Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: 2014 pictures  (Read 23754 times)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Re: 2014 pictures
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »

Just checked, the CVO Ultra Limited weighs 944 pounds.
I love the bikes but they need to be lighter!
That weight is a deal stopper for me.
I guess Harley forgot to check the demographics of their customers.
As we get older 944 pounds is a bunch.

And to think they could have added REVERSE, for us old guys that don't want busted ba....s!!

Taz

SBB
The "TAZMUN"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2013, 02:46:45 PM »

Anyone else notice there are 5 more places for swiches. All ready for upcoming additions

Sure did.  With fuller implementation of the CAN bus they'll regain so much physical space and systems capacity that used to go to harnesses.  Systems evolution might bring a host of new options.  Or in 10 years those will be the "nostalgic button covers" whose only use was to be covered by P&A chrome covers.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »

The Orange/Black SERK looks good. To bad no audio / Lowers.
My question is; How hot will your feet now be with those Radiator's Radiating Heat right  there?

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »

cut away shot

Nice routing on the water pipping above the air intake manifold. Lets Super Heat the air after the MAP Sensor has already determine the intake air pressure and temperature!

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »

That's why it needs to be a V-Quad Rod engine!

I don't think a V Quad motor would be any good. I owned a V Rod and they live above 5k rpm and red line above 10k. Not to mention they have a lot of HP and no TQ. In a heavy bike you need good TQ numbers to move the bike. HP numbers are for bragging rights only. I am concerned with the extra weight of the CVO Ultras.

After looking at the new bikes I really like the changes. It looks like Harley is finally trying to do something besides stick it to us with the 110 motor. I can only hope they get the motor problems fixed. I am sooooo happy I have Saphire, so the chance of me looking hard at the 14's are very slim.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »

I am just happy that RGC CVO are not in the horizon for a few more years, and then there is the  known fact that no blue RGC CVOs will be made until after 2018... So I will not be tempted to change my bike for awhile... ???  :coolblue:
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2013, 05:49:04 AM »

I am just happy that RGC CVO are not in the horizon for a few more years, and then there is the  known fact that no blue RGC CVOs will be made until after 2018... So I will not be tempted to change my bike for awhile... ???  :coolblue:
Can you elaborate on this a little??
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2013, 07:49:48 AM »

Can you elaborate on this a little??

Just making stuff up to stay put with the bike I have now...  ::)  I hope you understand... ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:53:27 AM by wachuko »
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

Re: Re: Re: 2014 pictures
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2013, 11:11:36 AM »

Just making stuff up to stay put with the bike I have now...  ::)  I hope you understand... ;)
phew. At the going rate, I'll be ready for a new one in '15 or '16..... unless of course they don't make a blue one.:'(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »

:D

That doesn't look like enough liquid to cool down a weed eater on a hot day. Can't wait to hear how much cooler these motors will run.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2013, 10:24:42 PM »

From the Roadglide.org and also a few photos I took today.  And obviously, these are not photos of a CVO... so pardon the photos of a normal SG...  ...loved everything about the new bikes. .

I also took a photo looking into the side vent on the lower

Quote from: throttles&triggers;873858
I just spent several hours viewing the 2014 lineup at my dealer and, in particular, the EG Limited.  Since many have posted pics, I won't take up space with those.  I am impressed with the new touring line features overall and think most of the refinements for 2014 are beneficial.

