Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome side panel/covers for and FXR FOUND  (Read 2168 times)

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
Chrome side panel/covers for and FXR FOUND
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:30:48 PM »

Searching for info on chrome side/panel covers for an FXR.  I am assuming they would fit ontoAnyone have the OEM part number?  I know they are an obsolete part, but figure there has to be a set laying in a few dealerships. As seen in this pic  http://s349.photobucket.com/albums/q394/imdicycle/1986%20FXRS-SP/?action=view&current=DSCF0417.jpg  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:06:50 PM by JamesButler »

Bullwinkle

Re: Chrome side panel/covers for and FXR
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:59:58 AM »

Don't know for sure about an OEM part number, but they are on eBay fairly often.  Just search for "FXR side covers".

Elvisplace.com also might have them and he sometimes posts part numbers.

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
Re: Chrome side panel/covers for and FXR
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 06:43:27 PM »

Bullwinkle,

Thanks for the info. Snatched up a set two weeks ago.  Also got a set of the lower covers which fit below the larger ones, from elvisplace.  FYI also on ebay is an aftermarket speedo/tach relocation kit. Mounts onto the lower handlebar clamp, just below the bend.  Seller is lyricc22. Seems like it will work well for moving the speedo and tach to the handlebars from the tank on the FXR3, (with the slotted mounting bracket you installed).  No need for bending the bracket or filing it down. Thinking of swapping out the upper stock handlebar clamp and going with a Bar & Shield logo clamp, and then using the slotted mounting bracket to house the speedo/tach and indicator lights.  Take a look at the item on ebay and PM me with your thoughts if you get the chance.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.