Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Picking up New Bike  (Read 5599 times)

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Picking up New Bike
« on: November 04, 2003, 11:02:51 PM »

[smiley=7.gif]Tomorrow will be picking up new blue screamin eagle electra glide, got interessted in bike when I saw it on Harley's web site and started looking for the bike at the local dealers.  Oops - they were all taken but was told I could call dealers in the outter areas to see if I could find one.  No such luck for fifteen calls but on the 16th the dealer in Macon said he had one!!

Two days later (saturday) I was at the dealer and as I entered the showroom I could not see the bike.  I thought it was sold, but when I asked the salesman he said it was in the back and they would get it for me.  Luckly for me it was in the warehouse STILL IN THE CRATE!!  No one had seen the bike since it was the dealers first.  They took it out of the box and the bike instantly drew a croud.  Within a matter of minutes I had bought the bike.  In fact while filling out the paper work two other customers wanted to talk to the salesman about the bike but he told them it was sold!!

My feeling is had the dealer placed the bike on the showroom floor it would have been sold long ago.  I just happened to be the first to ask for one and then follow up on it.  Not only got the bike instantly but saved a couple of thousand off what the dealers in the atlanta area told me they had sold theirs for.

Can't wait to ride this bike.  I have enjoyed the various posts on this board and look forward to getting information from you in the future.   Thanks

starvin

Re: Picking up New Bike
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 03:57:42 PM »

I just got mine home today. denfinetly recommend the 9 in. windshield for cold weather works great you still look over the top but most wind is deflected over your head it was 31 degrees the only thing that got cold were my hands. Hopefully get a little warmer weather so I can put a few miles on before the snow flies.

96hog

• Let's Ride! Newbie Only Behind a Keybord!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 09:39:38 PM »

I picked mine up yesterday.
I'm in LUV.... [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=7.gif]
2006 Ultra Classic
2004 SEEG
1996 Heritage Softale

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 11:34:48 PM »

Starvin - Congrats on the new bike, I did not pick mine up today because it rained most of the day and I have to go to Macon to get it (approx 150 miles).  Looks like friday is the next clear day.

I will probably also go for the taller shield.  Did you go for the clear or smoked verson???  Thanks

96hog

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 01:22:42 AM »

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Got mine for MSRP+ $450 setup/freight ............
I congratulate myself!!!!!!! [smiley=drink.gif]
2006 Ultra Classic
2004 SEEG
1996 Heritage Softale

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 01:27:42 AM »

96hog - Congratulations, there was not one dealer in the 16 plus that I called in and around Atlanta that quoted msrp even the ones that had already sold there alotment.  You got a very good buy, at one time I had decided that I would not pay over msrp but after making calls to the dealers realized that I was probably not going to get one if I held out.  Anyway its just money!!

starvin

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 05:49:15 PM »

Johnny, I got the smoked one, it is only lightly smoked and your not looking through it anyway. All the dealers around here sell for MSRP but the bikes went fast I got the last one of four our dealer got and that was only two days after I first saw them. I put the order in Sept 2
We went through the tour in tomahawk and saw them getting painted it is really an involved process, it takes five days to paint each one.

96hog

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 08:09:47 PM »

Johnny:
Thanks,I really got lucky on this one!
Like you I called everywhere with no luck
until I found the bike at the other end
of the state in Ft.Wayne.
Enjoy your ride,,,
She's a bute ;)

Starvin:
Tell us more about what you saw at Tomahawk.
Is the motorcycle completely assembled there?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 08:10:45 PM by 96hog »
2006 Ultra Classic
2004 SEEG
1996 Heritage Softale

starvin

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2003, 08:49:38 PM »

They don't assemble them at all they just make all the fiberglass parts and do the painting,if you look in your saddle bags you should find a sticker that says tomahawk. Every year the second weekend after labor day they have a rally in town, that is the only time that H.D. has an open house at the factory. They usually get about 20,000 bikes (alot for a small town in northern Wisconsin) Only bikes are allowed on main street after 5:00p.m. and they set up bands on each end of the street, raised $112,000 for MDA this year and the weather was unusually cold and wet. This is also the first time I saw the flhtcse and the line to ride it for the demo ride would have taken about 2 hours when i told the guy from harley i had one ordered he let me in by it and took my picture with me sitting on it. I would like to
« Last Edit: November 08, 2003, 09:33:17 PM by starvin »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 09:12:48 AM »

Starvin, 96 Hog and Johnny......you guys get your bikes and we don't hear from you anymore.  Come on guys, share the experiences.

They told me that mine will be late Feb. so I have about three months.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2003, 02:44:29 PM »

Maybe they are enjoing the bikes and too busy riding to talk.  I know I am..Got it friday and just got off it today cuz I had to take the 4 year old to school (he's too hyper to ride on the back).  Will post more info on the bike shortly.

Ps JCZ ..noticed your a MOD now..Congrats...
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2003, 11:16:20 PM »

Maybe they are enjoing the bikes and too busy riding to talk.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2003, 07:44:01 AM »

200 miles...mods are on sig.
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

starvin

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2003, 03:54:09 PM »

I wish i was too busy riding, with the temps not getting above freazing anymore and the roads have been salted a few times looks like the bike will be staying in the garage for a few months. its going to be a long winter. ended up putting on 300 miles on the bike and i wasn't really expecting to get it untill spring so i quess that was just a bonus.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2003, 04:27:43 PM »

No salt  or Ice in Texas..and it has been warm so far (50-60's). Quess I have been Lucky.   ;D As long as it is not wet I can handle the cold.  [smiley=6.gif]
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 24 queries.