Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: 5 K CVO CLUB  (Read 47784 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: 5 K CVO CLUB
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2007, 12:43:45 PM »

Missed this when it came up.

Well done Rog and thanks for your input to some of the questions I have raised. I see you have bumped on nearly another 300 posts since hitting your 5k.

Cheers,

Nige

Thanks Nige, I have posted some, got involved with a Traxxion fork upgrade and some other stuff that counted up quickly.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »

Roger....don't know how I missed this event...guess my head has been in other places lately.  It's been great getting to know you, even if thus far it's only been through cyberspace.  We missed each other in MV and looks like we'll do so again on my end in Canada, but I've no doubt we'll cross paths in the not too distant future.  It goes without saying that I enjoy reading whatever it is you have to say, and feeding off your sense of humor is right up my alley.  Keep up the good work and I hope I'll get to shake your hand before the year is out.   :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2007, 09:57:06 PM »

Roger....don't know how I missed this event...guess my head has been in other places lately.  It's been great getting to know you, even if thus far it's only been through cyberspace.  We missed each other in MV and looks like we'll do so again on my end in Canada, but I've no doubt we'll cross paths in the not too distant future.  It goes without saying that I enjoy reading whatever it is you have to say, and feeding off your sense of humor is right up my alley.  Keep up the good work and I hope I'll get to shake your hand before the year is out.   :2vrolijk_21:

Howie was distracting you I imagine.

I'm sure we will meet one of these days and I look forward to it.  Thanks for the stuff you get us onto and I'm really looking forward to the front forks returning and getting to ride them.  Wish you were making it to Nelson.  Rog

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »

Well I think I'll revive this thread myself for my 5000th Post!

As I tread into hallowed ground here, where only 6 others have gone before here, I thought I'd reflect on how this site has impacted my life in the last 8 months.

I came here shortly after lurking awhile, 2 months after I ordered my CVO. I'd been riding HD’s for years and pretty much bleed Black and Orange! I've always been intrigued by the CVO’s, but they never made my CVO. Until this year! A Black SERK! That would be the only CVO I'd ever consider. Then it appeared on my screen one day, a Black CVO Road King, 110 cu in, 6 speed, cool flame job, 18” front &17” wide rear with Radial tires. Perfect in every way! After owning 4 Road Kings, they finally got everything right on this bike! So I thought then anyway. Then I start searching for everything and anything related to my future perfect bike. This place was one of my first hits!

So I eventually join so I can see pics and vendor stuff I didn't have access to. I wanted to learn everything I could about my new bike and other CVO’s. I wasn't interested in chatting or joining a forum. I'd never participated in one before. And always felt that people are a bunch of fakes online, from some previous dating attempts in my single years. But as I'm reading and catching up and learning, I see I have to ask some questions. Couldn't get all my answers by just reading stuff. So I make my first post and introduce myself, I think, and start asking questions. Loads of questions! I had never owned a FI computer controlled bike before. Never really wanted one either. But I couldn't resist that perfect Black SERK. After all, it had everything! So I had to learn this chit now. As I'm asking my questions and people are eagerly responding, I'm seeing something else. These people know their chit! And they seem really nice too! They seem to be who they portray themselves to be! Chit! This place is for real!!!

But as I'm participating and getting sucked into the whole family atmosphere of this place, I'm also finding out about a lot of really bad chit about my Brand New Perfect Black SERK. And all the ‘07’s. I even second guessed getting rid of my carb’d ’03 and cancelling this bike! For about a second! Nothing was going to interfere with me getting my perfect Black SERK. It was destiny! Anything HD can make, if it's not good enough, we can make better. But this thing comes with a 2-Year  W…..ty! What am I worried about? It's under w…..ty! Or so I thought!

Then you people taught me about a little game called “Beat the W…..ty!” This game is played by all members of this great family. Children of all ages and sexes! The rules are simple. Touch your bike and OOPS, YOU LOSE!!! But there were nuances to this game that you had to master. If you play the game well, you can seem to be able to both modify your bike and keep you 2 Year W…..ty too. So, I set out to become a Master at this game! I became the Keeper of the W…..ty! I would have my cake and eat it too! Every modification was carefully planned so I would stay in “The Game”. Every time I met resistance or a challenge, I rose to the occasion and came up with a way to counter and stay in “The Game”! All this was done, with extremely careful planning, and numerous posts now at this point, before I even got the bike! Some people got annoyed by all this careful planning and “Game” mastering, some people got a kick out of it, and some people joined on board the same team! It was interesting to watch this develop. And I answered everyone. I also volunteered my expertise as I could, everywhere, so that I could help other people with the stuff I knew about.  But never participating in a Forum before, I didn't realize that the posts are piling up now, and some people are getting annoyed at this. Or so I thought!

Like I said, never in a Forum and the people here a for real, then the missiles start flying. These people are real, so this must be serious. Well, I ain't taking this chit from nobody! So I start firing back. And this goes on for awhile, while you people were all enjoying yourselves over it! I'm glad I amused ya’ll! But I hadn't realized something. As a close knit family, that I was becoming involved with more and more, these people were teasing another family member like we all did as kids. Let's see who can get to whom. Let's see how long it takes Hoist to catch on. It took awhile, and I kept firing back, and we all had a grand old time! Then ya’ll let me in on the fact that it was all in fun! But this W…..ty thing wasn't going away. And either was I! So I continued to barrage the place with a w.....ty related post assault! Til even I got sick of it! But then I got my bike. It's January of this year now.

