Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Can HD Survive the downturn (Article on MSN.com)  (Read 6539 times)

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: Can HD Survive the downturn (Article on MSN.com)
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »

Just saw this on the msn.com website...

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/?fpn=can%20harley%20davidson%20handle%20the%20downturn

I wonder.  If we shut up the press for one month, what would the stock market and economy look like.  Yes HD stock has tanked and yes so has the DOW.  But just as it was artificially inflated in the past, it is now artificialy deflated.  If everyone would stop yelling fire in the crowed theater, I think we'd all get out alive.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

I second this
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 04:04:03 AM »

Can I get an Amen!

Guys, this is just wishful thinking. I agree that the press is like a pest most of times, but in this case nothing would change of it is not (right or wrong) reported. The ability of Harley getting financing for their financial services is dependent on the banks ability to raise that money from other banks (or the government). How this is done, will impact severely how Harley can refinance and therefore finance new bike acquisitions. At this time, with Harley's credit rating just cut down a bit, this is getting more and more difficult. If this gets difficult the interest Harley has to pay goes up. If that interest goes up, it should impact the interest Harley can offer to new buyers. If this interest increases, financing gets more expense, hence fewer bikes will be sold. This is pretty simple. Now if Harley would subsidize (and they already do to some extent) the financing, their bottom line is hurt. As a result their profit is adversely impacted, and that may result in a lowering of their credit rating. The cycle starts again.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009, 08:41:18 AM »

Guys, this is just wishful thinking. I agree that the press is like a pest most of times, but in this case nothing would change of it is not (right or wrong) reported. The ability of Harley getting financing for their financial services is dependent on the banks ability to raise that money from other banks (or the government). How this is done, will impact severely how Harley can refinance and therefore finance new bike acquisitions. At this time, with Harley's credit rating just cut down a bit, this is getting more and more difficult. If this gets difficult the interest Harley has to pay goes up. If that interest goes up, it should impact the interest Harley can offer to new buyers. If this interest increases, financing gets more expense, hence fewer bikes will be sold. This is pretty simple. Now if Harley would subsidize (and they already do to some extent) the financing, their bottom line is hurt. As a result their profit is adversely impacted, and that may result in a lowering of their credit rating. The cycle starts again.

Ride safely,
Louis

Louis of course you are correct. My point is that the "Fourth Estate" could expend more energy on the positive by way of using the few there are currently to begin to turn the ship. IMO the negatives become self fullfilling and that which we resist will persist. Think about the War on Drugs! How's that working for you? Terror sells news and we need the power of the media to sell the turn around!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.