Author Topic: Soundz  (Read 2041 times)

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
Soundz
« on: February 27, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »

I am seriously considering removal of my Boom II audio and replacing it with a better system. So far, I have talked to Soundz and Biketronics and both sound good. Soundz is in Laconia actually Loudon at the speedway (3 miles from my house:)) during bike week and is offering Free installation. Has anyone used there 6 speaker set up adding 2 to the lowers? They priced a system with 2 iron 57’s in bags and 4 iron 65’s in the fairing and lowers. I’m also wondering if the Carbon 65’s are worth the extra money? Has anyone gone from Boom II to this set up? My Boom II wa blowing speakers, has no low end Bass and now doesn’t crank up after the last reflash. I am assuming they killed the volume in the reflash to save the speakers.

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

Re: Soundz
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 03:34:39 PM »

Anyone have any thoughts/input here?

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 06:15:41 PM »

I had soundz up grade  my RGU in sturgis this past rally... 4 speakers, amp and DSP they also flashed the head unit,  didn't  know how bad it was.... I went with the iron  65s in front (the latest design) cant think what rears are ( a step down from the 65) he says the carbons don't have as good of sound as the irons , the thing flat out kicks azz is all I can say about it,,, just cant report on the long run yet but no issues so far
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »

go with Soundz.  Pete has done my last 4 bikes.  My latest is my 19 CVO RG.  Great guy and great product.

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 08:33:09 AM »

I am seriously considering removal of my Boom II audio and replacing it with a better system. So far, I have talked to Soundz and Biketronics and both sound good. Soundz is in Laconia actually Loudon at the speedway (3 miles from my house:)) during bike week and is offering Free installation. Has anyone used there 6 speaker set up adding 2 to the lowers? They priced a system with 2 iron 57’s in bags and 4 iron 65’s in the fairing and lowers. I’m also wondering if the Carbon 65’s are worth the extra money? Has anyone gone from Boom II to this set up? My Boom II wa blowing speakers, has no low end Bass and now doesn’t crank up after the last reflash. I am assuming they killed the volume in the reflash to save the speakers.

Had Pete do complete system on my '11 RGU. Still blew a couple of rear speakers (Focals) Soundz replaced them without issues. Understand now that Hybrid Audio Technology makes all of Pete's speakers. Cant go wrong with Soundz. I am debating driving 4 hours to VA (Closest spot for me) to have an HD dealer install one of Soundz systems. Pete says this dealer does a lot of his installs and as Pete put it "he rips out the HD junk".

Just not sure if spending the $$ on the lowers is worth it. From what I have read, they sound good in a parking lot, but offer no better sound at speed. Anyone agree? Disagree?

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 04:04:19 PM »

Well I signed up with Soundz for bike week. I’m doing all 6 speakers and his biggest amp. Not cheap, but I’m sure it will be worth it. The more special I make this bike the less chance I’ll go crazy and trade it lol. I think the lowers will add sound not just for the rider but also the passenger. The bag speakers get blocked when riding 2 up and that’s why I’m adding lower speakers as well. Everyone I’ve talked to with lowers says it makes a substantial difference.

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 06:06:49 PM »

Congrats on the decision. I'm sure you'll be highly impressed with Pete's product and their workmanship is impeccable. Let us know after the install and I specifically would like to know what you think of the lowers.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 06:22:10 PM »

I had Soundz do one of my cvo's and Pete did a decent job. I now use Kartunes, a local high end audio outfit and they do a great job as well.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 09:17:38 PM »

My understanding is Soundz developed there own speakers and amp and have upped their game in the last 2 years or so. I have found a ton of positive reviews on there new packages. I will give a full update when done.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:19:38 PM by 1roadking »

luc.who

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Slate gray/Black
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 09:53:39 AM »

My understanding is Soundz developed there own speakers and amp and have upped their game in the last 2 years or so. I have found a ton of positive reviews on there new packages. I will give a full update when done.

Please do. I have been thinking of upgrading my stereo system and have been looking at soundz.  I am curious of the amp weight and if I can recover the room in my saddlebag. 

2012 FLHXSE3 Slate Gray/ Diamond Black
Drago Heads & 580 Cams
118 HP and 125 TQ
Built & Tuned by Wide Open Cycles in Virginia
TTS Master Tuner
Fullsac DX Header
Rinehart 4inch slip ons

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 05:18:34 PM »

Pete has done my last two bikes. He's the best there is in harley audio. You won't go wrong by using him. Stuart.  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.