Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Air suspension gauge bracket build  (Read 4540 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Air suspension gauge bracket build
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »

The short answer is aftermarket.

I had the early version of the Legends on my bike until it failed. I don't blame Legends as it was their first version using converted OEM shocks. I just have no desire to shell out the current asking price.

So I made an air system based on all of the various systems short comings and accomplishments. I have the first set on my bike and have been very pleased with it so far. I'm duplicating a second setup for a buddy so he can tell me what he thinks. AND I have a third setup to make for another Buddy. Once these guys try it out and tell me that they think I'll post a thread on what I did. This isn't rocket science and most people don't need chrome and billet shocks hidden behind a pair of saddle bags.
And most people arent going to shell out the really big bucks they want for these aftermarket setups. My stock shocks work fine, I have thought about the progressive's at around 400-500 but havent ridden one setup with it and have read good and bad. I dont want to waste my hard earned bucks.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Ripp

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »

Very cool Puz. I am a machinist by trade and have often considered buying a Brideport and lathe for my garage, but since I have access to them at my work, plus cnc equipment I haven't made the jump. Plus I would have to expand my garage and then you always have that one more thing to add and it never stops. I started to get bored with machining after doing it for over 35 years, but recently switched jobs and am programing cnc machines and it became interesting again. Anyway, thanks for the pics.

Later Ripp

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »

Ripp, I read that as you have forgotten more than I've learned. ;D. I have an older bud who has been teaching me how to use the equipment and what tooling to use. At close to 40 I regret not learning this trade early on in life. As for the expanding garge see my post about my new bike bay. At six bays I'm considering #7 for a machine shop. Some place to keep all of the equipment. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 11:13:57 AM »

Wow, nice work  :2vrolijk_21:

Geez if I would have saw this post earlier I might have been able to save you some time
As I think when I bought my Legends (Sept/05) it still came with a bracket and air gauge
Pretty sure I still have the bracket and air gauge but I didn't like the look on my scoot, so I kept in the box

O' Well, you did a really nice job in manufacturing the bracket and good luck on keeping the gauge working

jeffj

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 05:22:06 PM »

jeffj if you still have the bracket and gauge shoot me a price as I may be able to use it on another scoot. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 07:23:02 PM by Puzzled »
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 06:25:41 PM »

jeffj if you still have the bracket and gauge shoot me a price as I may be able o use it on another scoot. :2vrolijk_21:

I am not home but will look next Friday, when I get back home

jeffj
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.