Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Gap between seat and tanK?  (Read 84309 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Gap between seat and tanK?
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »

Well its obvious they know how to fix it!!!
It's just a matter of desire???

As a shareholder I guess I would ask why they were not changed in production to the stock seat as soon as it was discovered that they did not fit right?

Also I would be curious to know who dropped the ball by not getting in the vendor/suppliers pocket to make it right?

But that's just me

As a shareholder, the only thing they want you to do is to keep investing, and keep cashing them dividend checks they hope they can keep providing to you! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2009, 01:26:26 PM »

I just got my bike back from the dealer today. I had to have the seat replaced for a second time because of the gap in the seat. The new seat looks much better. It mates to the tank panel, feels much more sturdy. The pan has been redesigned and has a molded brace on it or should I say is part of it. It feels heavier. I don't know if it as comfy as the old one yet. I haven't rode it as I- well I live in Seattle.

I put the SESG seat on my std FLHX on 10-7-09; only around 250 miles so far; very comfortable; nice and low; I like this seat. The -10 part number of my seat does not have a letter suffix, yet the underside looks just like the photo in TJ’s reply Reply #40.

Can someone post a photo of the seat pan from a seat with a gap up front?

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »

I put the SESG seat on my std FLHX on 10-7-09; only around 250 miles so far; very comfortable; nice and low; I like this seat. The -10 part number of my seat does not have a letter suffix, yet the underside looks just like the photo in TJ’s reply Reply #40.

Based on the feedback from what the other guyz have heard from the MoCo I'm betting that TJ just thought he had a different seat.  I'd like to have some evidence that proves HD has done a revision based off of the flaws, but I think it has not occurred yet.  TJ's newest seat probably just fits better.  Perhaps his dealer modified the tab like they did for Red Devil, and pushed the seat forward.  End result in my estimation is that if they had a REAL fix it would be evident and others hear would know about it for sure.

It would be nice if HD would come to us (so to speak) and provide useful feedback from the use of this forum.  IMHO I think that a response would be much more likely to occur through their customer service channel, because they are expecting the client to come to them.

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2009, 09:43:14 PM »

Based on the feedback from what the other guyz have heard from the MoCo I'm betting that TJ just thought he had a different seat.  I'd like to have some evidence that proves HD has done a revision based off of the flaws, but I think it has not occurred yet.  TJ's newest seat probably just fits better.  Perhaps his dealer modified the tab like they did for Red Devil, and pushed the seat forward.  End result in my estimation is that if they had a REAL fix it would be evident and others hear would know about it for sure.

It would be nice if HD would come to us (so to speak) and provide useful feedback from the use of this forum.  IMHO I think that a response would be much more likely to occur through their customer service channel, because they are expecting the client to come to them.
It looks like I will get a chance to get on the road tomorrow. Ill know within a 100 mi if the seat is fixed or not. I can tell you that the tab has not been modified by the dealer. They would have had a hard time doing this while it was at home in my garage  ;) I waited I believe about four weeks for the new seat to be delivered. Went out and checked it again and it is definitely heavier than the first two whatever the reason. Ill post my observations of it this weekend.
TJ

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2009, 09:48:29 PM »

I hope they fixed you up man.  I guess I just thought they would be more proactive with getting the word out about the change.  In your case as long as your satisfied than that is great news.  Hopefully it is the beginning of a correction for the rest as well.

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2009, 09:14:14 PM »

OK Guys and Gals
I went out for a couple of hours on the replaced seat and t did not bent and show a gap. Whatever they did worked. I'm satisfied that it is as good as a stock seat will get. Now if only my Corbin would get here :'(
TJ

volfan615

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »

Would you mind sharing your case number with Harley?  Maybe that would help the rest of us when we call. 

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2009, 09:34:45 PM »

The picture in your post shows a seat already too short it should cover at least 1" of the dash panel
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »

Would you mind sharing your case number with Harley?  Maybe that would help the rest of us when we call. 
I don't have a case number with Harley. My dealer took care of it. I threw a fit after the second seat was worse than the first. Much worse, in fact the dealer was disgusted. I figure thats why I waited over a month for the next seat. They were waiting for a fix that actually a fix. They ordered a headlight for the bike because it was smoked up, it came in about a week. The seat was three weeks after that.
TJ

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2009, 09:25:06 AM »

I just picked my SESG up yesterday ... seat issue has NOT been addressed for bikes in Stage 2 delivery.
Somebody really dropped the ball at Harley for the new SESG seat, and as was mentioned before, very suprising given the history of the SERG.

I doubt we will ever see a resolution to it from the MoCo.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2009, 10:03:54 AM »

I am going to post some more pictures of the new seat.
TJ

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »

another This caught my eye. feels like something has been slid in there.
TJ

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »

again
TJ

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2009, 10:07:21 AM »

one more
TJ

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »

IMO opinion I would accept a new standard street glide or sundowner seat as a replacement and be done wit it. Even though I will probably go with a custom Corbin, Mustang or Saddlemen.

I'll never be happy with a repair I want a properly built seat!
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.