Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom! audio Stage II question  (Read 1702 times)

Glenncarp

Boom! audio Stage II question
« on: October 20, 2017, 07:52:06 AM »

Lots written here about the upgrade on a 16' SERGU, bike is at dealer for battery replacement, yes...took it there as I did not think a '16 should need a battery, so they are replacing under warranty. ASked about the Stage II upgrade and was quoted same rice as a few months ago, $1,900 for parts and labor.

Question is, in reading through most of the posts here, am i correct that the additional amp has to go in the saddlebag? I was thinking one could be placed in the fairing. This is going to be a deal breaker for me as I need both saddle bags.

Can I get some help before I call the dealer today?

Thanks in advance

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: Boom! audio Stage II question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:00:59 AM »

Lots written here about the upgrade on a 16' SERGU, bike is at dealer for battery replacement, yes...took it there as I did not think a '16 should need a battery, so they are replacing under warranty. ASked about the Stage II upgrade and was quoted same rice as a few months ago, $1,900 for parts and labor.

Question is, in reading through most of the posts here, am i correct that the additional amp has to go in the saddlebag? I was thinking one could be placed in the fairing. This is going to be a deal breaker for me as I need both saddle bags.

Thanks in advance

I believe OBB put his under the tour-pak
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 04:14:30 PM »

I believe OBB put his under the tour-pak

Thanks, dealer confirmed same, I thought there was already one under tour pack like there was on '11 SERGU, but dealer says I only have one in fairing with '16 SERGU

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »

Thanks, dealer confirmed same, I thought there was already one under tour pack like there was on '11 SERGU, but dealer says I only have one in fairing with '16 SERGU
Haven't had time to read the forum today but Keith already answered and your dealer confirmed. One in the fairing and one under the TP. If you do add the other two then one would go in each saddlebag.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 04:35:26 PM »

Thanks in advance

Just picked bike up, Boom! audio II upgrade makes quite a difference. Lots more punch and ported bass to tour pack is much more pronounced. Is it worth $2,200? I guess that is an opinion. I am happy with the upgrade. Your head can spin reading all of the options, setups, combinations for upgrading the system. I went with HD installed hy HD so there can be no BS if system fails and it will all be covered ( I am assuming) by the 7 year warranty I bought with bike. I loved Soundz Custom system on last bike, but head unit sucked and I had to have Pete replace speakers 3 times as they blew. IMHO I'd say the upgrade is worth it.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »

FYI.....Speakers are not covered under the ESP but the amps are.

Good luck with Boom.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.