CVO Social > Rider Down

Not a great way to end the year

(1/4) > >>

Fierce Eagle:
Well, 2 days after Christmas I was off to meet a friend for lunch. Not far from home someone decided not to look both directions pulled out right in front of me. I didn't have a chance in hell doing about 40 miles per hour with the brakes locked up.  I hit the rear quarter of a small SUV.  Landed up with Compound break left femur. Compound break right humerus. Right tibia fracture and three left toes fractured plus a Broken nose.  It was cold that morning so I had my heavy leather on and winter gloves on Plus half helmet. Helmet looks like hell glad I had it on.  Left knee skin was de-gloved but that was it, very little road rash.  Harley is totalled with 32k worth of damage. I have a picture of my femur hanging out of my leg 3 inches. Did nine days in the hospital and I'm now just over three weeks in the rehabilitation center. The accident happened in front of the gas station. So I actually have surveillance video of the accident. Watching the video of surreal, no stunt double needed. The bitch ever came to a complete stop and just came out into the street.  Recovery has been tough, it could have been worse. As of right now not looking to get another Harley, I think I'm done. Going to really miss that bike.

08glide:
Sorry for your accident. Just be prayerfully THANKFUL that you are still here & can talk about it. bikes can be replaced, living people, once they're gone, they're gone.you don't have to ride to be apart of this group. Best wishes to you & praying for a full recovery. Take care   

DesertHOG:
Wishing you a speedy recovery and peace.

DH

Cvostu:
Wishing you a speedy recovery as well.     Stuart.

JCZ:
Get well buddy!  Hopefully you'll heal to the point that it will not have any on going issues and hopefully, she had insurance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version