Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2010 SESG for 2011 SESG  (Read 3878 times)

mud hog

2010 SESG for 2011 SESG
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »

Has anyone tried to trade their 2010 SESG for one of the 2011 SESG?? I was thinking about it on the black and orange, but I was wondering as to how bad of a beating they will want me to take?? Does anyone have any number figures yet from any of the dealerships??

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: 2010 SESG for 2011 SESG
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »

Has anyone tried to trade their 2010 SESG for one of the 2011 SESG?? I was thinking about it on the black and orange, but I was wondering as to how bad of a beating they will want me to take?? Does anyone have any number figures yet from any of the dealerships??

It's the beating from my wife that I fear. I love my SR, but truly wish I'd waited now that I've seen the '11s. Way too much invested in SERT/dyno tune, fullsac cat removal, etc. to make a trade doable for me. Even if the dealer was willing to swap parts so I could put the passing lamps, 4-point detachables, highway pegs, fairing and frame baffles, etc. on the '11.

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:43:23 PM »

It's the beating from my wife that I fear. I love my SR, but truly wish I'd waited now that I've seen the '11s. Way too much invested in SERT/dyno tune, fullsac cat removal, etc. to make a trade doable for me. Even if the dealer was willing to swap parts so I could put the passing lamps, 4-point detachables, highway pegs, fairing and frame baffles, etc. on the '11.

Be careful if she fades with her left shoulder she is coming with a right hook :-*
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »

Mi amigo...don't let your wife beats you .....I want to meet you in September :huepfenjump3:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »

Called 2 dealers just for fun and was told for a 2010 SESG with 4000 miles on it in perfect shape they would give me about 25K towards a new bike!!!  Maybe I would have gotten more if I was actually at the dearler ship, but still $25,000????  Mine looks very nice in my garage.

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Razor Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Mist
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 05:52:30 PM »

It's the beating from my wife that I fear.

LMAO  ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:18:44 PM »

Called 2 dealers just for fun and was told for a 2010 SESG with 4000 miles on it in perfect shape they would give me about 25K towards a new bike!!!  Maybe I would have gotten more if I was actually at the dearler ship, but still $25,000????  Mine looks very nice in my garage.

Mine too!

Was looking for a reciept for my wife's helmet last night.......pulled out one receipt, one order that was over $7k in parts.  I hurried up and stuffed that one back in the envelope........nope, that's not it. ;D   I think I'd be sick if I ever pulled them all out to see how much I really have in that bike. :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 07:41:30 PM »

Mine too!

Was looking for a reciept for my wife's helmet last night.......pulled out one receipt, one order that was over $7k in parts.  I hurried up and stuffed that one back in the envelope........nope, that's not it. ;D   I think I'd be sick if I ever pulled them all out to see how much I really have in that bike. :nervous:

Ya but she's a beauty!

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:53:26 PM »

KBB has "Average Trade-In" listed at $25.5K for a stock bike with 4K miles so $25K on a phone call is pretty accurate. Dealers always want to do value on a stock bike, so no matter what all additional money for P&A or custom parts is wasted at trade. I never sell stock parts so I can always put mine back to stock to trade. Of course, some parts are not worth the cost to remove so that is just money spent for the pleasure of ownership.   :nixweiss:

My dealer and I reached a fair number and my Autumn Haze should arrive in Nov/Dec. Will I lose money on the deal? Of course. Will they make money on the deal? Of course. Do I think the number is fair for the enhancements that I see on the '11s? I do and such is the circle of ownership ....

The only lesson I have learned is not to piece-meal performance. For me - little, incremental changes can eat dollars up in tuning and labor costs that can never be realized AT ALL again. For the '11 I am gonna transfer my breather and pipes - do one spot on tune - and be done with it. I looked into pulling the CR575 cams, the SE roller rockers, and the forged rocker plates from Blackbeard but the cost for labor was prohibitive. This equates to someone getting ~$2Gs of motor work for free ... or at least me giving away that money to the dealer. So ... the first performance mods I do beyond breather/pipes on the '11 will be a fully built 120R crate and a new black 6 speed tranny. If I never get them then I guess true performance isn't as important to me as I think it is.

Anyway .. I'm stoked and if anything happens between now and Nov that makes the deal fall through no harm, no foul. Perfectly happy being a RUMMY!!

I'm also perfectly happy with my 2010 SESG  ;)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:46:56 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »

KBB has "Average Trade-In" listed at $25.5K for a stock bike with 4K miles so $25K on a phone call is pretty accurate. Dealers always want to do value on a stock bike, so no matter what all additional money for P&A or custom parts is wasted at trade. I never sell stock parts so I can always put mine back to stock to trade. Of course, some parts are not worth the cost to remove so that is just money spent for the pleasure of ownership.   :nixweiss:

My dealer and I reached a fair number and my Autumn Haze should arrive in Nov/Dec. Will I lose money on the deal? Of course. Will they make money on the deal? Of course. Do I think the number is fair for the enhancements that I see on the '11s? I do and such is the circle of ownership ....

The only lesson I have learned is not to piece-meal performance. For me - little, incremental changes can eat dollars up in tuning and labor costs that can never be realized AT ALL again. For the '11 I am gonna transfer my breather and pipes - do one spot on tune - and be done with it. I looked into pulling the CR575 cams, the SE roller rockers, and the forged rocker plates from Blackbeard but the cost for labor was prohibitive. This equates to someone getting ~$2Gs of motor work for free ... or at least me giving away that money to the dealer. So ... the first performance mods I do beyond breather/pipes on the '11 will be a fully built 120R crate and a new black 6 speed tranny. If I never get them then I guess true performance isn't as important to me as I think it is.

Anyway .. I'm stoked and if anything happens between now and Nov that makes the deal fall through no harm, no foul. Perfectly happy being a RUMMY!!

congrats on new bike whoever gets you old one is gonna be one happy camper one of the nicest rums ive seen
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 11:22:26 AM »

I looked up the dealer sell price for our bikes.............29,495.......4000 miles mint

Stingboy :}

• Gambling is illegal here at Bushwood sir...., and I never slice. Damn!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 Pumpkin SEEG
    • CVO2: 2003 Anniversary Fatboy ( Non CVO)
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 05:33:04 PM »

A friend of mine traded his 2010 SESG in last Friday for a 2011 and received 26K toward the new one.  They did swap out all of the upgrades ( pipes etc) from the 10 to the 11 and only charged him dealer prep.  His 10 had 3K on it.
/Users/Sting/Desktop/2008 Beaver Patriot/2008 Beaver Patriot Thunder.JPG

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »

A friend of mine traded his 2010 SESG in last Friday for a 2011 and received 26K toward the new one.  They did swap out all of the upgrades ( pipes etc) from the 10 to the 11 and only charged him dealer prep.  His 10 had 3K on it.

ouch thats over a dollar a mile hit. But an old car salesman told me one time we don't trade even or give boot so how do you want to trade :nixweiss:
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

wnace

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 01:35:47 PM »

Made a great deal on Black and Orange one. Got $29,000 for my 2010 CVO StreetGlide (Tequila) with 6,500 mile.  MSRP No set-up or freight. Should be here first of Oct. Can't wait!!!!

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »

i like  my color now, and  i don't  listen to music  while  riding, i listen  to my pipes,  don't need the other  s*#t, that  they  added, i guess i'm  starting,  to tell my age :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 22 queries.