 AM »

We had a Harley dealer close here in SoCal this week. That means our HOG chapter is disbanded. The reason is "they lost there lease".  Doc
We've seen that happening in Europe. HOG allowed the chapters to continue without a dealer, as a "free" chapter.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.