Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: M8 leaking piston jets  (Read 11952 times)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: M8 leaking piston jets
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2019, 09:46:18 AM »

the power vision does not have to stay anywhere on the bike plug in remap unplug and forget about it that's what I did

Will the Power Vision set a flag on the CAN-BUS that can be detected by the HD Digital Tech and cause a risk in the HD warranty being cancelled?

As I am sure you know, this would be important if you were on the road out of town and had to go to a dealer.

Regards

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2019, 09:54:42 AM »

YES, every tuner that is non-epa approved (which is all of them except the H-D Street Tuner) will leave a trace that H-D can and will use to void your drivetrain warranty.

Jstitan2017

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2017 Ultra Limited
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »

That is one of the reason's I didn't want to go with the Power Vision and use the TMax. It is also the reason I didn't want to go bigger on the jugs and pistons as well. I can always do a quick pipe and cam swap but not a jug swap if something happens under warranty. Not to mention is I upgrade the jugs an piston's, I'm on the hook for stronger valve springs, a bigger intake with larger fuel injectors and the list goes on. If I stay with the 114 jugs and the cam I mentioned along with the other stuff I will have a really great running engine. I probably will go in and check the piston jet oilers for peace of mind.

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2019, 07:24:11 AM »

YES, every tuner that is non-epa approved (which is all of them except the H-D Street Tuner) will leave a trace that H-D can and will use to void your drivetrain warranty.
I thought the TTS Mastertuner did not leave a fingerprint a lot of people on this board posted as such.

bigcraig

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2019, 08:02:48 AM »

I thought the TTS Mastertuner did not leave a fingerprint a lot of people on this board posted as such.

Initially, the TTS would allow you to return to stock without a footprint. However, the HD DT was updated and WILL detect TTS use.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 08:39:25 AM »

That was true for many years, but in the past year I've questioned this on the site and got no definitive answer.  I think I recommended people actually contact Mr. Cole of TTS with that question, no one has come back and posted a response as far as I can tell.

Anyone who buys a new Harley and is concerned about the factory warranty should automatically assume any powertrain modifications other than those certified by Harley as street legal will be grounds for voiding the powertrain portion of the factory warranty.  The most obvious and easily detected modification is a tune, which is checked any time a dealership attaches their diagnostic equipment to the bike.  Internal mods aren't as obvious, but can still be detected if you have a failure that requires disassembly for diagnosis and repair.  If anyone is in a position where having to pay for a major failure out of pocket would be a big problem, they probably shouldn't modify anything more involved than perhaps a muffler.  If Harley's were highly reliable and had no major ongoing issues, it wouldn't be a huge risk. 

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 12:02:46 PM »

That was true for many years, but in the past year I've questioned this on the site and got no definitive answer.  I think I recommended people actually contact Mr. Cole of TTS with that question, no one has come back and posted a response as far as I can tell.

Anyone who buys a new Harley and is concerned about the factory warranty should automatically assume any powertrain modifications other than those certified by Harley as street legal will be grounds for voiding the powertrain portion of the factory warranty.  The most obvious and easily detected modification is a tune, which is checked any time a dealership attaches their diagnostic equipment to the bike.  Internal mods aren't as obvious, but can still be detected if you have a failure that requires disassembly for diagnosis and repair.  If anyone is in a position where having to pay for a major failure out of pocket would be a big problem, they probably shouldn't modify anything more involved than perhaps a muffler.  If Harley's were highly reliable and had no major ongoing issues, it wouldn't be a huge risk. 

JMHO - Jerry
Well said.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.