Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Engine cleaning, trying to make old, look new again  (Read 8311 times)

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
Re: Engine cleaning, trying to make old, look new again
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 12:32:23 PM »

hmmmmmm  ok, let me put it this way. The dog's name is Mickey, but the letters on the dog house are B B

B B

Oh man I can help you on that one, my wife got a little Maltese that lives in the house with us, so I get to stay in the house, usely in the other bedroom though, but atleast I dont wake up with fleas and have to clean them off  :2vrolijk_21:

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 05:57:32 PM »

i like to use hydrogen peroxide on the bugs. they fiz up and come off easy and it doesnt hurt anything. for engine i like s100 cycle clean-spray on rinse off works great

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »

Oh man I can help you on that one, my wife got a little Maltese that lives in the house with us, so I get to stay in the house, usely in the other bedroom though, but atleast I dont wake up with fleas and have to clean them off  :2vrolijk_21:

I mentioned to Bubba_T yesterday that I was thinking of moving the sofa bed and a TV into the garage. She can have the other 12 rooms

B B

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 11:02:17 AM »

I mentioned to Bubba_T yesterday that I was thinking of moving the sofa bed and a TV into the garage. She can have the other 12 rooms

B B

YOu dont have a TV in the garage!!  Shame on you! XM, TV, fridge. So far.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 10:16:49 PM »

I think you may have it wrong ( oven-cleaner people swear by it ). I would think that it actually should " people swear at it " after ruining their engine paint surface. ;D

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »

After cleaning bugs and gunk off of the engine with WD-40 and a small brush, (I wouldn't dare use my wife's toothbrush, I value my cajones too much :nervous:), I use the S100 motor treatment spray.  Has a great applicator that you put between the fins and you give a a short shot.  Brightens up the engine really nice and gives it a new appearance.  Keep in mind though, that I think this is just for the black and silver engines :nixweiss:, but that's all I've ever had on my rides. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 02:15:17 PM »

I use WD-40 to get the black gunk off between the engine and transmission housing.  Rest of the engine gets scrubbed with a brush.  The only S100 product I ever liked was the engine brightener, but I thought it was only for black engines.  Seems like that stuff attracts alot of road dust.  Sure did look nice when first applied tho'.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 02:17:37 PM »

I use WD-40 to get the black gunk off between the engine and transmission housing.  Rest of the engine gets scrubbed with a brush.  The only S100 product I ever liked was the engine brightener, but I thought it was only for black engines.  Seems like that stuff attracts alot of road dust.  Sure did look nice when first applied tho'.

Henry

Ya KNOW how using those scientific terms makes a BSR swoon!! Black gunk!! See even I can understand technical terms like that *proud smiles*
I like shiny stuff!

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 02:22:50 PM »

Henry

Ya KNOW how using those scientific terms makes a BSR swoon!! Black gunk!! See even I can understand technical terms like that *proud smiles*

I started to call it "black chit," and I was gonna use the letter "s" where I used the letter "c," but decided to be a good little fully assimilated, CVO Borg.

;D

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »

I started to call it "black chit," and I was gonna use the letter "s" where I used the letter "c," but decided to be a good little fully assimilated, CVO Borg.

;D

No worries! I'm quite familiar with that technical term, as well. I AM married to Hogbreath ya know! Typically it's prefaced by the word BULL in this house. ;)

I like shiny stuff!

REGGAB

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »

No worries! I'm quite familiar with that technical term, as well. I AM married to Hogbreath ya know! Typically it's prefaced by the word BULL in this house. ;)

I can't say four letter nasties in the house...........well, truth be told, it's Renea's house.  I just pay for it.  Anyway, four letter nasties mean I'll get the stink eye at best, or end up having to fight the CVO Boxers for space on the couch at worst.  Renea is a little bitty thing, but she's a real spitfire if you piss her off.

Did we just jack this thread?   :jack:
;D ;D ;D

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »

This is going to sound weird but use lemon pledge let it soak and soften the bugs then use a car wash cleaner to clean again. I use Lemon Pledge on paint , windshield , it works great and does not harm anything. :bananarock:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 01:43:51 PM »

Nothing but S100 for me.  The stuff WORKS! 
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 01:06:37 PM »

I used S1000 once .It cleaned the bike OK but it killed all the grass from the runoff. I think it makes a better weed killer than cleaner. KB
kb

Slowride262

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 01:02:42 PM »

Starting Fluid.
Takes off any oil or grease seems to work way better then Brake Cleaner but only use it outside or a WELL VENTED PLACE!!!!
It also won't hurt any painted surfaces.
You Can't Win At A Game Of LOSERS
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.