Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: DYNO POST BOARD  (Read 13409 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: DYNO POST BOARD
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 10:11:48 AM »

95" Twin Cam, TW60's, 44mm CV, SE intake, SE Pro Pipe. 104.8hp and 105tq.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »

This is my dyno for my 06 fat boy 103, D&D boarzilla 2 in 1, K&N , SERT , 8mm plug wire's, triple platinum plug's SORRY the number's are fuzzy but right at 100 H.P. & 100 Tourqe
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:57:05 PM by purple haze »
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 12:23:01 PM »

All I have done is D&D Boarzzilla 2 in 1 , K&N , SERT, 8 mm plug wire's, triple plat. plug's, try to buy EXXON 93 and that's it except moved plate down low for a little bling, it was all most 100 degree's that day and high humidity but that is no excuse, I have been thinking of putting different cam in but trying to pay off house right now so that is on back burner for now hope you can read this it is a little fuzzy, I know it is not close to your bike but here it is.
TOM

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 04:02:49 PM »

95" SE perf heads/cast flat tops /Mik HSR 42 carb /Andrews TW31G ( .510 lift) /Dyna TC88-2 ign Cometic top end kit, SE II slipons  98.13hp /100.66 lbs ft

Not bad for a low lift cam, thinking of droppin in a higher lift if I don't sell it .

Power is good , more power is BETTER
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:04:32 PM by nidan »
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 09:22:59 PM »

I can not load pictures on HARLEY forum.
TOM

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2007, 09:36:10 PM »

I can not load pictures on HARLEY forum.
More then likely the pictures are to big. Try reducing the size and they should load.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

speedy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Fatboy
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 01:34:19 AM »

Here is my Dyno sheet.
See my Intro thread for mods done.
This tune was done at 3000km, the engine didn`t loosen up noticeably till around 8000km so I expect that the figures could be better now if checked.
Cheers,
           Speedy.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 12:30:05 PM »

Thanks for your help Fired00d, I think it may be working now.
TOM

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »

I think if the numbers keep going up or down, I should post the results. So, after trying the newest air filter and a couple of custom maps, here's the latest.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 06:38:40 PM »

I think if the numbers keep going up or down, I should post the results. So, after trying the newest air filter and a couple of custom maps, here's the latest.

Kona,

Something is not right here & my money is on the SERT or should I say your tuner. You have done head work raised the compression & put some serious cams in (or maybe they are not the right ones). I would have been expecting at least 115hp & around 120ft/lb tq. My best run has been with my custom lake pipe 105/109 & I got no compression or head work, only the bolt in zippers 575g cams. But even now with the Big Radius I am down a little in hp but across the board the results are better  98/110

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 09:49:36 AM »

Aussie,

Greetings. I have lost heart in this HP & TQ quest. I tried the new air filter, with no cover (none available that day but I ordered one OCD Style !!) After a initial 3HP gain and Zero Tq gains, I ran the new stuff with a custom map and it ran great. But it looked so out of place without a Chrome Cleaner Cover, and it stuck out way too far for comfort, I went back to the High Flow, and sucked up 3hp and another $120.00.

Ya know, I have been on these guys about the DynoJet they use. It is calibrated every four months by spec requirements. "No one else calibrates theirs in the LA area" the owner of the "performance" shop says to me. He knows the technical staff at the mfg, and they never get requests from any body else to calibrate. Plus, these Los Angeles types are the types to manipulate a reading or two. I am not making that up. The scores around the area are possibly higher than they should be just to reward the customer with results. DO YOU F--K--G BELIEVE THAT?

So, I thought the numbers would be considerably higher considering the cost of the project now reaching the $9,000.00 plus range. What do I do? Get a second opinion? Have another shop check out the work? I have top quality parts into the build, you know what I chose: Fueling, J&E, HD Screamin Eagle, etc. Top of the line CAM from Bob Woods "Night Prowler". I have an expensive list that befuddles my basic knowledge of our rides: "There is a price point that can equal $100 for every 1 HP gain to stage 1" after that it is up to the ceiling to consider costs. So I went all out because I cherish this ride.

Any suggestions? You have my utmost attention Aussie as I know you are interested in successful results as well. Who governs these projects anyway? Or just go shoot the guy in the foot? I am listening.

