Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Replacement Key Fob  (Read 1351 times)

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
Replacement Key Fob
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:04:26 AM »

Hi

Has anyone had to purchase a new key fob from Harley because they do not have the original that came with the bike. I bought my 2004 SEEG used and the original owner can not find the fobs. I noticed they are only about $70 from Harley but will the Stealer have to do the programming or can I?
Keepsabeat

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Replacement Key Fob
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:50:39 AM »

You can assign the key fobs yourself.  Follow the procedure in the attachment.  BTW, you will also want to set the personal code so you can disarm the alarm without the fob.  Did you get an owner's manual or shop manual with the bike?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
Re: Replacement Key Fob
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:33:44 AM »

Thanks Jerry - I did get the manual and I was reading through the procedure and I was not sure you already needed one working fob for the programming to work. The bike was a bit of a fixer upper but I bought it at a decent price and have done just about all of the changes I had hoped to over the winter.

Thanks Again
Keepsabeat

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 25 queries.