Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Model specific power  (Read 2888 times)

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
Model specific power
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:20:09 AM »

OK guys, I'm going to throw another noob question out there and see who is kind enough to reply.

I was under the impression that my bike put out around ~80+ HP and ~90+ TQ at the rear wheel.
As noted in my sig, I have a 2009 FXDFSE. I thought perhaps the Dyna 110 was MoCo tuned with the TQ curve a smidge to the right being a lighter model (for HD).

I just read a thread where a venerated member here disclosed that a 2008 CVO EG could expect 10 less on each number with good AC, pipes and a tune. Those sound like 96" figures to me.

Does the truth lie somewhere in between?
FWIW, we came standard issue with the Heavy Breather, and I am adding TTS, and catless headpipes with improved mufflers. I know the almighty dyno tells all, but I cannot afford it ATM. Vtune for me... :bananarock:  8)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Model specific power
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »

OK guys, I'm going to throw another noob question out there and see who is kind enough to reply.

I was under the impression that my bike put out around ~80+ HP and ~90+ TQ at the rear wheel.
As noted in my sig, I have a 2009 FXDFSE. I thought perhaps the Dyna 110 was MoCo tuned with the TQ curve a smidge to the right being a lighter model (for HD).

I just read a thread where a venerated member here disclosed that a 2008 CVO EG could expect 10 less on each number with good AC, pipes and a tune. Those sound like 96" figures to me.

Does the truth lie somewhere in between?
FWIW, we came standard issue with the Heavy Breather, and I am adding TTS, and catless headpipes with improved mufflers. I know the almighty dyno tells all, but I cannot afford it ATM. Vtune for me... :bananarock:  8)

Harley's own figures agree with you, those are 96" numbers.  The CVO110 according to H-D has rear wheel numbers of approximately 80 hp and 95 lb-ft.  You need to realize, of course, that there will be some slight differences from bike to bike, and that the exhaust systems will cause some shift of the torque peak between different models (Dyna versus Touring, for instance).  The B model counterbalanced engines will also be different than the A engines in the Dyna and Touring models.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »

Harley's own figures agree with you, those are 96" numbers.  The CVO110 according to H-D has rear wheel numbers of approximately 80 hp and 95 lb-ft.  You need to realize, of course, that there will be some slight differences from bike to bike, and that the exhaust systems will cause some shift of the torque peak between different models (Dyna versus Touring, for instance).  The B model counterbalanced engines will also be different than the A engines in the Dyna and Touring models.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I think I saw that chart in my owner's manual some time back.
So then it is reasonable that the 110" with improved pipes and tune will achieve a little more...
I wonder if the 110" retrofit kit produces similar power to the purpose built engines we run, or if there are any actual differences since they fixed the bottom end bearings.

rkoch

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:56:18 PM »

Occman, I have the exact same bike as you.  I have achieved 92 hp and 117 ft-lbf of torque as per recent dyno test.  Modifications:  removed cat converter from header pipe, installed Rush 1.75" slip-on muffler, installed Power Commander V with map #5 (for this setup).   Everything else is stock.  Hope this helps.  Accelerates like mad, I love it - RK.

;D

Taz01

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »

Rk,

Are you taking about the #5 map that is on the disk that comes with the PCV?

Paul

rkoch

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »

I downloaded the map from their website, but I would assume it is the same map #5 - RK.

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.