CVO Social > Rider Down

I hit a car

(1/6) > >>

altugo:
Well i was going through an intersection and a little car forgot to stop and just cut my way.I hit the brakes and lean the bike she still kept on going and finally i hit her and went down.I hurt my knee but just deep road rash.I think i am very lucky since i had my armoured leather jacket on me and this was the first time I wore it since mid may.It really took a lot of beating but im not hurt anywhere except my knee.I wish i had some leather pants on with some pads on knees.Good news is i wasnt on my fatboy but on my vrscr.Bike has almost no damage except left hand controls and left mirror.Well left side bag has some minor scratches now.I am amazed how those tiny pads at elbows and shoulder could protect me from harm.I litteraly hit the car with left side of my body and the door got bent and the side window blew.I skid on my left shoulder and elbow nothin happened till i started to roll and my knee hit the tar.Oh i had fingerless gloves with very thin leather and they did their job well too.No injuries.This was my first accident and now i know the necessity to waer protective gear while riding.It really makes a big difference.By the way the lady driving the car siad she was busy talking to her son wich sat next to her and never saw me coming altough she looked at my direction.She said she couldnt notice me eventough she looked cause she was looking for cars only.
I rode back home after the incident that a good thing.Cant shift other than first gear tough.
Ride safe and wear protective gear.
 [smiley=drink.gif]

Fired00d:
Sorry to hear about your accident. Sounds like all your safety equipment did the job and your injuries were minor. Definitely a testimony of how wearing appropriate gear can limit injuries. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] This lady sounds like the typical cager not paying full attention while driving and not even looking out for vehicles other then cars. >:(

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

altugo:
Exactly a lot of drivers wont even notice us.Not because they hate bikers its just that their brain wont process the info cause they are somehow preprogrammed to watch out for cars or trucks. [smiley=drink.gif]

Screamin:
Major bummer Altugo but glad you're well enough to share. Major lesson there for those in shorts and sandals. How many times have we heard "I didn't see him"? Another reminder for us all.

JR:
Thank God you made out like you did! Sorry to hear this happened  but I'm glad you were wearing protective gear! I pray for a speedy recovery on your knee! You are a fortunate man Altugo! Bless Ya Bro!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version