Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: 2014 pictures  (Read 22942 times)

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
Re: 2014 pictures
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »

Yep... the new one-handed saddlebag lid latch and outward opening lids (like the Police bikes have had FOREVER) are two of the BEST things for 2014...  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

:nixweiss: I don't get it. My bags open out, and I don't know what the one-handed bags has over the current bag.   :nixweiss:  I can be in the saddle at a drug store drive-thru, lean over to my right, open the bag, throw in the prescription and close it all with one hand.  I'm not "showing off", but if I'm beside the bag, what's the big deal?  :nixweiss:
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,
Blacked out Day Maker LED's,
A couple of other upgrades,
What else is needed on a CVO?  Just knees in the breeze!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2013, 08:57:55 AM »

:nixweiss: I don't get it. My bags open out, and I don't know what the one-handed bags has over the current bag.   :nixweiss:  I can be in the saddle at a drug store drive-thru, lean over to my right, open the bag, throw in the prescription and close it all with one hand.  I'm not "showing off", but if I'm beside the bag, what's the big deal?  :nixweiss:

That will probably change after the first time down the road where you didn't either a) get the rear clip in or b) get both clips in half way in and the lid pops open on you.

The MoCo's drivel about being able to open the storage compartments without having to put your stuff on the ground is close to being on the mark.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2013, 11:11:11 AM »

That will probably change after the first time down the road where you didn't either a) get the rear clip in or b) get both clips in half way in and the lid pops open on you.

The MoCo's drivel about being able to open the storage compartments without having to put your stuff on the ground is close to being on the mark.

Ok.  I understand.  What I do is pull up on the lid and tell if one, the other or both clips caught.  I can do this seated (not that it is comfortable :-\).  If I am not in the saddle and standing in front of the bag, it's that much easier.  I always operate under the premise of securing the load.  Who doesn't right?

On putting gear on the ground, heck I have a pretty big seat facing me to set me gear on while I open the lid.  JMHO, it's a nice thought, but not really practical and making me go, "wow, I gotta have that!"  Lastly, as many have brought up, the loops on the interior look like an obstacle.  Who knows?  :rolleyes4:
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2013, 12:24:07 PM »

Softail
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2013, 12:48:55 PM »

Yeah but are you ambidextrous?   :drink:
Jesus is Lord

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2013, 01:11:14 PM »

:drink: Yup I can drink with either hand :2vrolijk_09:.  Seriously, I only use my right bag for day-to-day storage.  My left bag stays full 365 with safety gear: rain gear, bike cover, tire repair kit and tool kit.  I used to remove those things when not on trips, but I have had too many times that a short trip becomes a road trip or I run into a situation I need the gear.   :help:
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,

ultrarider123

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2013, 01:39:44 PM »

Nope, Baptist...... :huepfenlol2:

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2013, 01:40:26 PM »

I just test drove 2014 Street Glide Special. I was impressed with the radio, not to low for GPS use, I asked and they claim it is still Harman-Kardon( the GPS warning looks just like Garmin), Blue-tooth is sweet. The touch screen works well. I liked the new style hand controls. Cruise controls are now on the left side, joy stick switches are easy to use.

The ride is great very stable and easy to throw around, Brakes worked great and very aggressive when needed, ABS worked well.

The fairing vent was not as much an eye sore as I thought it would be. I think it helped with buffeting. The gauge array was very well laid out. The front fairing to lower trim is very clean fit, no gasket to mess with. Was told no more bracket to break off inside the fairing.

Power was good and really didn't noticed alot of heat.

The new Bags are easy to open and close. The new mount system has really been beefed up. No need for Bruckus security anymore. The attachment system are totally enclosed with metal. The new way to mount detachable hardware is really sweet.

Overall better experience that I thought I would have.

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:06:40 PM by hdbrad03 »
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »

Alright Brad, a report that really gives us some good input on the new bikes.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »

I'm a real sucker for that blue one on the first page, looks great! Good idea trying to cool these engines down a little more, but not crazy about how they did it. I sure hope they beefed-up the charging system and battery for all that extra electricity being used. Just picture yourself in a traffic jam idling with all your lights on ... running lights, headlights, driving lights, brake lights, radio blaring, pushing in the cigarette lighter to have a smoke, any extra accessories you've added and now throw a pair of electric fans and water pump into the picture?? Sure ... none of us intentionally plan to get stuck in heavy traffic, but it can happen time to time even trying your hardest to stay away from it. Sounds like a lot of strain on the battery when  you know these don't charge much with extended idling until you're around 1000-1500 ... can't help the way my weird mind thinks sometimes.

I'm seriously considering a new Indian if I don't keep mine, but not sure until I see one in person and ride one. I love my bike, but often get bored with stuff when the novelty wares off and want something "new and better" when that always isn't the case ... decisions, decisions. 
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.