Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Bikers Threatened With Hefty Noise Fines  (Read 5150 times)

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Bikers Threatened With Hefty Noise Fines
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »

Hey Bros If any of you are making a list of towns to avoid add New Hope PA to your list.  Its one of a dozen quaint little towns along the Delaware between NJ & PA.

Nice riding on both sides.  Anyhow its a great gathering and waterhole town for area bikers.  Of late, many of the shops have become more uptown. Seems the 4-5 dozen bikers that have been supporting the economy are not so welcome anymore.

During the summer traffic moves about 5 miles an hour in town.  The local cops ride bicycles and carry decibel meters.

If you park you better keep your front wheel off the additional painted line near traffic.  75 bucks for either violation. 
   I've even heard that they ticket when more than one bike occupies a parking spot with a meter. But on a scorcher of a day, there's no better riding than riding in the shade of the cliffs along the river.
WOODY

pcarr1701

• Junior CVO Member
  • The Switchblade Guy

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »

The trouble with Decibel Meters is that they can be off as much as 10-20%, depending on the latest calibration.  How the heck can they prove it was my scoot making all the noise, and not the extraneous noises from off the street helping to add to the noise level.

I just won't spend any money there if I'm not wanted.  It would be curious to find out if they are going to ticket the local rock/punk/funk groundpounding cagers out there as well?  Probably not, since then their mommies and daddies would have to pay the fine, and we all know that those are the people that elect the local idiot villager politicians.

Now I've been a politician in a small town, but we never even came close to this level of inanity in the 7 years that I served the community.

Don't ride through (if at all possible) and don't stop to spend money, that's my opinion, for what its worth.
Patrick Carr
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Wildfire

Tros

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »

I don't mind most loud exhaust vehicles (fart can 4 cylinders being the exception)  passing through on the main street behind my house because they're passing through and the sound comes goes quickly.  Those annoying basshead cars are another matter.  You can hear them for a longer distance comming & going and they rattle the windows of the house, cause the mirrors in the car to vibrate when your next to them in traffic. 

I have often thought those (fictional) sonic weapons used in the movie Dune would be the ideal countermeasure, or perhaps, closer to reality, a large scale noise cancelling system built along streets......boom...boom...nothing....nothing....nothing....nothing.....nothing....boom....boom.  :devil:

I'll see how much louder my stock mufflers get in the comming months before I think about changing them (I like the way they look).   That FI high idle at start up is what will wake up the neighbors with loud pipes.  That's one reason I never changed the pipes on the metric bike.  All mufflers get louder with time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.