Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHTCUSE3 Electra Glide CVO 2008 questions  (Read 2172 times)

mbracing

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
FLHTCUSE3 Electra Glide CVO 2008 questions
« on: January 27, 2023, 01:36:33 PM »

Hi all
Yesterday I posted the same questions in my presentation but may be it wasn't the right place to get a reply!  :oops:
I just bought a FLHTCUSE3 Electra Glide CVO 2008 with just 8500kms, it was belonging to a collector that basically never used it.
It is in that beautiful copper-gold-black color typical of that year, the 105th Anniversary edition.
The H-D is completely stock including the original tyres that obviously I'll change soon!
I never had before a CVO H-D and my first question is if this model and in particular the 110 c.i. Screamin Eagle engine has some issues and if there is any specific suggestion/modification/upgrade. I'm not searching for more power etc. but I just want a reliable bike that I can use with peace of mind.
Second question is regarding the special paint: with just 8500kms from new my H-D is almost like new but in a couple of places there are small scratches, there is a touch-up paint kit available or at least the paint color codes are available somewhere?
With many thanks in advance and best regards from Italy.
mbracing

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: FLHTCUSE3 Electra Glide CVO 2008 questions
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 06:05:58 PM »

Welcome my friend.. Sounds like a good find... I would be aware of the problematic compensator and would replace the lifters at 20,000 miles. With proper maintenance
you should have a good bike....Have fun..Yea read your year wrong mb. Interesting story on the Italian rules about the tail lights....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 08:57:50 AM by ultra13 »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 06:20:08 PM »

you do indeed have 2008 anniversary model! on this site referred to as a duracell. like the d cell batterys! u will want to make sure the recall was done on this model. anything produced before may 2008 had head gasket issues! i think u can check the harley website and enter the v.i.n. number to find out if the recall was performed. lifter are of main concern on the 110 engine. many threads on this here on this site. use the search engine for tons of info. radio usually need updated on this year model most folks on this site use iron cross audio.hope this helps.the recall has expired and the head gaskets will be ur expense. nice bike :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

mbracing

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 03:28:17 AM »

Welcome my friend... Looks like what you have is the 2007 CVO Ultra yes... It came with a leather tour pack. So it looks like someone removed the leather one and painted and installed a Classic tour pack being there are no lights in it.. Sounds like a good find... I would be aware of the problematic compensator and would replace the lifters at 20,000 miles. With proper maintenance
you should have a good bike....Have fun..

Hi thanks for the suggestions but my H-D is a 2008 105 Anniversary CVO, not a 2007 model. The Tour Pack lights were not allowed here due to our regulations, therefore no any CVO sold in Italy was having them fitted.
Regards
mbracing
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 04:44:19 AM by mbracing »

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 09:24:22 PM »

Wonderful find. I know you will enjoy it.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 08:56:22 PM »

It's a good idea to upgrade the inner cam bearings to full compliment bearings (pic on the left is the upgrade right is the HD bearing)  the HD bearings have been known to fail resulting in major costly repairs for an Inexpensive upgrade, also get rid of the HD primary chain auto tensioner they can over tighten the chain resulting in clutch hub and inner primary case bearing for the transmission input shaft to fail resulting in costly repairs, again inexpensive upgrade to prevent an expensive repair. 
A good tensioner is the Hayden M6 primary tensioner it will maintain the primary chain tension and absorbs the chains deflection on acceleration and deceleration. It will remove any possibility of the chain over tightening and maintain the chains correct deflection.
Enjoy your ride be safe.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 08:58:16 PM »

mbracing

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2023, 06:06:05 AM »

Thank you Longlast
Where it is possible to order the upgraded bearings and all the other parts like the chain tensioner?
Kind regards
mbracing

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2023, 07:59:06 AM »

Thank you Longlast
Where it is possible to order the upgraded bearings and all the other parts like the chain tensioner?
Kind regards
mbracing

This pic is the info for the cams inner casings bearings, the link is ebay Hayden M6 primary tensioner,..you can ebay them at your end these are just a reference.for you, also the pic shows the bearings size needed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385168821776?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kaplb5cvsis&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Qci7dL0sRO-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 08:04:42 AM by longlast »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2023, 04:33:30 PM »

Congrats on your new ride... A very wise choice if I do say so myself!   ;D

I've had my Duracell since new and now have 175,000+ K's on the dial and she runs like a champ, "touch wood".   :2vrolijk_21:

Always had regular maintenance, on schedule, from authorized H-D shops, and no major concerns, again "touch wood".

I wish you all the very best for many, many happy worry free and safe miles ahead.

Cheers,
Mike
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 06:10:28 AM »

Welcome from Germany and greetings to Italy. Congrats to your "Duracell"   ;)

Keep it in a regular maintenance and enjoy riding it.
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 25 queries.