CVO Social > Rider Down

Have you ever tried to fool mother nature?

(1/2) > >>

joycebyers:
Well Psycho... Your membership card should be going out in the mail today.  The over used cliche of two types of riders "those who went down and those who are going to go down" is nice in one respect.  It does not clairify how hard you hit or how fast you are going when it happens.  If this is your one time and all that happened is your pride was dented a bit, then purchase the ride bell,hang it on that Deuce ASAP and consider yourself lucky!

Did you do any damage at all to the scoot?  Sure hope you did not scratch the fenders or tank because as I have found out the hard way, HD will take 12-16 weeks to get newly painted sheet metal out to the dealer fixing the bike.

I have one week left with this cast on and I hope to be walking normal soon.  It has given me plenty of time to think and I only know one thing...  I really want to ride again.  It is just something that I love to do and I will not let a little accident caused by road conditions stop me.  Time to get back on the horse and become a better rider because of it. 

People get injured at their hobbies day in and day out.  Not many of them stop doing what they love to do.  I know that I will never get injured snow boarding, skiing, sky diving, rock climbing, etc., and how do I know this you might ask...  It is becasue I do not do any of them!  I also watch the news daily and can't believe the horrible injuries and death that occur from the strangest things.  Danger is everywhere and you do not get a chance to choose what happens and when.  The moral of the story is that I will not go cautiously into life so I can be safely injured somehow.

Keep your chin up (and the Deuce), keep on practicing and enjoy each ride.  Hope the surfing is treating you well.  Once again, glad you were not injured!  Be Safe!

GregKhougaz:

OUCH! Welcome, joycebyers. Sorry to hear of your wreck and injuries. If you have not broken a few things in life, you probably aren't having enough fun. Best of luck and a speedy recovery.

D-N-D:
Been there back in 2003 !!! I'm still riding and never looked back at that bad day !!! Hope your recovery goes well. Live to Ride !!!

Dante

kojak:
I crashed a bike many years ago at a high rate of speed, spend 2 months in recovery and had to have bones mend enough in my left hand to pull in a clutch again! One of the best days of my life was getting back on my surviving bike and going for that first ride after my accident!

rayson56:
OP is confusing to me, looks like it starts out as a response to another post.

:confused5:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version