Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® V-Rod®

New Red VRod SE

<< < (2/7) > >>

110tHunDer:

--- Quote ---I WISH I HAD LEFT THE BIKE STOCK. It was plenty fast and no spits or hiccups. I will probably trade it in for 2006 and leave the new one alone. Hope this keeps someone else from throwing $1500 out the window.
--- End quote ---

Can't you simply put it back to stock instead of taking another hit in the wallet on a trade?

SEFAN:
How? I don't quite understand these "downloads". Is there a factory "download' that puts the bike back to factory specs? Also it would require all new fatory pipes. I have not checked the catalog but I would imagine that would be in the $1000 range(headers, hardware and slipons). Plus can I trust the local dealer to do all this after they recommended the current set up?. I have thought of that but I fear things would only get worse.

grc:

--- Quote ---How? I don't quite understand these "downloads". [bgcolor=Yellow]Is there a factory "download' that puts the bike back to factory specs?[/bgcolor] Also it would require all new fatory pipes. I have not checked the catalog but I would imagine that would be in the $1000 range(headers, hardware and slipons). Plus can I trust the local dealer to do all this after they recommended the current set up?. I have thought of that but I fear things would only get worse.
--- End quote ---

Yes - any dealer can flash the ECM with the original map.  Of course, they will charge for that service.
One possibility to think about - sell the Race Tuner and the pipes to offset the cost of going back to stock.  What happened to the original pipes, by the way.  When I change pipes I always keep the originals "just in case".

Twolanerider:

--- Quote ---How? I don't quite understand these "downloads". Is there a factory "download' that puts the bike back to factory specs? Also it would require all new fatory pipes. I have not checked the catalog but I would imagine that would be in the $1000 range(headers, hardware and slipons). Plus can I trust the local dealer to do all this after they recommended the current set up?. I have thought of that but I fear things would only get worse.
--- End quote ---

The only thing about going back to "stock" that makes it less of a guessing game is that you have a fixed target.  You KNOW what "stock" was.  So you're actually replicating a pre-existing set of settings and parts rather than chasing some new performance and figuring it out as you go.

In other words; stock would be as stock used to be when the bike was new.  No guessing that way.

DaveW:
Hiya.
Just like to say I have recently ordered an SE V rod in red to ride round this little island called England [smiley=banana.gif].If like me you fell in love with it get the hell down their and buy it. Got a Sportster at the mo but Im'e selling it.
Regards.
daveW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version