Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac 2" Cores  (Read 12568 times)

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
Re: Fullsac 2" Cores
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 07:32:22 AM »

I did not know there is baseline (maps?programs?) downloads for SERT's.  I was always under the impression you needed a dyno to use the SERT.

The 09 bikes require version 2 of the Super SERT software.  As long as you have the software you can do exactly what the tuners do and apply the starting basemap that is closest to your configuration.  The base config releases moco from the EPA liability since it is for race use only and will let some of your horses out.  It is not 100% optimized, but is safe to use as long as the map you load is basically the same as your bike config. I ran mine through a ton of road tests after applying it and the bike performed flawlessly.   

The CVO 1800 cc engines have two maps that are stock in the software.  205UJ003.dt0 is the one that is configured for a stock CVO 110 bike that has a SE Air Cleaner (come stock with our bikes) and a Race Exhaust.  They also provide the MAP called 205UK003.dt0 that is for a modified engine.  You need the 260 cams, 58mm throttle body, high-flow injectors, etc. for this one.  All you need to do is apply 205UJ003 to your bike and drive away. 

Is there a post that goes into that at all?  I would like to get more info.

There is a post on the 1130cc forum that goes through version 1 of the software step by step.  Version 2 is basically the same. 

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99969

moco also sells a how to DVD.  It is ok, but is a bit of overkill for someone just wanting to apply a basemap. The 1130cc post above has all of the info needed to do that. 

Any chance we can see the dyno maps?  Are there any big dips or are they pretty good lines?

My bike is at the shop now finishing up my dyno race tuned map.  I hope to pick it up tomorrow.  I will post the end result dyno graph when I get it.  However, I do have the one that was the exhaust changes only and the map above applied (see attached).  The blue lines are the ones with the changes and the red line is stock.  The power curve is much smoother with new exhaust and SERT basemap. 

By the way it sounds like there a few of us in the Chicago area, count me in for any future rides.
I am in Saint Charles.

Count me in any time you guys want to ride as well.  I'm always looking for someone to ride with. 

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 09:58:32 PM »

Jim

Great stuff, is 32109-08 the right super sert for 2009's?  Also does it come with version 2, I know I will need to buy the cables.

Thanks
Guppy

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 10:20:21 PM »

Great stuff, is 32109-08 the right super sert for 2009's?  Also does it come with version 2, I know I will need to buy the cables.

The 32109-08A is the latest version.  -08 will work with a firmware update provided free via a download using version 2 of the Super SERT Software

No software comes with the race tuner.  You need 3 parts in order to apply your own maps:

32109-08A - Super SERT Race Tuner
32111-09 - Version 2 of the tuner software
32184-08 - Cable Kit for SE Pro Super Tuner

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 10:21:58 PM »

great info jim ,

keep us up to date , :2vrolijk_21:

as I have the 09 cuse 4 s/b (just picked up)  ordered monster ovals and the air cleaner from the road glide like you  have on your scoot,finally good #s to come out of these engines (not great) not bad though from not taking the engine apart

jon
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 10:33:40 PM »

My bike goes in for the 1600km this week. When I get it back I'm taking out the cat and installing the Fullsac 2" cores. Once that is done do I NEED to do anything else. I'm happy with the performance I just want a better sound. I keep reading about race tuners, remapping, downloads, etc. It's really all greek to me. I just want the bike to sound like a Hawg.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:35:24 PM by bribe36 »

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 07:52:10 AM »

My bike goes in for the 1600km this week. When I get it back I'm taking out the cat and installing the Fullsac 2" cores. Once that is done do I NEED to do anything else. I'm happy with the performance I just want a better sound. I keep reading about race tuners, remapping, downloads, etc. It's really all greek to me. I just want the bike to sound like a Hawg.

I would recommend buying a race tuner (see part numbers above) and flashing your ECM with the standard basemap.  You can do this on your own as long as you have basic computer skills. 

FYI, the O2 sensor will keep your bike safe with the exhaust changes, but only while it is running in closed loop mode.  When you exceed 3K (some say 4K) RPM or any time you do WOT the bike goes into open loop mode and relies on the ECM tables to calculate fuel/air mixtures.  In other words, the bike will be way too lean and could damage the engine after you make intake/exhaust changes of this magnitude. 

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 08:36:54 PM »

I would recommend buying a race tuner (see part numbers above) and flashing your ECM with the standard basemap.  You can do this on your own as long as you have basic computer skills. 

FYI, the O2 sensor will keep your bike safe with the exhaust changes, but only while it is running in closed loop mode.  When you exceed 3K (some say 4K) RPM or any time you do WOT the bike goes into open loop mode and relies on the ECM tables to calculate fuel/air mixtures.  In other words, the bike will be way too lean and could damage the engine after you make intake/exhaust changes of this magnitude. 

What?? "Flashing my ECM with the standard basemap" What? How do I do this?

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 08:50:52 PM »

What?? "Flashing my ECM with the standard basemap" What? How do I do this?

You need to order these parts form a H-D dealer:

32109-08A - Super SERT Race Tuner
32111-09 - Version 2 of the tuner software
32184-08 - Cable Kit for SE Pro Super Tuner

32111-09 is a computer program that is loaded on a laptop.  It is used to program your bikes electronic fuel injection/ignition system.  The 32109-08A SERT is a protocol converter that is used to convert your bikes ECM (Electronic Control Module) language to one your computer can understand.  The cables are what is used to connect everything together. 

Inside of the program there are different control files that are intended to alter how your bikes computer controls the fuel injection, ignition timing, throttle by wire, etc.  You need to select one of these canned maps that is closest to your configuration and load it on your bike.  It is easy to do, but you do need to know your way around a PC and have a basic understanding of how the bike is setup.  FYI, a dealer can do this for you if it is something you do not want to tackle on your own. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.