Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 119866 times)

lucille

• Full CVO Member
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #525 on: April 17, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »

Welcome George,  ...nothing quite like a FXR ....Greg
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #526 on: April 19, 2009, 10:16:13 AM »

Welcome George,  ...nothing quite like a FXR ....Greg

UNDERSTATEMENT   :D

Jus sayin'    LOL

You're RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #527 on: August 04, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »

Hey everyone.....

Let's see Paul is in Sturgis....I am at my computer....Mikey has helped Blaine put in a cam, at which point Mikey popped a wheelie on Blaine's bike while going full throttle from 1st to 2nd....Mikey had a big grin and a wet spot, Blaine took 38 hours to go 500 miles after getting his new cam....something about not likin rain....Mike has put new PM brakes on his bike both front and rear, and I am sitting here at my computer threateing to go up to Sturgis to the CVO even in Rapid City if I can find out if any of the engineers there will have been with the CVO branch during the FXR production 10 years ago....would find chatting with those engineers fun....Howie is working on his 6th bike or something like that....another buddy of mine two days before he left had his 2002 RKC basically fall apart....lol let's see:

1) fuel filter replacement which means getting into the tank....had to travel 280 miles round trip to find the part at the closest HD dealership having the part.
2) Put his bike in the hands of an HD dealership modifying a power commander set up over to the newer software "TSS" set up for his delphi EFI and basically he blew a rear head gasket, and some how via his "bad lander" rear tail light modulator that allows the turn signals to turn into brake lights melted down and causing wires to melt his ECM, lost his speedo, and all of his lights....that only took a used speedo and a used ECM and 8 hours to fix at the dealer then rode home to spend another 6 hours getting the rear cylinder head off and replacing with a new cometic 0.030" HG....see one should never even though cometic says it's ok to torque once and replace....because in January he torqued his head down on to the new 0.030" Cometic Head Gasket only to have one of the exhaust studs brake off...requiring the removal of the head to repair the broken stud....so let's see I guess going full throttle on a dyno machine isn't a good thing for a cometic head gasket that has already been torqued once....lesson learned....only torque those head gaskets once....so let's see....oh yeah then one of his bolts that attaches his "LSR" 2-1 exhaust pipe to a location some where around the transmission area simply broke and seered off which meant he had to remove his exhaust completely to drill out the broken off bolt, so far we are up to what nearly 24 hours of travel and repair time....all of this starting 2 days before a major trip......not to mention that the bolt broke off again once he got started and his exhaust pipe basically came apart nearly 1500 miles into a ride.....but not to worry a complete stranger took him in who was a parts manager of a HD store in Ohio at 5:30pm on a Saturday nite since he was closing the HD doors for the day and had him limp over to his home and proceeded to weld his pipe in 3 seperate locations and removed the old broken bolt replaced it with a grade 8 bolt and in 3 hours he was on the road again....only to have his pipe crack completely away at a 4th location near the collector 4 days later and 1200 miles later...but not to worry a friend's uncle's cozin's wife's husband (you get the idea) had another welder and last I heard he is on the road again.....

So there you have it.....oh yeah....Paul changed the cam in his 06 RK Custom.....and is in 92 degree heat in Sturgis....and his bike is having a tough time going over 95 mph....sounds like we have some more work to do on it....sounds like we need Mikey over here....to show us how it's done.....can't count on Blaine given how far Paul and I live he probably wouldn't show up to help for nearly 6 months.....but I suppose he could always check in on his phone....since we all are on verizon that wouldn't add to his motel expense...LOL....and as you can see a lot can happen in 6 months....

And I see Howie is at it again.....wantin to get the "FXR" guys and gals together.....for a sort of FXR GTG but not exclusive or something like that...LOL.....ahhhhhhh heck I am confused.....

and so there you have it.....let the FXR CHATTER CONTINUE ON.......

Hey seeing the FXR HISTORY being up to nearly 14,000 hits is pretty cool....I suppose it's serving it's purpose....seems like values for these bikes are all over the range.....everybody wanting nearly $14,000+++ for them and ones selling for under $10,000 all of the time....it's a good thing these bikes are fun to ride....

Regards,

Tim

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #528 on: August 04, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »

Hey everyone.....