The new batwing with the operating vent, new gauges and the infotainment center are pretty darn cool.  The vent can be fully closed or fully opened (no in between) with the touch of a flush mount button to the left of the vent on top of the dash.  The aesthetics of the front of the fairing don't bother me at all and the view from the seat is a definite update. If the vent does what it should it will make riding a Batwing much more enjoyable. The new gauges have been reduced by two as the air temp and the oil pressure information have been incorporated into the infotainment center with the appropriate selection from the screen menu.  The tach and speedo are slightly larger than the fuel and volt gauges that have been increased in size and all are easier to read than the previous model.  The daymaker lamps up front and the LED tour pak lighting will make visibilty and being visible far better than before.  Having owned a couple of Ultras in the past, I found the Limited to be very familiar but somehow more comfortable given the updates to the hand controls, bars, seating, and fairing.  The hand controls are very well designed and intuitive after a few minutes with them.  They are easy to use and are designed to allow the rider to control most of the functions without removing your hands from the grips.  The one function cruise control button is better in that you don't have to reach forward to the former rocker control, it is all one button that has been moved to the left hand control.  The trip mileage button as been moved the top of the left control and can be simply depressed with the index finger instead of reaching forward to depress.  Each side has a miniature "joystick" that scroll through the features of the infotainment screen.  After a few minutes I was navigating my way around very quickly.  The screen has touchscreen capability, as well.  The turn signals, start and kill switch buttons have not moved, but there is a single function flasher button now.  The only remaining dash mount button is for the daymaker highway lights and it is clearly marked.  There is a slick little fairing compartment on the right side of the touch screen designed for storage of an Ipod, Iphone, etc. with the port wiring already in place....very cool.  The ignition switch has been given a softer, more oval shape.  I believe all touring models have the hydraulic clutch now.

The saddlebags and tour pak look more contemporary in their softer lines and although the tour pak looks muck sleeker than before it is said to hold more.  It has a retractable tether rather than the fixed cord and seems to open wider than before.   One hand opening from the single larger latch is very easy.  The saddlebags have a very nice one hand opening latch, but inside are two metal loops that retain the latches.  The loops look like stored items could snag on them coming in or out of the saddlebags.  The liners are nicer than the previous models had.  The new front fender is trimmer and reveals more of the wheel and rotor.

I like the look of the new airbox, I think the "football" had served its time.  This sits directly behind the right side opening in the lower fairing that operates as a vent.  The new vent slides on the lower fairing do not work smoothly at all.  The vents pivot in the middle and there is a plastic slide that moves left or right to open or close the vent.  I tried this on several bikes and  if you aren't carrying some paraffin wax, forget it.  I thought I was going to break one.  The radiators and fans have been neatly concealed into the balance of the lower fairings and the appearance from the front is first class.  You do lose the storage of the glove boxes in the lowers of the twin cooled bikes.  On the RG Ultra the boxes have a hinged opening rather than the plastic to metal snap on door as before.

I did not ride any of the bikes but did fire one up.  The Limited twin cool motor has the distinct Harley sound with maybe a little more growl to it.  It is not quieter at idle as I thought it might be.  Give it the gas and it barks to life...I can't wait to go back and ride one to try the motor, suspension and brakes.

The dealership was loaded with new Limiteds, SGs, RKs, Dynas and Sportsters.  I saw one Ultra, but the SGs ruled the floor.  I did not see any 2014 softtails today.  They said the SGs were selling as fast as they could get them to the floor and they had moved several Limiteds, as well.

The SG and Limited are offered in a new color called Daytona Blue Pearl that come with their own custom striping and graphics and eliminate the metal tank badge.  

Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S

Cyclegirl

• Loven Life on the Road
  • Full CVO Member
    • NM

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Special
    • Cycle adventures
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2013, 09:37:04 PM »

Bags are more rounded....really....they copy a Yamaha!
- Renay

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2013, 10:05:01 PM »

I got to see a new SGS tonight. Not a bad looking bike. I like the fact that the attachment points on the bags are now "protected" from thieves with screwdrivers. It will prolly take some real thinking to get them off in under a minute like the current setup.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »

I like the look of the new saddlebags. They are rounded but ever so slightly. Love, Love the new one handed latch.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2013, 11:34:41 PM »

I like the look of the new saddlebags. They are rounded but ever so slightly. Love, Love the new one handed latch.

Yep... the new one-handed saddlebag lid latch and outward opening lids (like the Police bikes have had FOREVER) are two of the BEST things for 2014...  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.