Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2019 GTS radio retrofit interface cable  (Read 7763 times)

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
Re: 2019 GTS radio retrofit interface cable
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 11:33:44 AM »

Hi
 good luck, dealers will tell u it can't be done im sure because its not a dealer part the harness. A lot of them don't like to think outside of the box and don't like to tackle projects like that

Let us know
        Jon Jr
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 04:45:48 PM »

After riding through Indiana and Michigan today trying to use the navigation..... The 18 version sucks, garbage, will get replaced. My phone was far more useful and faster.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 09:53:19 PM »

I always use my phone just use the bike nav to see the big map. I use the Sena headset bluetooth to my phone.

vidof16

• vidof16
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2019, 05:06:46 PM »

2017 CVO Limited with WHIM.  Bought radio fro Utah guy, fits perfect, has to be flashed by dealer Works Great!

Rlamb54301

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2019, 12:17:42 AM »

DONE.  This entire process took me about 5 weeks or so start to finish.  I bought a brand new GTS Radio on Ebay for $1471 with shipping.  You need the new Sirius XM module for the GTS Radio.  The XM Module from the 6.5 will not work in the newer GTS Radio.  I bought that too.  I also bought the integration module from SOUNDZ for $450.  All this was not cheap.......but MUCH less than a new bike.  My 2016 Road Glide CVO now has the new and fully functional GTS Radio.  I am thrilled to death!!!!!  If you have the skills to take the outer fairing off you have the skill to replace the radio.  It was quite easy.  You do have to have HD flash the bike for you.  My dealer flashed it wrong the first time......I took it back for the correct flash and everything is perfect.  I could not be happier.  Also just as a note......there is a gentleman on this thread from AZ that was very supportive of this effort and I thank him sincerely.  If you want the GTS Radio and you are willing to spend the money.......DO IT.  You will be very happy.  Thank you.  Rick

Rlamb54301

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2019, 12:34:03 AM »

Also.....I have the WHIM........but you do NOT have to have it as I understand.  The SOUNDZ adapter / module looks exactly like the picture at the start of this thread.  I use an Android phone.......but......I use my old iphone 5 for tunes......i plug it in via the glovebox on the right and it is useful for the Apple car play functions even without phone service.

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2019, 12:46:57 AM »

You need the new Sirius XM module for the GTS Radio.  The XM Module from the 6.5 will not work in the newer GTS Radio.

I had the new radio installed and i did not need a new XM Module.  The one i had works fine. 

1BdBagr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2019, 03:18:07 PM »

After riding through Indiana and Michigan today trying to use the navigation..... The 18 version sucks, garbage, will get replaced. My phone was far more useful and faster.
I put the new GTS Boom head unit in my 15 SG with the SOUNDZ module and have only used the HD nav for the low fuel feature and finding a gas station. I pretty much either use Apple maps with the CarPlay feature or listen to the music also via CarPlay (either thru the WHIM and my helmet or thru the bike's stereo speakers).
I have used Siri via the helmet getting directions or finding places with no problem. Now if only i could get my 15 Street Glide to run as good as a M8 lol.
Tim
someday i'll have a CVO...

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 12:59:09 AM »

I put the new GTS Boom head unit in my 15 SG with the SOUNDZ module and have only used the HD nav for the low fuel feature and finding a gas station. I pretty much either use Apple maps with the CarPlay feature or listen to the music also via CarPlay (either thru the WHIM and my helmet or thru the bike's stereo speakers).
I have used Siri via the helmet getting directions or finding places with no problem. Now if only i could get my 15 Street Glide to run as good as a M8 lol.
Tim

What was needed to change the heads units??   I have a 2018 and my 6.5 head unit is having issues, I was hoping the units would switch out seemlessly, because I believe the new units are better for glare on the Road Glides. 

Thanks for any information.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.