Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Engine Wear/ Best Oil ?  (Read 2667 times)

ultrarider123

Re: Engine Wear/ Best Oil ?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »

We have met the Minimum Monthly Requirement (MMR) for motorcycle oil threads.  June is considered a vacation month, therefore the MMR is lower for June.

We may have met the MMR for May but we are WAY over the TLV for the entire subject... :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :nervous: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 01:58:50 PM »

Don't need no stinkin' motor oil on that new electric Harley.  Just sayin'.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

J.D.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 03:19:13 PM »

It's all ball bearings.

-Fletch

MCE

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 05:05:07 PM »

FWIW: The springs on the 110 heads are way over the top. Seat pressure is much higher than it needs to be. I throw the stock springs in the spare parts bin and use something lighter on the seat.

Not saying that's your problem, but it's certainly not helping your cause. Next time the heads are off, put some springs on that are lighter on the seat pressure and also lighter open pressure.

I think the real problem is just the crappy lifters that HD uses. Lighter springs would also go in if I were building it.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 03:47:35 AM »

We may have met the MMR for May but we are WAY over the TLV for the entire subject... :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :nervous: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

If only someone would invent ANOTHER new & ridiculously expensive wax or polish that would give the best results ever even when compared to any other ridiculously expensive wax or polish.  Of course it would then be The Best of All Time.  Otherwise known as TBoAT.  Hopefully soon someone will do this.

:huepfenlol2:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 08:58:30 AM »

FWIW: The springs on the 110 heads are way over the top. Seat pressure is much higher than it needs to be. I throw the stock springs in the spare parts bin and use something lighter on the seat.

Not saying that's your problem, but it's certainly not helping your cause. Next time the heads are off, put some springs on that are lighter on the seat pressure and also lighter open pressure.

I think the real problem is just the crappy lifters that HD uses. Lighter springs would also go in if I were building it.
What springs do you use on the 110 heads?

MCE

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »

What springs do you use on the 110 heads?

Manley double springs.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2019, 06:09:25 PM »

may be using the wrong NGK spark plug for you oil type  :nixweiss: … also plug gap ratio to viscosity has be set correctly
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:13:38 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 09:13:05 AM »

We can RESSURECT the MOTUL oil debate!!!
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.