Just a note: I have the last Dyno result at the same numbers above this post. 107Hp 113Tq. What's my next move?

Your friend,

Kona 76
Mike K.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 06:06:08 AM »

Aussie,

Greetings. I have lost heart in this HP & TQ quest. I tried the new air filter, with no cover (none available that day but I ordered one OCD Style !!) After a initial 3HP gain and Zero Tq gains, I ran the new stuff with a custom map and it ran great. But it looked so out of place without a Chrome Cleaner Cover, and it stuck out way too far for comfort, I went back to the High Flow, and sucked up 3hp and another $120.00.

Ya know, I have been on these guys about the DynoJet they use. It is calibrated every four months by spec requirements. "No one else calibrates theirs in the LA area" the owner of the "performance" shop says to me. He knows the technical staff at the mfg, and they never get requests from any body else to calibrate. Plus, these Los Angeles types are the types to manipulate a reading or two. I am not making that up. The scores around the area are possibly higher than they should be just to reward the customer with results. DO YOU F--K--G BELIEVE THAT?

So, I thought the numbers would be considerably higher considering the cost of the project now reaching the $9,000.00 plus range. What do I do? Get a second opinion? Have another shop check out the work? I have top quality parts into the build, you know what I chose: Fueling, J&E, HD Screamin Eagle, etc. Top of the line CAM from Bob Woods "Night Prowler". I have an expensive list that befuddles my basic knowledge of our rides: "There is a price point that can equal $100 for every 1 HP gain to stage 1" after that it is up to the ceiling to consider costs. So I went all out because I cherish this ride.

Any suggestions? You have my utmost attention Aussie as I know you are interested in successful results as well. Who governs these projects anyway? Or just go shoot the guy in the foot? I am listening.

Just a note: I have the last Dyno result at the same numbers above this post. 107Hp 113Tq. What's my next move?

Your friend,

Kona 76
Mike K.

Kona,

I do not have the answer! But I just noticed that this is my 1000th  :2vrolijk_20: post so thought this would be a great place for it!
I cannot figure it out either, you have got all the good $hit & it feels great but the numbers just don't make sense on the dyno!!
Speaking of numbers not making sense , I do believe your project is closer to $1000 for every 1 HP gain, not $100 as you suggest.

I am starting to get over the numbers & go by my Butt Dyno as with my 2 into 1 Big Radius I have less peak power but the bike is better all round.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2007, 10:11:55 AM »

Kona,

I do not have the answer! But I just noticed that this is my 1000th  :2vrolijk_20: post so thought this would be a great place for it!
I cannot figure it out either, you have got all the good $hit & it feels great but the numbers just don't make sense on the dyno!!
Speaking of numbers not making sense , I do believe your project is closer to $1000 for every 1 HP gain, not $100 as you suggest.

I am starting to get over the numbers & go by my Butt Dyno as with my 2 into 1 Big Radius I have less peak power but the bike is better all round.

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,

I think I found the answer. I went to the San Francisco Bay Area for a week long trip on my SEFB. It's a 1,000 mile round trip and to my good fortune, I ran across a pro shop with a top gun tuner.

I will post my results when I return home ( I am still in Fremont, CA) but the numbers are finally making sense:
approximately 118-119 HP and 119-120 TQ.  Yeah, that's right, and I am smiling now.

Stay tuned,

kona76
Mike K.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 12:56:40 AM »

OK, This is for all the guys who pulled for me to get it right. I am home once again, 1,200 miles wiser and aged to a crisp flavor....just kidding.

I am posting the results of the dyno completed just the other day. And the story will continue on my post about the quest for the 125/125 HP and TQ.

But for now, and Aussie, I'm still smiling....here's the data...

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 01:25:59 AM »

OK, This is for all the guys who pulled for me to get it right. I am home once again, 1,200 miles wiser and aged to a crisp flavor....just kidding.

I am posting the results of the dyno completed just the other day. And the story will continue on my post about the quest for the 125/125 HP and TQ.

But for now, and Aussie, I'm still smiling....here's the data...

Thats what I wanted to see! But I can't wait to find out why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers
Aussie

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 22 queries.