END OF PART ONE

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:51:29 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2007, 04:40:12 PM »

PART TWO

So now I just picked up my brand new, perfect Black SERK. I already knew EVERYTHING I was going to do to it! YEAH RIGHT!!! You people have nothing better to do than find every product made for CVO’s under the Sun! Every Performance product, every cleaning agent, every cosmetic change known to man. And some not yet known yet! You know what bikes are coming out even before HD does! Man, am I screwed! Everything I was avoiding doing to my bike and maintain my 2-Year W…..ty, couldn't be avoided any longer. F the W…..ty! But Hoist, you just got this thing! Give it some time. Get familiar with it first! F that Chit! After 4 previous RK’s, I knew everything it needed that it was still lacking. But this thing's a really great starting platform! Damn the W.....ty, full speed ahead!!! So it was time to resign in shame as Keeper of the W…..ty and start to enjoy my brand new perfect Black SERK!!!

But Hoist ain't as dumb as he looks (shut up Chip!) I now was on a new Mission. This Mission consisted of making the perfect Black SERK become actually PERFECT! This is no easy task considering the issues with these things. And the Mission includes things I've learned while mastering “The Game” I'd just learn to play. So I engage my dealer in “The Game”. He kinda likes this game too! There seems to be different sets of rules to this game with each and every dealer. They all play a slightly different version of it. So it's important to know what version your dealer plays so you can get a copy of the rules for that version and learn to play too! Some things don't matter. Some things are a No-No, and some things are A-OK!

The bike needs a front and rear suspension. FL’s never had one before. But then you guys find a Sport Bike Racing Suspension company that will make a sport bike cartridge assembly to fit our forks. I had already done exhaust, air cleaner and PC. It wasn't running too bad. Had already replaced the handlebars too. The bike was pretty comfy. I was already staring to get to know people here. Why not setup a trip to meet as many of you as I can, and hit Atlanta and get a new front suspension while I'm down there. So I recruited as many of you as were available to join me on my unplanned planned trip! I still underestimated the power of this great site! To my surprise, you came in droves, and invited me into your homes wherever I went. Imagine, total strangers (and it don't get no stranger than me!), inviting me and my wife into their homes. And you've never met us before. Just talked to ya’ll in a Forum. My wife thought I'd lost my mind! That is, until she started meeting you folks with me. Each person nicer than the last! Each home nicer than the last! My lord, I hit the Mutha’ F’ing Lode finding this great site!

Well, I got to meet many of you already. I've stayed in your homes and you've been to mine. You've helped me get my bike closer and closer to becoming the most PERFECT BLACK SERK I could ever imagine. I've made many lifetime friendships with people I've met here. And I know there are many more I just haven't met yet. I can't believe how engaged I've become here. And what a Family this place has become. I can't say enough about how this great site has affected me in so many positive ways. Personally, socially, and for what I thought I was doing here in the first place, learning things about my new perfect SERK. My bike is now so much closer to that when I first got it! It's not all there yet, but it's a damn fine specimen!

You see by now, I'm not going away! I think you're finally getting used to that. But I'll still provide my brand of torture as required! I can't thank everyone enough for the help y'all provide, be it technical or personal. You people are always there for each other! And you've been there for me! Can't say enough about it, so I think I won't say anymore right now. I love this great site and I love you all!!! (You can't have my Bud Light though!) Thanks for letting me have my small part in this place. I look forward to meeting those I haven't met before, and seeing those I have again.

Live free and ride forever my CVOHarley Brothers and Sisters, with the wind at your backs!!!

With my sincerest regards to you all, Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2007, 04:44:33 PM »

First to congrat Hoist on the 5k plan.

Just like you ride, fast as hell.  Well, if your bike isn't in the shop.

Good job, even powering through negativity and getting some riding in along the way.  I know I'm in your sights, slowing down just like B B to be overtaken and pointing to the inside line.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:46:24 PM by Rjob749 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2007, 04:45:42 PM »

First to cangrat Hoist on the 5k plan.

Thanks Rog. As one of the first to welcome and encourage me, that seems appropriate! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »

Hey Hoist, great post(s)!  I enjoy reading your 'take' on things and you've become a cornerstone of the site with your reaching 5K posts. 
Congratulations and keep up the good work.  Haven't had a opportunity to meet/ride w/ you yet, but hope to down the road.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »

holy chit. 5K already..... did'nt you just get here.....
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2007, 05:05:26 PM »

Hey Hoist, great post(s)!  I enjoy reading your 'take' on things and you've become a cornerstone of the site with your reaching 5K posts. 
Congratulations and keep up the good work.  Haven't had a opportunity to meet/ride w/ you yet, but hope to down the road.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder

Thanks spidey, looking forward to meeting and riding with you too! Hot Springs maybe? I can't wait for that. I'll get to meet many more I haven't met yet. Are you one? har!

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »

Yeah Neal, where've you been? A few too many of them homebrews huh! ;D :drink: Thanks for developing this great site. It's become my second home! ;) Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2007, 05:07:46 PM »

No kidding Neal, 20 plus posts a day, now there's a compulsive "A" type if you ask me.....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2007, 05:09:43 PM »

No kidding Neal, 20 plus posts a day, now there's a compulsive "A" type if you ask me.....

WFO Baby! Everything to excess! My passion takes over sometimes! That's why I'm the "Monster"! Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »

WFO Baby! Everything to excess! My passion takes over sometimes! That's why I'm the "Monster"! Hoist! 8)

I hear you, hell, we all hear you :huepfenlol2:  Keep up the good work, wish B B was here, hope he made it back to see his dad.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2007, 05:20:28 PM »

I hear you, hell, we all hear you :huepfenlol2:  Keep up the good work, wish B B was here, hope he made it back to see his dad.

I hope so to Rog. Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 25 queries.