Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Bikers Threatened With Hefty Noise Fines  (Read 5148 times)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Bikers Threatened With Hefty Noise Fines
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:41:01 PM »

Bikers Threatened With Hefty Noise Fines in Carefree, Arizona; Call Measure 'Discriminatory'

Tuesday , November 28, 2006

PHOENIX

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Bikers Threatened With Hefty Noise Fines
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:52:56 PM »

This is something that is becoming more popular then not. I know a lot of dealers no longer install "drag pipes" on bikes to try to help eliminate more localities from coming to this type of enforcement. Some major rallies are enforcing the "loud" pipes ordinances more and more.

Sometimes we (bikers) can be our own worst enemy. I'll be the first to admit I love the sound of a free flowing exhaust system, but I think the problem lies in those that run either "drag" pipes or run pipes w/o baffles installed. To top that off seems those that run pipes in this condition love to be stopped at traffic lights/intersections and just continuously throttling up to show off how loud their pipes are. I think those that are doing stuff like this are the ones that are causing places to crack down on the noise. It is possible to run the pipes described above in a relatively quiet manner, but a lot of those that have them choose not to run them in that fashion.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:56:42 PM »

I'm assuming they're going to check every piece of rooftop air conditiong equipment,
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:09:16 PM »

I'm sure most of us would prefer not to live on a street that has our bikes running up and sown it all hours under throttle.

Seattle really cracked down on this without a decibal level, simply by enforcing the existing laws on drag racing etc. and nearly eliminated an every Thursday event, Taco Thursday.

It had gotten to epidemic proportion with 1,000's of bikes on Thursday night dragging from light to light in downtown and rapping the pipes at lights.  I should know I was there every Thursday, not dragging but I know my DWG pipes are loud, no one ever wants to ride to my right.  Python III's are damn loud under throttle let alone under hard throttle.

Cave Creek will be the loser, guys will ride elsewhere to avoid Carefree.

Bottom line is, noise control will continue to be a hot topic.  We discussed this when we went to CC as some Colorado towns are strict on bikes.  

Hopefully some middle ground will be found and we can putt putt through Carefree, care free [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 10:11:59 PM »

I would guess that Cave Creek, Arizona probably sees more than it's share of bikers (and I mean bikers as opposed to recreational motorcycle riders) due to the Hells Angels chapter there.

http://www.hamccc.com/

I believe that famous Angel Sonny Barger moved to the area some years back from California and is a member of the Cave Creek chapter now.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 10:34:20 PM »

80 decibels ?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:36:39 PM by SPIDERMAN »

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 10:35:14 PM »

I would guess that Cave Creek, Arizona probably sees more than it's share of bikers (and I mean bikers as opposed to recreational motorcycle riders) due to the Hells Angels chapter there.

http://www.hamccc.com/

I believe that famous Angel Sonny Barger moved to the area some years back from California and is a member of the Cave Creek chapter now.

I met Sonny when I rode to Sturgis in 2000. We were both gassing up our bikes at a station in Wyoming. He was riding with 2 other HA.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »

With all due respect to law dont forget that
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIFES
nuff said [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 12:34:16 PM »

This has been  a big issue where I live near Alexandria Virgina.  The historic district classified as Old Town Alexandria has battled this.  A couple of years ago, the city cracked down on loud pipe and went as far as to station a motor officer on the street where bikers gather. Anyone who was running with no baffles automatically qualified for a $60.00 door prize.  They have chased most of the bikers out of town.  
Scrrem

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 02:43:40 PM »

This has been

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 03:48:35 PM »

Too bad it just gets worse and worse.  I don't believe these poiticians think out the whole issure before they make knee jerk reactions and zero in on one group of people.  I can't believe it is that bad there but some folks believe it is their right to have constant quiet all the time and some just like complaining for the sake of complaining.

We can only do our part though and try to throttle down in populated area's.  It just isn't a Harley with stock pipes.

CVOMOE
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 05:40:39 PM »

Too bad it just gets worse and worse.  I [highlight]don't believe these poiticians think out the whole issure before they make knee jerk reactions[/highlight] and zero in on one group of people.  I can't believe it is that bad there but some folks believe it is their right to have constant quiet all the time and some just like complaining for the sake of complaining.

We can only do our part though and try to throttle down in populated area's.  It just isn't a Harley with stock pipes.

CVOMOE

A classic understatement my friend.

Rhino

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 07:39:59 PM »

I grew up near railroad tracks. A block away at the crossing you could count on the horn piercing the peace.  The train shook the whole neighborhood.  Then I moved near an airport.  Both were quite soothing to me and made me sleep better.

So what is it about motorcycles?  I think the objectioneers are just jealous that they cant come along for the rides too!  But really, if the noise was nasty after hours, it could be a problem. But during the day? Blast away!!

Bull (Rhino)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 08:00:08 AM »

Here's what's happening in Arizona.  We have a popular destination north of Phoenix called Cave Creek.  Most of the bars and restaurants are located in that town.  Many even cater to the biker crowd.  In order to get to Cave Creek from Phoenix you must go through another town called Carefree.  Carefree has posted discriminatory signs that have enraged the biker community.  Attached is a picture of the signs posted in Carefree, Az which shows a picture of a motorcycle.  Cave Creek has refused to post the signs.   The current program involves educating the bikers on how much noise is produced by a given bike and in essence the benefit of lugging your engine in the interest of keeping the noise down.  The local mounties will let you test your bike for decibel output at differing rpm so you will know when you exceed 80.  About 2 years ago they busted a group of riders.  The local judge convicted the group but it was later dismissed because of their failure to prove individual violations.      
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

cigarmike

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 11:08:42 PM »

I have a nieghbor that lives a few houses down the street and outside my court,, hes an elderman, Id say bout 70 or somewhere
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:10:49 PM by cigarmike »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.