Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: '00 SERG orig sissy bar w/ pad?  (Read 3316 times)

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
'00 SERG orig sissy bar w/ pad?
« on: November 09, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »

I can't seem to find a close up photo of an original sissy bar with pad for an '00 SERG.  Did they come with the chopped tour pak AND a sissy bar since both can't be used at the same time?  I'm attaching a photo of what I have  -  is it original?

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Re: '00 SERG orig sissy bar w/ pad?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:14:03 AM »

I can't seem to find a close up photo of an original sissy bar with pad for an '00 SERG.  Did they come with the chopped tour pak AND a sissy bar since both can't be used at the same time?  I'm attaching a photo of what I have  -  is it original?

They did come with both as that year and the 01's were very complete bikes. I haven't seen mine for a couple years but I'll take a look and post a pic.  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »

They did come with both as that year and the 01's were very complete bikes. I haven't seen mine for a couple years but I'll take a look and post a pic. 

I've not seen mine in so long don't remember them either Lou.  They're in a box that's either in the attic or in the overhead over the office at the shop.  Can get at them if a close up pic is really important.

If I remember correctly the sissy bar pad nor the tour pak pad had had the red insert.  That was only in the saddle.  But I'd not swear to it without looking first.

Also just spent ten minutes looking for some pics I'm sure are posted somewhere.  But couldn't find them.  Were of the red SERG right after I brought it home in March of 08.  There is or was a thread with a bunch of pics of it setting in the driveway.  Still with the stock saddle and backrests.  Can't find the thread though....

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »

The pad on the Tour Pac has the coulored insert but the Riders Backrest did not.  I never did get the Passenger Backrest so I don't know if it has the insert.
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »

pic 2

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »

I found it !!!!  Here are the pics.   Doc

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »

...the back. It looks like the only diffenrance is the monogram and stitching, but that doesn't mean much. I think twolane had a black inner fairing on his so depending on the production run there might be little changes.  Doc
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:38:18 PM by grandpadoc »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »

...the back. It looks like the only diffenrance is the monogram and stitching, but that doesn't mean much. I think twolane had a black inner fairing on his so depending on the production run there might be little changes.  Doc

I did have standard black inner fairing that I'm as confident as I can be had never been off the bike.  Had seen another example of the same a few years ago. Fortunately scored an old stock inner from a dealer that was glad to get a box that would only collect dust for years off his shelf.  Seeing your pics jog the memory enough I don't think the rider backrest had the colored insert.  

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »

I did have standard black inner fairing that I'm as confident as I can be had never been off the bike.  Had seen another example of the same a few years ago. Fortunately scored an old stock inner from a dealer that was glad to get a box that would only collect dust for years off his shelf.  Seeing your pics jog the memory enough I don't think the rider backrest had the colored insert.  

The rider backrest is just plain w/o the monogram or insert just like your pic.   Doc
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:31:26 PM by grandpadoc »

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »

So you guys are saying there are probably two different sissy bar backrests that would be considered original to an '00 SERG?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »

So you guys are saying there are probably two different sissy bar backrests that would be considered original to an '00 SERG?

Wouldn't say that at all.  There was only one inner fairing that was correct to the model.  Even if it appears that occasionally something else got grabbed to complete a bike.  That was a mistake.  Perhaps an intentional mistake borne of necessity when the correct part wasn't on the assembly line.  But it wasn't "correct." 

Same with the backrests.  Lou was suggesting the standard backrest might have occasionally been grabbed to fill on the line.  Whether it did or didn't is irrelevant to the question of whether it would later be considered "correct" for the model if it were used.  It's not what's documented in the parts manual or product literature.  Harley would never admit that it was there intentionally.  "Correct" will be what's in the parts manual.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »

Wouldn't say that at all.  There was only one inner fairing that was correct to the model.  Even if it appears that occasionally something else got grabbed to complete a bike.  That was a mistake.  Perhaps an intentional mistake borne of necessity when the correct part wasn't on the assembly line.  But it wasn't "correct." 

Same with the backrests.  Lou was suggesting the standard backrest might have occasionally been grabbed to fill on the line.  Whether it did or didn't is irrelevant to the question of whether it would later be considered "correct" for the model if it were used.  It's not what's documented in the parts manual or product literature.  Harley would never admit that it was there intentionally.  "Correct" will be what's in the parts manual.
That being said I would think that the picture of Doc's backrest with the Harley Davidson graphic imprinted in the leather would be more than likely origional equipment as it matches what is on the top portion of the Tour Pac pad as seen in my pictures.   :nixweiss:

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 09:11:04 AM »

Not to wear this thread completely out (pun) but has anyone ordered a replacement pad from HD & did it have the "Harley Davidson" imprinted or was it plain?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 10:23:33 AM »

Not to wear this thread completely out (pun) but has anyone ordered a replacement pad from HD & did it have the "Harley Davidson" imprinted or was it plain?

I ordered one for mine right after getting it 3 years ago.  I does have the "Harley-Davidson" embroidered into it, just as the photo that grandpadoc posted.  Don't have the part number in front of me, but can look it up this evening and post then, if someone doesn't beat me to it in the meantime.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 11:05:48 AM »

...another case closed, thanks to the members of this site. Its still interesting to hear about little glitches in production though. Twolane's inner fairing was the most obvious and now this. I imagine the "correct" part will show up on ebay someday as folks clean out their storage areas. I wouldn't have know about the complete list of items that came with the bike at the time I bought it if it wasn't for you guys. I showed the list to the previous owner and he searched around his home for a few hours and chazaam they were all accounted for by the time I took it home.
From what I see the most common discarded and not transferd parts are the shark fins, indoor cover with bag, rear pegs, rear back rest, front backrest, and owners manual. We could probably start another thread to see it this stuff is around for those who may want to get their bike to stock looking. Even if you prefer a lot of mods, the bike is much more valuable if everything is complete. This made the difference in my decision when I had to choose a few years ago.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.