Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Gap between seat and tanK?  (Read 84313 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Gap between seat and tanK?
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »

Unless you have saddle-bag guards.

A big  :2vrolijk_21: to the MoCo for not spending 2 more hours addressing this issue and designing around core P&A.

Wouldn't have taken ten more minutes, rather than two hours.  Notch the bottom of the "bumper" to clear the guards, but then you would need a washer or insert to eliminate the gap if there was no guard installed.  That would add two more parts to the kit, something I'm sure they didn't want to do since this was supposed to be a cheap (emphasis CHEAP) fix rather than a good fix.

If anyone wants to add the guards, it should be a piece of cake to carve out the necessary clearance. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2010, 03:59:15 PM »

My Dealer tried to order, but the part number is not listed with Deeley (Canadian Importer). He's working on it.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »

My Dealer tried to order, but the part number is not listed with Deeley (Canadian Importer). He's working on it.

Read my post on the previous page. Your dealer's parts guy will NOT find a part number. Service will need to order through Tech Services using the Kit # on the instruction sheet  posted in this thread. The kit will be available for order on March 15th. First batch is all gone...

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »

Read my post on the previous page. Your dealer's parts guy will NOT find a part number. Service will need to order through Tech Services using the Kit # on the instruction sheet  posted in this thread. The kit will be available for order on March 15th. First batch is all gone...

My dealer couldn't find this today either but I gave him this info.
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
« Reply #229 on: March 08, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »

Greetings,

Interloper from the S/E Roadglide group here.  So the question is, and I can't get the part either and I work part-time at a dealer, who got the first batch and how??  I've had a complaint in about my seat since I first got my S/E Roadglide in Nov. 2008.   When we talked to Harley they claimed that they didn't know what we were talkin' about.  We gave them the number and a copy of the install directions.

Oh well, just venting.  The bikes only cost $30,000 why should HD give a chit!!!

SteveM

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »

See post #196 by grc
Hawg

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #231 on: March 09, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »

Went to the Harley Display at Riverfront in Daytona, Pointed out to the Rep that every bike displayed had the substandard seat. He gave me a card and tole me they would exchange mine under warranty. stated there was a new longer seat. Also told me of the support bumpers. I shared with him my dissatisfaction on that approach, modifying my bike to fit a seat is unacceptable.
I already have purchased 2 seats that fit how will they be affected by the "Fix" to the poorly designed seat?

Any way calling Customer service with the reference to the representative's information and I'll post the results.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2010, 07:46:12 PM »

Went to the Harley Display at Riverfront in Daytona, Pointed out to the Rep that every bike displayed had the substandard seat. He gave me a card and tole me they would exchange mine under warranty. stated there was a new longer seat. Also told me of the support bumpers. I shared with him my dissatisfaction on that approach, modifying my bike to fit a seat is unacceptable.
I already have purchased 2 seats that fit how will they be affected by the "Fix" to the poorly designed seat?

Any way calling Customer service with the reference to the representative's information and I'll post the results.

A new, longer seat would be news. I doubt it's true, but if you can confirm...

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2010, 08:02:56 PM »

Has anyone tried to install a riders backrest with the stock seat? I had the dealer install the adjustable riders backrest and the slot in the stock seat is to far back. It wouldn't work so the put on a few seats to try but the only one that worked (aligned with slot) was a big ugly seat. They tried a stock '10 SG seat but it was wrong then when I got home I tried my wife's '08 SG stock seat and it works OK so that's what I got on now. It looks decent but I don't want to spend big $ to get the stock SESG seat modified because the factory didn't get this right. The adjustable bracket is what is listed by Harley to fit??? :confused5:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #234 on: March 09, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »

Has anyone tried to install a riders backrest with the stock seat? I had the dealer install the adjustable riders backrest and the slot in the stock seat is to far back. It wouldn't work so the put on a few seats to try but the only one that worked (aligned with slot) was a big ugly seat. They tried a stock '10 SG seat but it was wrong then when I got home I tried my wife's '08 SG stock seat and it works OK so that's what I got on now. It looks decent but I don't want to spend big $ to get the stock SESG seat modified because the factory didn't get this right. The adjustable bracket is what is listed by Harley to fit??? :confused5:

I put the non-adjustable riders backrest on mine, and there were no fitment issues with the slot in the seat being to far back...must be something different with adjustable backrest bracket.  :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

warwick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »

Was at a dealership today and looked at a SESG with the stock seat.  It also struck me that the slot appeared to be placed too far behind the seat`s back support.

Could anyone with access to stock SG and SESG seats put them side by side and actually measure if the seat slots are located different?

Thanks
warwick

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »

I have a stock '08 SG and stock '10 SESG seat at home and I'll do this and post. The dealer tried a '10 SG seat and it didn't work so it seems that the '08SG and'10Sg seat have differences.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2010, 03:30:50 PM »

This conversation prompted me to finally bite the bullet and order a Mustang Solo w/ built-in backrest and matching 13.5" pillion. Will post pictures asap...
I have the seat "fix" bumpers on order, but will probably store them with the stock seat for the "next guy." Strongly considering full rear crash guards to protect the bags in case of a tip over and that wouldn't work with the seat fix kit anyway.

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »

Here is a picture of a '08 SG seat and a '10 SESG seat the cutout is 1.5" further back on the '10 SESG seat and the pan is different also which adds to the riders adjustable backrest not fitting properly on with the '10 SESG seat.

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »

A pic of the '10 SESG seat on bike with adjustable backrest mounted.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 25 queries.