Let's see Paul is in Sturgis....I am at my computer....Mikey has helped Blaine put in a cam, at which point Mikey popped a wheelie on Blaine's bike while going full throttle from 1st to 2nd....Mikey had a big grin and a wet spot, Blaine took 38 hours to go 500 miles after getting his new cam....something about not likin rain....Mike has put new PM brakes on his bike both front and rear, and I am sitting here at my computer threateing to go up to Sturgis to the CVO even in Rapid City if I can find out if any of the engineers there will have been with the CVO branch during the FXR production 10 years ago....would find chatting with those engineers fun....Howie is working on his 6th bike or something like that....another buddy of mine two days before he left had his 2002 RKC basically fall apart....lol let's see:

1) fuel filter replacement which means getting into the tank....had to travel 280 miles round trip to find the part at the closest HD dealership having the part.
2) Put his bike in the hands of an HD dealership modifying a power commander set up over to the newer software "TSS" set up for his delphi EFI and basically he blew a rear head gasket, and some how via his "bad lander" rear tail light modulator that allows the turn signals to turn into brake lights melted down and causing wires to melt his ECM, lost his speedo, and all of his lights....that only took a used speedo and a used ECM and 8 hours to fix at the dealer then rode home to spend another 6 hours getting the rear cylinder head off and replacing with a new cometic 0.030" HG....see one should never even though cometic says it's ok to torque once and replace....because in January he torqued his head down on to the new 0.030" Cometic Head Gasket only to have one of the exhaust studs brake off...requiring the removal of the head to repair the broken stud....so let's see I guess going full throttle on a dyno machine isn't a good thing for a cometic head gasket that has already been torqued once....lesson learned....only torque those head gaskets once....so let's see....oh yeah then one of his bolts that attaches his "LSR" 2-1 exhaust pipe to a location some where around the transmission area simply broke and seered off which meant he had to remove his exhaust completely to drill out the broken off bolt, so far we are up to what nearly 24 hours of travel and repair time....all of this starting 2 days before a major trip......not to mention that the bolt broke off again once he got started and his exhaust pipe basically came apart nearly 1500 miles into a ride.....but not to worry a complete stranger took him in who was a parts manager of a HD store in Ohio at 5:30pm on a Saturday nite since he was closing the HD doors for the day and had him limp over to his home and proceeded to weld his pipe in 3 seperate locations and removed the old broken bolt replaced it with a grade 8 bolt and in 3 hours he was on the road again....only to have his pipe crack completely away at a 4th location near the collector 4 days later and 1200 miles later...but not to worry a friend's uncle's cozin's wife's husband (you get the idea) had another welder and last I heard he is on the road again.....

So there you have it.....oh yeah....Paul changed the cam in his 06 RK Custom.....and is in 92 degree heat in Sturgis....and his bike is having a tough time going over 95 mph....sounds like we have some more work to do on it....sounds like we need Mikey over here....to show us how it's done.....can't count on Blaine given how far Paul and I live he probably wouldn't show up to help for nearly 6 months.....but I suppose he could always check in on his phone....since we all are on verizon that wouldn't add to his motel expense...LOL....and as you can see a lot can happen in 6 months....

And I see Howie is at it again.....wantin to get the "FXR" guys and gals together.....for a sort of FXR GTG but not exclusive or something like that...LOL.....ahhhhhhh heck I am confused.....

Hey seeing the FXR HISTORY being up to nearly 14,000 hits is pretty cool....I suppose it's serving it's purpose....seems like values for these bikes are all over the range.....everybody wanting nearly $14,000+++ for them and ones selling for under $10,000 all of the time....it's a good thing these bikes are fun to ride....

Regards,

Tim

Thanks for the updates Tim.  Howie was /is also still chasing the demons out of Cybil, too.
I've already put 3000 on my FXR4 even after buying a Street Glide.   Love them both.  FXR is just plain fun!
Any day on the bike is a good day.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #529 on: August 04, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »

you sure know how to spin an interesting story Tim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

sux to be your buddy with that LSR exhaust system ..... I guess that rules out my consideration of getting one on my bike !!!

Tonight I'm gonna change my transmission fluid .. going with Royal Purple 75w-140

I'll get out for a short ride tomorrow ..... hope to get the bike on the dyno this Friday, if not, early next week.  I'll post up the charts when I get them ...

mostly I'm interested in the AFR readings, and checking for intake/exhaust leaks.

you might have thought that Blaine would have gotten home faster, what with that new cam ......... but I don't like the rain   ..... :huepfenlol2:

sounds like you guys got Paul's bike all messed up .........  I had to shut mine down at 110MPH in 4th gear, and the bike was still pulling, I ran out of highway  .................
I don't know what the top end limit is on the bike, but I musta been close to it
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #530 on: August 04, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »

Hey everyone.....

