Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO RGU vs Limited  (Read 2055 times)

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

CVO RGU vs Limited
« on: July 13, 2019, 07:35:42 PM »

Just brought home a 15 CVO RGU.  I've had several batwing fairings but first road glide and I am very impressed.  The fit and finish is excellent just like my 16 limited.  Both bikes have the 117 so plenty of power but the limited feels a bit nimble at slow turns. The road glide 'feels' bigger.  Could very well be because the fairing is further away and I just need some seat time.  One clear difference is wind buffeting.  I bought the bike in Arizona and rode it back to Vegas on a 112 deg day and very high winds.  The wind buffeting is incredible.   Regardless both are excellent bikes and time will tell If I have a preference.  Just curious to hear thoughts from others who have ridden both.  Also I would like to lower the fairing an inch or two and add a klockwerks windshield (thinking the 9inch as I'm 5'11).  I know several companies make drop kits so looking for a recommendation.  Plan is also to do a 180 front tire by end of year. 

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
Re: CVO RGU vs Limited
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »

Can't comment on the difference between a RGU or a Limited but you picked an awesome color.....   :mango: :bananarock: I just bought my first CVO in the same colors but I have been a Road Glide rider since 2009. Never been a fan of the bat wing fairing. I can say going from a 2011 RGU to my 2015 RGU CVO is AMAZING in the difference in how the newer bike handles. I'm waiting on my 117" kit to come off back order so I can get it installed. My bike only had 6,400 miles on it when I bought it in June.

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 09:37:18 PM »

I really like the 14 to 16 Rushmore bikes. Test rode several new ones and not sold on the 114 or 117 M8's (at least not yet).   The 117 twincam with a good tune is an incredible ride.  You'll love it.  Congrats on the RGU. 

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 09:46:34 PM »

I'm on my 2nd CVORGU after coming off of a batwing. Won't go back to a cyclops. Seat time and finding the windshield that suits you best will make you really enjoy that bike. It's an adjustment. One of the things that will drive you crazy is the screen on the radio with the sun above or at your back. It's pretty much useless at that point due to the glare.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 02:32:06 AM »

I really like the 14 to 16 Rushmore bikes. Test rode several new ones and not sold on the 114 or 117 M8's (at least not yet).   The 117 twincam with a good tune is an incredible ride.  You'll love it.  Congrats on the RGU.

I agree totally, everyone told me how great the M8 engines were and that if I rode one I would not want an older bike. I rode a 2019 RGU and then the 2015 CVO RGU back to back. Well you see what I bought. I wasn't that impressed with the 2019. Granted it only had the 114" M8 but I feel the 110" pulls better and has more power. I can't wait until that 117" kit comes in and it gets installed. I already like my bike am pretty confident that the 117" will just make it a ton better.

I'm on my 2nd CVORGU after coming off of a batwing. Won't go back to a cyclops. Seat time and finding the windshield that suits you best will make you really enjoy that bike. It's an adjustment. One of the things that will drive you crazy is the screen on the radio with the sun above or at your back. It's pretty much useless at that point due to the glare.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

OBB is spot on about the screen on the dang nab stereo being useless when the sun is at your back. I got the screen kit from https://www.nushield.com/ for the stereo and gauges and it does help some. The first thing I did was to change the screen from black to white. It does help but doesn't fix the issue.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 12:18:52 PM »

Spent a day test-driving both bikes back in March of 2015. Here is what I reported:

180 miles today.  Got to thoroughly test out the Fullsac / TTS Stage 1 kit.  Rode with Treeman and his new, '15 CVO Limited (stock and 500 miles).  We rode twisties in the Santa Monica Mountains, Back roads through the very windy Oxnard Valley and had lunch in Camarillo.  We tried several pulls in various gears and the power difference between the bikes is significant as is the throttle response and smoothness.  Kudos to Steve Cole and Steve George for some great products.  I was surprised by the clear advantage of the Stage 1 bike.  So was Treeman.  So much so that we rode hard back to his house to install his kit.  We also traded rides which leads me to another issue. 

There previously may have been an honest debate as to the superiority of the Batwing vs. Sharknose faring but as of 2015, there is no contest.  Today I was able to thoroughly test both CVO'S, back to back with fairing vents open and closed.  Both had stock windshields.  The balance, stability, handling, aerodynamics and wind management of the Road Glide in zero to 40 plus mph winds is remarkable and far superior.  The Limited is a great ride but the Road Glide is just better and more comfortable, especially in high cross and head winds.   That's my review and I'm sticking to it!    :coolblue:

Top of Topanga Canyon overlooking the San Fernando Valley.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 04:11:09 PM »

Spent a day test-driving both bikes back in March of 2015. Here is what I reported:

Thank you Greg.  I did a similar test this week.  My brother and I took both bikes out for an 80 mile loop to Overton, NV. The loop includes both high speed straight runs and plenty of sharp twisties and long sweeping curves. We traded bikes on the way back. The Limited has a 117 with stock headers and intake and a screamin eagle tuner tuned at Harley.  The Ultra has the 117 with Full sac headers and core, ventilator intake and TTS mastertune tuned by Fullsac Performance.  Both have Dunlop tires and stock suspension and we took the tourpacks off. The Ultra without a doubt takes it when it comes to wind buffeting. On road manners and handling, both were similar.  I am actually enjoying the open feel of the ultra (I'm 6 ft and 240 lbs).   The power also without a doubt goes to the Ultra because of the Fullsac tune.  I was able to break the tires loose easily in the lower gears (need to keep this in mind when I get throttle happy).  The SE tuner definitely limits the performance.  Another strictly subjective item I noticed was the ultra got more compliments from other riders.

So final verdict  - Ultra is here to stay.  The Limited will most likely be sold. 

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 24 queries.