Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: immigrant search - relatives of the Le Noury family  (Read 1453 times)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
immigrant search - relatives of the Le Noury family
« on: January 04, 2010, 05:22:46 PM »

Throughout the course of history most surnames have undergone change for many reasons. A father and son may have spelt their name differently. Many are simple spelling changes by a person who spoke his name, phonetically, to a scribe, a priest, or a recorder. Many names held prefixes or suffixes which almost became optional as they passed through the centuries, or were adopted by different branches to signify either a political or religious adherence. Hence, we have many variations in this name, Noury some of which are Nourry, Le Noury, Nourie, Nowrie, Nourrie, Le Nourry, Nowry Norries Norris but all are included in the basic french origin of the surname.

i have recently started compiling my family tree and managed to trace back the male lineage as far as 1768 to Thomas Le Noury, my gggggrandfather all of this lineage have been born like myself in the small channel island of Guernsey situated to the north west of france, some descendants of the female lineage Nicolas Falla with his children have emigrated to USA about 100 years ago,................. other Le Noury`s have emigrated to Canada, South Africa, Australia

Do we have any forum members with or know of the above listed family names?

nigel le noury       1958 (me)
stanley john le noury    1929-2009    tomato grower       married barbara dowinton   1932-
john lennox le noury    1906-1974    tomato grower        married christine ozanne   1903-1994
john ogier le noury    1871-19??       quarryman       married selina mahy      1872-19??
john le noury       1838-190?       quarryman       married martha ogier      1840-189?
nicholas le noury    1799-1869    master quarryman    married judith le roy      1798-1875
Thomas le noury    1768-1846     occupation unknown    married judith le tissier   1769-1848

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.