Regards,

Tim

Well, well, well, look who's here! Refer back to that thread! I can't be any clearer than that for ya! So you're on the list and expected to be there! And no, not with your RK either!!! ;D ;D ;D

I just ordered my windshield and will be riding Joy down there! So get that RED2 together, and be there and be square!!! :) ;)

Glad to hear from ya Tim! :2vrolijk_21:

And not to worry, Cybil's all set, just more typical BS with her! Very finicky broad she is! One of them "high maintenance" broads!!! :D :D :D

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Phoenixbiker

• CVO1: 09 Ruby Red SEEG
    • CVO2: (non) 94 Red FLHTUC
    • CVO3: (non) 82 FXR
« Reply #531 on: September 17, 2009, 06:57:58 AM »

1) Screen Name Phoenixbiker
2) Given Name  Geoff
3) Age 56
4) Location in the world:  NSW Australia
5) FXR Model Owned 1982
6) I have owned this bike for just under a year. I have known the bike since new. A good friend bought it and has had it registered continuously and an almost daily ride for many years and we have done many road trips together 2 up. Yep its a shovel, with 90,000km.  I had thought of buying the FXR when he bought a new Triumph but decided against it. I went on a long trip on my '94 Ultra which was then in need of repairs when we returned. With nothing to ride I rang, paid his price and picked the FXR up. The FXR was his honeymoon vehicle (I was his best man) so it has strong sentimental value to all of us. It is not for sale. Other bikes 09 SEUC, and the '94 UC now for sale.
7) What "major" modifications have been done to your bike.It is very original with only aftermarket pipes and sportster bar and aftermarket speedo.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up space!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #532 on: September 17, 2009, 08:10:39 AM »

Welcome, Geoff!
Any day on the bike is a good day.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #533 on: September 21, 2009, 01:55:03 PM »

Welcome, Geoff!

pretty kewl story about the bike !
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

CWBork44

• Candy Tangerine FXR4 as of 10/15/2013 :)

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
    • Caveman Radio
« Reply #534 on: September 27, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »

1) Screen Name CWBork44
2) Given Name  Chris
3) Age 39
4) Location in the world:  Connecticut
5) FXR Model Owned: 1993
6) I have owned this bike since Aug 15th 2009. I bought my 1st FXR (a 1992 FXRS) August of 2004, but sold it a year later because at the time I worked in radio...enuff said. I vowed to get another as soon as $ permitted.
7) What "major" modifications have been done to your bike: Rev Tech 6spd, Screaming Eagle 10:1 Pistons, Screaming Eagle Cam and Push rods, 42mm Mikuni Carb, Lockhart Engine Oil Cooler, High Flow Pet Cock,  Screaming Eagle Valve Train, High Torque Starter, High output Alternator, New rear wheel, Daul Disk Front brakes, Progressive Front and Rear Suspension,Screaming Eagle Fork Brace, Drag Pipes.

Really want a blue FXR3...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:32:07 PM by CWBork44 »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2009, 06:21:15 PM »

Hi Chris, and WELCOME !!

Got any other pictures of your bike that you can share with us ?

Thanks !!!!

The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

CWBork44

• Caveman Radio
« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2009, 09:02:06 PM »

Hi Chris, and WELCOME !!

Got any other pictures of your bike that you can share with us ?

Thanks !!!!

Thanks. I don't have many pix yet...

CWBork44

• Caveman Radio
« Reply #537 on: September 29, 2009, 01:37:41 PM »

Another

metalweld

• 00 cvo fxr4 candy tangerine
« Reply #538 on: September 29, 2009, 11:59:55 PM »

1( metalweld
2( jerry
3( 35
4( marwayne alberta canada
5( 2000 fxr4 candy tangerine
6( found it at dealer a couple of months ago. been looking for an fxr for awhile but wanted a " special " bike. I think a candy 4 filled the order perfectly!!!
7( not sure if hopped up any more than se pipes,saddle bag supports,and new quick detach windshield(same as wifes 09 sporty )

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #539 on: November 15, 2009, 03:16:04 PM »

All these cool FXR's in this thread, I just want to make sure youze ALL know about this. I hope ya'll can make it to MV in June '10 for the FXR GTG!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Official 2010 FXR GTG Discussion!!! Maggie Valley, NC! 6/24-6/27/10!!!

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 24 queries.