Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: Gap between seat and tanK?  (Read 84315 times)

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
Re: Gap between seat and tanK?
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2010, 11:35:51 PM »

I have the Adjustable Mounting Hardware installed, but not a backrest yet.  This photo is in the full back position:
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »

This photo is after I installed the Mustang Seat Bracket http://www.jpcycles.com/product/820-195 that I bought before the dealer had a fix for the gap issue.  It pushes the seat forward about a half inch.  Again this is in the Full Back Position:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:36:24 AM by ScreaminStreetGlide »

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »

It didn't eliminate the problem, but helped a little and the difference in seat position is non-perceptable to me (6'3", 34" inseam).  I wonder why the grab strap doesn't cover the slot?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:28:47 AM by ScreaminStreetGlide »

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2010, 01:25:46 AM »

A pic of the '10 SESG seat on bike with adjustable backrest mounted.

In that photo is the backrest pushed back as far as it goes?  Or all the way forward?  can the backrest even be pushed forward for passenger mount and dismount?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:30:58 AM by ScreaminStreetGlide »

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2010, 07:36:43 AM »

In the photo the backrest was moved forward about half way which is where I can sit comfortably. I removed the stock seat and put on my wife's '08 SG seat on as she has a solo seat on her bike. It looks good and the slot in the seat is in good alignment, I'll take a picture of it on the bike with the backrest in the riding position and post it. When I was at the dealer they tried a stock '10 SG seat but it didn't align well so the put on a HD Sundowner seat but the back pad portion is huge and IMO looked wrong.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »

Here is a picture of a '08 SG seat and a '10 SESG seat the cutout is 1.5" further back on the '10 SESG seat and the pan is different also which adds to the riders adjustable backrest not fitting properly on with the '10 SESG seat.

Those two years were different frames, so not much can be derived from a comparison. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2010, 02:13:24 PM »

I've done what I can as far as the stock seat goes and am still not happy.  I just did something completely out of character for me.  I went with function over form instead of my usual form over function and ordered a Sun Ray heated seat.  The wife will be thrilled.

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »

I know the frame changed in '09 and the seat as well because the '10 SG seat did not align as well as the '08 SG seat. I do not have a '10 SG seat but I wanted to show that the '08 would work with an adjustable riders backrest. I may do the same and breakdown to order a custom seat so I can use the adjustable backrest as I am not comfortable riding without one since I had spinal surgery in '03. With the adjustable I have no problems with lower back pain but now that Harley didn't design the stock SESG seat or maybe the adjustable bracket that would align I have seat pain :(

CVOBros2

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE SESG Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »

After reading this thread I went and looked at my seat and noticed what everyone was talking about.  Yesterday at my dealer I sat on and looked at the standard Street Glide seat and I have to say I like it much better than the SESG seat!  It was more firm, fit better, and gave me some added leg room that the low slung SESG seat doesn't.  I'm considering buying a standard seat or even the Tall Boy seat for comfort, which sucks after paying this much for a bike!!!   :confused5: :soapbox:

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »

After reading this thread I went and looked at my seat and noticed what everyone was talking about.  Yesterday at my dealer I sat on and looked at the standard Street Glide seat and I have to say I like it much better than the SESG seat!  It was more firm, fit better, and gave me some added leg room that the low slung SESG seat doesn't.  I'm considering buying a standard seat or even the Tall Boy seat for comfort, which sucks after paying this much for a bike!!!   :confused5: :soapbox:

Sounds like you're tall. Just noticed that Mustang has two new seats. One moves you back 1.25", the other 1.75"...

CVOBros2

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE SESG Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »

It's not that I'm so tall. It's just my previous bike was a FLSTSB Cross Bones and it was a very comfortable bike, once you got used to the Mini-apes and the very tall sprung seat.  If you have never sat on a Cross Bones, set on one and see why I feel much more cramped up on the SESG.

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »

If you find a take off seat for sale it might be less $. I plan on keeping the '08 SG seat as it fits better with the adjustable riders backrest.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2010, 10:05:32 PM »

I installed the seat fix two weeks ago and have put 600 miles in the saddle. No more gap, works fine.

Got my seat bumper kit installed and used a longer rear mounting bracket and it looks good while off the bike but there is still a small gap while mounted.  I'm going to look for an aftermarket seat.  Anyone got some suggestions?
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2010, 10:04:08 PM »

Well in spite of what they told me in Daytona about a longer seat available they are insisting my dealer install the seat supports to my frame first. Then if there is still an issue ( as I know there will be) They will move froward from there. No significant plan they are saving a dime to lose a dollar. they should have built it correctly in the first place. There is no excuse that all the bikes in their displays at Bike week were all sporting poorly fit seats. Their supposedly Elite CVO products There is no way in my business I would allow something this obviously wrong to reach my clients?

I guess there is no pride in workmanship involved at the MOCO?
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Rum
« Reply #254 on: March 22, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »

Notch the bottom of the "bumper" to clear the guards, but then you would need a washer or insert to eliminate the gap if there was no guard installed.

Has anyone done this?
“They don’t know that we know they know we know.”
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.