Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: DYNO POST BOARD  (Read 13399 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: DYNO POST BOARD
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 01:36:04 AM »

I am online now, writing the next chapter of the quest for ..... You won't believe your eyes...

Congrats on your 1000th post. 

I've only 600 to go....check that, now 599....
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

FlatoutKrazy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 12:22:28 AM »

06 SEFB, V+H true duals, Heavy Breather, SERT
2010 CVO Conv.
V+H True Duals + SERT
SE Pro Heavy Breather Intake
Detachable mid low Sissy bar
Lepera Maverick seat W/ orange flame stitching
 HD Flush Mount L.E.D. Fuel Guage and Cap
AUX. Lighting kit
Kuryakyn Ergo Bar W/ Driving lights

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 03:38:46 AM »

Those numbers aren't bad at all for the work done to your ride. Is that list complete?

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

FlatoutKrazy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 09:18:42 PM »

I believe it is cept for the chrome front fender nose guard
2010 CVO Conv.
V+H True Duals + SERT
SE Pro Heavy Breather Intake
Detachable mid low Sissy bar
Lepera Maverick seat W/ orange flame stitching
 HD Flush Mount L.E.D. Fuel Guage and Cap
AUX. Lighting kit
Kuryakyn Ergo Bar W/ Driving lights

SE-Mike

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 CVO FatBoy
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »

Aussie,

I think I found the answer. I went to the San Francisco Bay Area for a week long trip on my SEFB. It's a 1,000 mile round trip and to my good fortune, I ran across a pro shop with a top gun tuner.

I will post my results when I return home ( I am still in Fremont, CA) but the numbers are finally making sense:
approximately 118-119 HP and 119-120 TQ.  Yeah, that's right, and I am smiling now.

Stay tuned,

kona76
Mike K.

Kona,

I live in Newark and I'm curious as to who you used to tune your bike?

Thanks,

Mike

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 06:26:57 AM »

Kona,

I live in Newark and I'm curious as to who you used to tune your bike?

Thanks,

Mike

Forgive me if this is late, or redundant: I am visiting in So Cal on a friends computer. If the question is current, I went to RC Cycles, Hayward, CA. The gentleman who  does the dyno department is  Bob.

I can easily go out on a limb and say he is one of the finest techs I have met, and that's  quite a number of so called "dyno technicians". He also comes highly reccommended by other techs in the performance field.

Good  luck  in your search for techs.

Mike K.
kona76

SE-Mike

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 12:30:19 AM »

Forgive me if this is late, or redundant: I am visiting in So Cal on a friends computer. If the question is current, I went to RC Cycles, Hayward, CA. The gentleman who  does the dyno department is  Bob.

I can easily go out on a limb and say he is one of the finest techs I have met, and that's  quite a number of so called "dyno technicians". He also comes highly reccommended by other techs in the performance field.

Good  luck  in your search for techs.

Mike K.
kona76

Mike,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I have heard alot of good things about RC and that is where I'm planning on going to get my tune. When I get it done I will post my numbers.

Thanks again,

Mike

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
Dyno sheet
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »

This sheet is a "103 PLUS" 06 SE FATBOY that a friend owns, built with all Harley Parts.  Rick Nelson at Cajun HD in LA. did the tuning with a PCIII.  First run was tuning by the dealer that did the motor work, and the second was done by CAJUN HD,  so you can see what a good "tuner" can do.  I might also mention that there was headwork done over and above what the HD heads came with.
See attachment..................
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:02:51 PM by WISHBONE »
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED
ALL THE CHROME THAT WOULD FIT

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 09:56:29 AM »

FINALLY GOT MY 2006 "MONSTER FATBOY" WHERE IT SHOULD BE WITH THE $$$ SPENT.
CHECK OUT ATTACHMENT............YEEHAW !!!
JIMS 120
"TMAN" 650 CAMS
HEAD WORK BY JOHN SACHS  FT. LAUDERDALE
145HP/144TQ
ANOTHER RICK NELSON/CAJUN HD TUNING JOB WITH SE RACE TUNER
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:03:33 AM by WISHBONE »
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED
ALL THE CHROME THAT WOULD FIT

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »

Very nice straight up torque from idle. Most charts don't start till after 2k :bananarock:

SE-Mike

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »

I finally got my bike dyno tuned yesterday, and for anybody thats wondering if its really worth doing this to a stock bike I would say HELL YES! I had been going back and forth on should I do it or not and decided last week that it was time. I had always been happy with the performance of the bike and only had a couple issues like popping on deceleration, and sometimes it would cough through the air cleaner when I started it hot.

When I got the bike it had a Thunder Header on it and I was told a download for the pipe. Like I said it ran well. I later installed a V/H 2-1 Big Radios and a K&N air filter. These are the only engine mods made to the bike. On Friday I spent 2 hours in the Dyno room with Bob @ RC Cycles watching him meticulously tweak the tune on the bike. He did a great job and explained what he was doing through out the process. Not only did I get a great tune but I got an education on tuning as well.

At the end of the tuning session Bob was able to take my bike from 85hp & 96ft lbs of torq. to 104hp & 107ft lbs of torq. That's a 20% increase in HP and a 11% increase in torque, pretty impressive for a stock motor. But the best part was when I took it for a test ride. The acceleration was smoother through the power band, the bike had way more power and the little issues that it had were gone. I would highly reccommend this shop for anyone looking to get a quality tune and where you can watch whats going on during the process. I have posted my dyno sheet below.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:40:13 PM by SE-Mike »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.