Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roadglide Alarm Trouble  (Read 2311 times)

BossHoss

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Roadglide Alarm Trouble
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:44:50 PM »

My 2001 SE Roadglide started Beeping the alarm every once in a while while it was sitting in my shop ( alarm was not set ) Then after several weeks of this, the alarm starting going off intermittently for a 5 to 10 seconds. Sometimes 5 to 10 minutes between outburst and then sometimes it may not go off for hours. I thought I had a bad alarm module and purchased a new Harley module ( with the 9V backup battery ) and the problem seemed to go away for several months, but it is back to beeping just every once in a while. The bike does not get ridden much ( Have a Boss Hoss also ) but I keep a battery tender on it. Anyone else had this type of problem with the factory alarm? I have only used the alarm maybe a half a dozen times when I was on road trips. Any help would be appreciated.
Bud C.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Roadglide Alarm Trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 12:52:57 AM »

My 2001 SE Roadglide started Beeping the alarm every once in a while while it was sitting in my shop ( alarm was not set ) Then after several weeks of this, the alarm starting going off intermittently for a 5 to 10 seconds. Sometimes 5 to 10 minutes between outburst and then sometimes it may not go off for hours. I thought I had a bad alarm module and purchased a new Harley module ( with the 9V backup battery ) and the problem seemed to go away for several months, but it is back to beeping just every once in a while. The bike does not get ridden much ( Have a Boss Hoss also ) but I keep a battery tender on it. Anyone else had this type of problem with the factory alarm? I have only used the alarm maybe a half a dozen times when I was on road trips. Any help would be appreciated.
Bud C.

Sounds like you need to replace the little 9v battery.  Battery tender charges the big battery.  Only running the bike keeps the 9v charged.

BossHoss

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »

Thanks for the tip, but I already tried that too. I have even checked the voltage on the battery at different times and always found it at 9+ volts on either battery.
Bud C.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 01:26:01 PM »

Thanks for the tip, but I already tried that too. I have even checked the voltage on the battery at different times and always found it at 9+ volts on either battery.
Bud C.

Obviously it's the psychotics then.....  :drink:

BossHoss

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 11:03:51 PM »

My wife says it is just signaling me to come get it out of the shop and ride it, so she hears it too. I know it is not the psychotics.  I was out in my shop for two or three hours today and it never went off once. Yesterday it went off about every 30 minutes for the two or three hours I was around it working on a tractor. It definitely has a mind of its own.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 11:11:31 PM »

My wife says it is just signaling me to come get it out of the shop and ride it, so she hears it too. I know it is not the psychotics.  I was out in my shop for two or three hours today and it never went off once. Yesterday it went off about every 30 minutes for the two or three hours I was around it working on a tractor. It definitely has a mind of its own.

Well crap, that sucks.  Was hoping that just having a good buzz would explain it.  Maybe the bike is stoned?

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.